Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 4 to 10, 2010

July 4 to 10, 2010


On Monday evening I pulled a muscle in my lower back, causing excruciating pain. OUCH, OUCH, OUCH ! ! ! It was quite a bit better after a night’s sleep ( and powerful drugs ! ), but still quite bothersome for the rest of the week.

On Tuesday the weather became hot. I did a plumbing repair that I have been dreading. As difficult as I expected it to be, it was even more so. And … I sliced deeply with a hacksaw into the knuckle of the index finger of my left hand ! A deep, very jagged cut, imbedded with plastic dust off the saw blade from the plastic pipe I was cutting. OUCH, OUCH, OUCH ! ! !

Every few days we pick a huge batch of Saskatoons. Bo likes when I park the truck close to the Saskatoon bush / tree at the park’s front gate and we pick by standing in the bed of the truck. He stands up in the bed of the truck with his front paws on the bed rails, and picks his own Saskatoons from the low hanging branches. HA HA HA … good dog, Bo ! Joanne also picked some Pin Cherries from a bush in our park’s orchard and made a Pin Cherry compote which she mixed into yoghurt. I didn’t particularly like it.

Saturday was our first full day of work delivering rental RV trailers. And it was a scorching hot day, temperature well into the 90’s ! We delivered 5 trailers, all in Osoyoos. It was a long, hard day of work for both of us. But … we earned more in one day than Joanne earned last year for a week of work in the fruit stand ! And … Bo got to go drivey, visit people and dogs, go for a dip in Lake Osoyoos, we got to have a picnic lunch. We think this is a good gig !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment