Sunday, September 25, 2011

September 23 & 24, 2011

Friday ; Today was the first day of fall. And you would never know it by the warm temperature here. Summer was late to arrive, and obviously will be late to leave. Today was sunny and very warm. Giving Bo an opportunity to sit outside and ... uh-oh ...
UH-OH ... poor Bo-Bo ! He got stung by a wasp / hornet somewhere in or around his mouth ! ! ! The moral of that story, Bo, is ... don't snap at bugs flying around your face ! Unfortunately there really was nothing we could do to alleviate his discomfort !

Saturday ; Another hot day, temperature about 90 degrees. I love it ! I'm fairly certain this will be the last hot day of this year.

I have just returned to the trailer ( at 6 PM ), having stomped away from the potluck dinner at the clubhouse. I didn't tell Joanne I was leaving, so I'm probably going to be in trouble for that later. I'm livid at the lack of consideration exhibited by a neighbour, who knows that I am unable to digest pork, and doesn't tell me until it's being served that ... the entree at the "we supply the meat" potluck dinner is ... pork roast. As the organizer of the event, all she had to do was tell me a couple of hours beforehand and I would have happily brought some beef or chicken or something that I could eat ! ! ! My mood is so fouled by her inconsiderateness that I doubt that I could be a pleasant table mate, so ... I've come home !

This afternoon I helped Joanne with her gazebo staining project. We cleaned and reinstalled all the screens on the half of the gazebo that she has finished staining. And we removed and cleaned the screens on the half of the gazebo that is still to be stained.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment