Sunday, October 10, 2010

October 3 to 9, 2010

October 3 to 9, 2010


Monday ; Well, I now have an “endorsement 51” on my driver’s license, “qualifying” me to tow a large, heavy trailer ! Yeah … big deal !

While I went to Penticton with the trailer for my road test, Joanne spent a cold fall morning in the gazebo with Bo and Sully. I left at 7 AM and returned at 11 AM. Sully wasn’t happy ! And Joanne had to miss a day of work … and wages !

For the road test I had to work very hard to suppress the large chip on my shoulder. And I succeeded. But … what a condescending p***k the examiner was ! ! ! When we completed the road test, he advised me that I had passed, and qualified for an endorsement 51, then proceeded to give me his “evaluation”. Want to know what his “professional” criticisms were ? ? ?
  • I did not check that the truck had a front license plate !
  • I did not check that the truck had a rear license plate !
  • I did not check that the trailer had a license plate !
  • I did not check that the truck had a fuel cap !
Well, **** me ! ! ! ! !

Wednesday ; HMPH … whacked another pack rat overnight. EEEEEUUUUUWWWWW … not a “clean kill” !

This morning Joanne had a tour bus pull into her fruit stand. A tour bus with 51 “senior” Chinese tourists who wanted a “tour” of the orchards behind the fruit stand. Okay ! Then over the next hour they proceeded to buy over $3000 worth of fruit, mostly apples ! The bus driver is returning with another bus load on Monday. Joanne’s boss is going to arrange for a second cash register and additional staff for Monday !

Today I worked on bolting our safe into the closet floor. I’ve always been a bit bothered by the fact that our safe is not bolted into the floor. I’d hate to have some punk who breaks into the trailer just lift up our safe and walk away with it. So … problem solved !

Thursday ; HMPH … pack rat no. 3 !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment