Sunday, December 1, 2013

November 24 to 30, 2013

Sunday ; AHHHHH ... sunny and warm. HELLOOOOO Yuma !

We started this lovely day with a back yard Bo-gility session. HA HA HA ... very well done, Bo.
Up and down, on and off, our back yard concrete toadstools, patio chairs, back yard fence, walk along the top of the fence, jump onto the swamp cooler, and then onto the barbecue table ... HA HA HA !

I set up our ( not so ) portable solar panels and connected them to the trailer. I filled my bicycle tires with air, rode about ten feet, and ... BLAM ! HMPH ... the desert summer heat certainly does cause rubber products to deteriorate ! Blew the rear tube AND tire. And upon inspection ... the front tire is looking pretty "iffy".

We removed all of the Arizona room's snap on vinyl walls. AHHHHH ... lovely ! Bo went inside the Arizona room and ... "HEY ... my Kong" ! He spent a long time playing happily with his "lost" Kong. HA HA HA !

We went to the ice cream social, then returned to the trailer to watch Amazing Race and for me to cook ... wait for it ... pickerel cheeks, bought in Winnipeg when we were there in September. MMMMM ! ! ! We haven't had pickerel cheeks since before we moved from Winnipeg to Ottawa on January 1, 1988, so ... twenty-six years !

Monday ; Sunny and warm. That's why we're here !

This morning I drove all over Yuma, shopping for truck camper tie downs. I knew what brand
I want, I was just getting quotes. I also bought a bicycle tire and tube to replace yesterday's blow out. After a late lunch and a brief nap we took Bo for our daily walk around the seven acre dog park, where we were joined by his old friend Spanky, and a new friend Maddie. WOO-HOO ... a pack walk !

At dusk we headed for Wal-Mart on Pacific Avenue. Earlier in the afternoon we stopped at
Wal-Mart in The Foothills, but the parking lot was so full we decided to defer our Wal-Martin' until evening. After finishing at Wal-Mart we went to "EAT Asian Super Buffet" for supper. MMMMM ! Lots of great sushi !

 
Tuesday ; Sunny and warm. Just enough occasional thin cloud to slightly screw up Joanne's use of the Sun Oven today. She baked potatoes and baked a cake in the Sun Oven, but supper got cooked indoors.

I ordered the TorkLift camper tie downs for the truck today. I replaced the blown bicycle tube and tire. My bicycle is functional again. I did some cactus garden cleanup and pruning. OUCH ! My cactus gardens are looking very good ! I did lots of chatting with neighbours. We did a "twice around the dog park" pack walk with a pack of five dogs.

Wednesday ; Sunny, mild, windy.

Joanne went shopping by herself today. I stayed at home and puttered with chores and gardening. Late in the afternoon we went to the regular Wednesday "heavy appetizer" potluck social. Spent quite awhile chatting with full time RV'ing "newbies" from Connecticut about getting dental work done in Mexico. In the evening we watched Survivor.

Thursday ; American Thanksgiving


Today we fondly remember Toby, our first cat, who died nine years ago on this date while we were WorkCamping at YMCA Of The Ozarks Trout Lodge in Missouri. My goodness, it doesn't seem that long ago !

Today was sunny and warm. I used the Sun Oven for the first time this season ( Joanne used it a few days ago ) preparing Sun Oven dried, maple syrup glazed, candied salmon. MMMMM !
I continued gardening work, cleaning up in the desert / dog park behind our back yard fence.
I have a cactus garden in the dog park behind our rear fence, stretching across the fifty foot width of our lot. I cleaned out all the desert grass growing back there, about a twenty foot wide swath across our fifty foot lot. A thousand square feet of hoeing and raking. Much more work than
I thought it was going to be ! After a bit of work I took off my shirt. A bit more work and I changed shoes and socks for sandals. A bit more work and the jeans were changed for shorts.

Late this afternoon ( too early for dinner for me ! ) we attended communal Thanksgiving Dinner in the clubhouse. Good food, good company. Afterwards we headed out for our second annual Black Friday shopping trip ... on Thanksgiving evening. For the second year in a row, Black Friday shopping started at 6 PM on Thanksgiving evening.

WOW ... Wal-Mart learned a lot from last year's Thanksgiving evening fiasco ! They staggered their specials this evening, some at 6 PM, some at 8 PM. We walked in the door at 8 PM for three of the 8 PM specials. We had a printer ( $29 ) and TV ( $75 ) by 8:05 PM ! Joanne headed to the cash registers and I went looking for the third item, an HDMI cable. By the time I found it and returned to the cash registers at 8:15 PM Joanne had finished paying and was waiting for me.
I paid for the cable, we were checked by Security as we approached the exit doors, we were in the truck and pulling out of the parking lot by 8:25 PM ! ! !

We went to CVS Pharmacy, and Walgreens ... then another Walgreens, for a few small items. We were home before 10 PM. Bought a $5.99 package of batteries on sale for $4.99 plus 37¢ taxes, used a $4.99 coupon, and paid ... 37¢ ! ! !

Friday ; Sunny and very warm. AHHHHH !

 I just discovered ... via Twitter ... that Keremeos, B.C. is experiencing freezing rain. AWWWWW ... how sad ... < snicker >.

Today we went out for much more Black Friday shopping. Bought lots, spent lots. Trying to blend into the American culture by engaging in rampant consumerism. HA HA HA !

Had smoked Lake Winnipeg Goldeye for supper tonight. < frowning > It wasn't very good after being frozen for a couple of months.

Saturday ; Sunny and warm.

This morning we headed out to Yuma Fairgrounds to see a dog show. We sat and watched for half an hour or so. We've never been big fans of dog shows. Or dog show people. Way too serious ! And ... apparently unaware ... or uncaring ... of how devoid of fun a dog show is for the dogs. Geeeez, people ... they're dogs. Take them outside and play with them ! ! !

We ran errands. Banking. Grocery shopping. Thrift store shopping. Flea market shopping.

Back at home we went on the daily pack walk around the dog park. We visited with Carol Mae, planning next Thursday's Humane Society Tour and fund raising luncheon. We planned our trip to go pick up our new ( to us ) truck camper. The seller phoned today to discuss a delivery option. He must bring his wife to a medical appointment halfway to Yuma from where they live near San Jose. So ... Joanne and I will pick up the camper in a week near Temecula, California.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment