Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 15 to 21, 2011

I did a lot of work this week on the development and launch of our new business, “Similkameen Day Tours”, especially a lot of work on the website. Take a look ! http://www.similkameendaytours.webs.com/

Monday ; We spent the day developing our first “day tour”, our “Nickel Plate Mountain” trip. We drove to Osoyoos to start, then did a “dry run” of the trip, documenting times and distances, to Nickel Plate Mountain, up and down the mountain, to a picnic spot beside the Ashnola River, then back to Osoyoos, then back home. A very long, tiring day, but that’s what one of our day trip outings will be !

Tuesday ; I had a complete physical examination today, then went to the health lab to give blood and urine, and have an ECG.

Wednesday ; Went to Penticton today to meet my new gastroenterologist. GEEEEZZZZZ … my ulcerative colitis is older than she is ! ! ! AND …
< sigh > … she wants me to have a colonoscopy annually ! And was already talking about prophylactic colectomy. WHOA ! ! !

This evening we received the news that Joanne’s Aunt Eliane died today. Eliane was the last of the very close trio of sisters comprised of Joanne’s mother, Aunt Belle, and Aunt Eliane, and therefore a pretty special “auntie” to Joanne and her sister Lorraine..

Friday ; I returned to the doctor today to have him deal with a problem discovered on Tuesday that he should have dealt with at that time, but didn’t. I was a bit angry about that. And I became a lot more angry when his new nurse / assistant placed me in a closed door examination room, and then forgot that I was in there … until I opened the door to throw a hissy fit after an hour ! It’s now late in the evening and I’m still in a bad mood !

Saturday ; Today we went to Vernon to attend a “celebration of life” memorial service for our Escapee friend Jim Kendall who died recently. It was interesting to learn that Jim was a child actor when he was about 10 years old, appearing in Overland Trail, a 1941 movie with Lon Chaney Jr., and he even had a “dinner date” with fellow child star Shirley Temple. Jim was an interesting and accomplished man. We will miss him, and offer our condolences to his widow Elfie.

Driving to Vernon and back on the same day was tiring.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment