Sunday, June 5, 2011

May 29 to June 4, 2011

Sunday : Another mostly crappy weather day. Although there was sunshine just long enough for me to get a photo of Joanne and I beside the truck. I posted the photo to the ABOUT US page of our Similkameen Day Tours website. And … that finally completes my building of the website. I’m very proud of myself. A few weeks ago I knew absolutely nothing about building a website, and now I have completed building one all by myself. With some constructive criticism from family members … thank you. Take another look ; http://www.similkameendaytours.webs.com/

Today Joanne gave me a haircut. Yes, yes … at my request. And it turned out okay for a first attempt. It’s the first time in 42 years that anyone other than a hairstyling professional has cut my hair. Since that butcher job my dad did when I was 14 years old, and I vowed no amateur was ever going to cut my hair again.

HUH ? ? ? I have just finished posting my journal for last week to my blog. And I discovered a function on blogspot.com that I never noticed before. It gives statistics regarding my blog. And I am stunned to discover … that apparently I have a regular following / audience in … wait for it … Slovenia ! ! ! WOW … I’m fascinated by that !

Hey ! All you people in Slovenia that are following my blog … click on “comments” and tell me who you are and why you’re following my blog. Want to come to Canada for a free day tour of the Similkameen ? HA HA HA HA HA !

Monday ; Congratulations to me for being a non-smoker for one year today !

Wednesday ; Another long day of running errands in Penticton. “Hired” a new insurance broker. Bought the “extension” insurance policy wanted / needed for the trailer. Quick, efficient, painless. Went back to the “fired” insurance broker to cancel a policy ( before it even starts ) and get a refund. Goodbye !

Friday ; This morning we went on a tour of Herder Winery & Vineyards wine making operations, arranged about a week ago when we were doing research on the Similkameen wineries for a wineries day tour.

This afternoon I visited Similkameen Insurance in Keremeos to amend our ICBC truck insurance policy. Similkameen Insurance will be our new ICBC insurance broker / agency. And I spent more time than I would have liked on the phone and by e-mail with Johnston Meier Insurance in Penticton getting our trailer insurance policy amended. Johnston Meier will be our new Aviva Elite ( trailer insurance ) broker / agency. I certainly am frustrated and angry at our previous insurance agency ! ! ! Insurance is worthless if filled with “errors & omissions” !

Well … there goes a four year old dream of mine ! Ever since moving here four summers ago I have dreamed of taking aerobatic flight training at Southern Skies Aviation in Penticton. I was hoping to begin this summer. Today Southern Skies Aviation announced that they were shutting down their operations effective immediately due to economic decline. < big sigh >

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment