Sunday, July 16, 2006

Year 3 Week 4

July 9 to 15, 2006

Lorette / Winnipeg, Manitoba

Year 3 week 4

 

Sunday ; Today started out cloudy and cool, but became sunny and warm by afternoon.

This morning I visited briefly with Sharon and Bud, then we got the trailer positioned and set up on the far side of the Danelak's circular driveway. This afternoon I fixed the TV antenna cable, and we washed the truck. We went into the city to have dinner with the Carlson's. After dinner with Lorri, Doug, Madeleine and Amelia, we spent the evening viewing our travel photos. Madeleine and Amelia are growing up quickly. It seems particularly evident to us with Madeleine, age 7.

 

Monday ; Today was hot and sunny.

Today was mostly a day of running errands. We bought a lot of groceries, refilled with diesel, and went to 4 RV dealers looking for the elusive cutlery drawer track. I have now looked for it at every RV dealer on the Trans-Canada Highway from St. John's, Newfoundland, to Winnipeg, Manitoba. None of the 4 RV dealers in Winnipeg had it. I'm having one of them contact the manufacturer of the trailer, Forest River in Goshen, Indiana.

Joanne did some laundry, then cleaned the truck interior. I did some paint touch up on the front of the trailer king pin, the inside lower edge of the truck tailgate, and the fifth wheel hitch. I mounted a Canada banner that we won as a door prize at the Escapees rally in Waterloo onto the front of the trailer king pin. I gave Bo his monthly heartworm preventive medication, then applied flea and tick treatments to Bo and Teddy. Teddy hates flea and tick treatment.

It was a lovely, warm evening. After supper we visited with Sharon and Bud in their gazebo until late at night.

 

Tuesday ; Today was sunny and hot.

I found 2 wood ticks embedded in Bo this morning. I changed a leaking dually valve stem extender on the truck. We washed the front of the trailer. I made many phone calls trying to track down a supplier of the kitchen drawer hardware I need. We had lunch outside with Sharon & Bud.

Joanne prepared a Louisiana supper for us and the Danelak's. She made a chicken and sausage gumbo, and crawfish é toufé e. After supper, while Sharon and Bud went to visit a friend, we watched a Rod Stewart concert on DVD on Bud's new big screen TV home theatre.

 

Wednesday ; Today was sunny and very hot.

I checked out 6 RV parks south and/or east of Winnipeg today, as potential places to stay for August and/or September this year, and/or next summer. Joanne came with me to 2 of them. I went by myself to 4 of them. I didn't really like any of them very much.

We spent the evening discussing our short and long term plans for where to stay. We didn't really make any firm decisions.

 

Thursday ; Today was mostly sunny and hot. It rained briefly a few times.

This morning we went to the RCMP detachment in Lorette and obtained criminal background checks for Guide Dogs Of The Desert. This afternoon we worked on washing and waxing the trailer. This evening I continued working on our personal income taxes < sigh >. It looks like I still have a long way to go on the income taxes. How in heaven's name is anybody supposed to figure out income tax forms ? ! ?

Late in the evening we visited with Sharon & Bud in the gazebo.

 

Friday ; Today was sunny and very hot.

This morning I drove into Winnipeg to run some errands. I ordered kitchen drawer hardware at Transcona Trailer Sales, then went to Canadian Tire in Southdale. This afternoon I mowed Bud's lawn. It's been a couple of years since I've driven around and around and around on a lawn tractor. I got sunburnt. Guess I should have worn a shirt, eh ? Duh ! Joanne continued washing and waxing the trailer. She made reservations at 3 different campgrounds, to take us all the way to Labour Day. It will give us a chance to try out different campgrounds around here and decide if anything near here suits us for use as a regular summer home base. We don't want to live in the Danelak's driveway forever.

I spent the evening continuing to work on our personal income tax returns. I finished Joanne's. I hit another snag with mine. I have to download yet another form from Revenue Canada's web site to continue working on mine < sigh >.

 

Saturday ; Today was sunny and hot again.

This morning we went with Sharon & Bud to a Farmer's Market at Pine Ridge Hollow near Bird's Hill Park. We bought some fresh produce and meat. When we returned to the Danelak's, Bud fabricated a custom heavy duty extension cord that allowed us to plug the trailer into a dedicated circuit inside the garage, and finally use the air conditioner in the trailer. Teddy in particular found it a great relief to have air conditioning.

Sharon prepared lunch for all of us, then we spent the afternoon and evening viewing our travel photos, and family photos from my brother Russell in Kelowna, B.C.. My brother's family photos were on a CD, in a video slide show format, and we viewed it on Bud's new big screen high definition TV through the DVD player. Just before we had supper with Sharon & Bud, I rushed out to our trailer, and quickly learned how to do that on my laptop. I put our photos onto a CD, and we viewed all of our second year photos the same way. It was great. Until now we've always shown our photos on the laptop screen. I didn't know how to put them onto a CD in video slide show format to view them on a TV through a DVD player.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment