Sunday, March 23, 2014

March 16 to 22, 2014



Sunday ; Sunny and hot.

This morning we did some routine maintenance then loaded the fifth wheel hitch head into the bed of the truck. After lunch we headed out towards The Foothills to drop the hitch head off at neighbours of ours from back home at Riverside RV Park Resort. Paul and Kolly will haul our fifth wheel hitch head back home to Keremeos for us. Thank you !

After visiting briefly with Paul and Kolly we continued east towards The Foothills where we ran some shopping errands at Wally's World and O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Before we left home Joanne put a beef stew to cook in the Sun Oven. By the time we returned home, it was done. We had an early supper then attended the regular Sunday evening ice cream social before watching Amazing Race.

Monday ; St. Patrick's Day


Sunny and hot. This morning when I was watering my cactus gardens, little lizards came running from all directions. WATER ! ! ! HA HA HA ! As the weather gets hotter and hotter I guess the poor little guys have to get their water whenever and wherever they can.

This afternoon we puttered around with some routine spring maintenance chores on the trailer. I cleaned the battery terminals. I removed the floor registers and Joanne vacuumed in the ducts. I washed and de-waxed / de-oxidized above the awning line of the trailer.

We went to the park's St. Patrick's Day corned beef and cabbage dinner. It was okay. Certainly not as nice as when Joanne cooks corned beef. And ... < shrug > ... with the colitis flare-up I've been experiencing for the last week or so, I certainly couldn't eat any cabbage.

In the evening we watched MasterChef Canada. Yes, yes, we Canadians certainly are a "kinder, gentler" nation, n'est-ce pas ? But really ... Nanaimo Bar perogies ? ! ? HA HA HA ! Hey, Sharon ... can you spell "pout-rogie" ? HA HA HA < SNORT > HA HA !

Sorry ... inside family joke !

Tuesday ; Windy ! Dusty ! Warm !

Too windy to do the outdoor chores I had planned for this morning, so I had a bit of a lazy morning. After lunch we went over to our friend Carol Mae's to watch the final episode of last season's Amazing Race which she recorded for us. Thank you Carol Mae. Afterwards we went to the Humane Society for our regular Tuesday afternoon shift of cat cuddling and dog walking.

Today I walked a deaf pit bull. She had a page of doggie sign language attached to her cage door. Who knew ? It was interesting to communicate with a dog in a new way.

After a bit more than two hours of walking dogs I was tired. I went to the cat room to wait for Joanne to finish. She asked for my help to finish up. I was opening cupboards looking for something she asked me to get for her when ... HEY ! All of a sudden, the cat who had been missing since early this morning showed up. HA HA HA ! I guess Meow ( the cat's name ) hid in a cupboard when her cage was being cleaned this morning and spent the entire day hiding in there.

When we got home, I gave Sully his daily blood pressure medication. As sometimes happens when I give it to him on an empty stomach ... he vomited a few minutes later. Then stepped in it ! Oh, Sully ! I had to give him a foot bath. Which resulted in a lot more than just his feet getting wet. Poor Sully !

Wednesday ; Sunny and hot.

This morning I repaired a chip in the truck's windshield. By myself ! Using a windshield chip repair kit I recently bought. And I'm going to buy another one of those windshield chip repair kits to have on hand just in case. They cost twelve dollars. I bought the first one using a five dollars off coupon. And I have another coupon ! The results are as good as ... or better ... that the forty dollar windshield chip repairs I've had done at auto glass shops. My repair today is as good as the repair I had done near Tucson a year ago, and better than the one I had done in Cawston, B.C. about five or six years ago. As a matter of fact, I had a bit of resin left over after finishing today's repair, and I used it to "touch up" the old repair done in Cawston, making it even better than it was.

Late this afternoon Joanne and I "hosted" the Wednesday afternoon "heavy appetizers" / hors d'oeuvres potluck Happy Hour. Small crowd ! The northward migration has begun. Afterwards, during the remaining hour of daylight, we finished the waxing of the upper part of the trailer on the curb side. It has already become too hot to do much outdoor work here between noon and 6 PM.

Thursday ; Cloudy in the morning, sunny in the afternoon, very warm.

This morning we did some annual maintenance chores on the trailer. After lunch Joanne went to run some shopping errands. I disassembled and rebuilt our old Sun Oven using some repair parts I ordered. In the evening we went to another one of the Thursday evening free jazz concerts at Yuma Palms Shopping Center. After the concert we went to PetsMart to buy some dog food, then Famous Footwear to buy me some Birkenstock sandals. YIPPPEEE ! ! ! Afterwards we went for a very late supper to Golden Corral, another buffet restaurant we like to visit once per year.

Friday ; Sunny and hot. I cooked potatoes and eggs in the Sun Oven. Joanne used them to make potato salad for supper tonight.

This morning we went shopping to Arizona MarketPlace, the local, large flea market and browsed through the entire market, buying a few items. This afternoon I finished rebuilding / reassembling our old Sun Oven. Joanne did laundry. I did some minor home improvement projects on Elsie the truck camper. I chatted with neighbours who received their new Sun Oven today, deciding to buy it as a result of my recent Sun Oven demonstrations. That makes two neighbours who bought Sun Ovens as a result of my recent cooking demonstrations. In the evening I worked on bill paying and finances.

Saturday ; Sunny and hot.

This morning we went to a potluck brunch in the clubhouse. MMMMM ... good !

This afternoon Joanne went thrift store shopping. Mercifully ... by herself ! HA HA HA !
I worked on maintenance and spring cleaning chores. AND ... my semi-annual exercise of taking inventory of medications and figuring out what medications I need to buy in Mexico before we leave here. That sounds like an easy chore, but ... it's not. How much meds do we have here right now ? How much is left back home in B.C.? How much should go to the truck camper to travel back home with us ? How much should stay here in Yuma ? How OCD am I really ? ! ? HA HA HA !

In the evening I again worked on bill paying and finances.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment