Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 23 to 29, 2010

May 23 to 29, 2010


Well, we’re pretty tired of this crappy, cold, wet weather that persisted all week. Actually, it’s persisted for the entire month that we’ve been home.

On Sunday and Monday, between the periods of rain, we finished dismantling the gazebo’s shipping crate, and hauling the scrap lumber to our park’s “burn pile”. While there I found an eight foot section of framed lattice which I attached to two of our cedar planters. Joanne had planted pole beans and snap peas in the planters, and the lattice is for the peas and beans to climb on as they grow. Also, Joanne found a damaged banquet table with folding legs. We removed the folding legs and I used them to build a small table for our barbecue.

On Tuesday and Wednesday I got nasty with Alliance Woodcraft by phone and e-mail. That finally resulted in them shipping the door and screens for the gazebo. The shipping company phoned on Thursday to arrange for Friday delivery, but Joanne and I weren’t going to be home on Friday, so the shipping company and I agreed on delivery next Tuesday.

On Wednesday I met with my new “boss” in Osoyoos. I thought I was meeting him for an “interview”. He thought I was meeting him for “orientation”. Apparently, being hired was a given ! I spent a couple of hours with him receiving “orientation”, then picked up one of his fifth wheel trailers at his storage yard in Osoyoos, and delivered and set it up at Nk’Mip Campground in Osoyoos. In the pouring rain !

Got a haircut and beard trim on Thursday. Had a philosophical discussion with my stylist on why the service that costs $13 in Keremeos costs $3 in Mexico. Well, actually $2.99 … keep the change, I’m a rich gringo from Canada. HA HA HA ! HEY … for thirteen bucks Sarah won’t even trim my ear and nose hairs. HA HA HA ( SNORT ) HA HA ! ! !

We spent a long day in Penticton on Friday running errands. We met with our investment broker in the morning to discuss and implement our strategies to take advantage of the U.S. dollar and Canadian dollar exchange rate at par … if and when that happens again ! As it did a month ago ! In the afternoon while Joanne shopped for groceries I met with our insurance broker to review and renew the truck and trailer insurance policies.

Saturday was another windy, cold, rainy day ( sigh ). We got some yard work done. I set up Bo’s agility course components, then ran him through once. Well done, Bo, good dog. We did not wash the trailer which was our primary objective for today. Harvey is still filthy with Pacific Northwest road grime.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment