Sunday, January 22, 2017

January 15 to 21, 2017

Sunday ;  Sunny and mild.

Late this morning we headed out to Yuma Swap Meet Los Perros ( Spanish for "The Dogs" ) a.k.a. Dog Track Flea Market, the "Mexican" flea market in town.  I bought some automotive fuses and trailer hitch hardware.  Joanne bought some makeup items.  We bought some produce.  I saw a two year old child playing with a toy that amused me.  I bought one to give as a gift to Laszlo's and Gail's two year old granddaughter who will be here later this week to visit them.

After the flea market we went to Subway for lunch, then PetsMart for dog food, then Harbor Freight for "guy stuff".  Gee, I love shopping at Harbor Freight.  Gee, Joanne hates shopping at Harbor Freight.  HA HA HA !

After returning home I napped briefly before tackling some household chores.  Joanne had a phone chat with her sister.  We had barbecued Chinook Salmon for supper.  MMMMM ... it was good !  I bought the salmon at a fish processing plant in the northern Haida Gwaii community of Massett last summer.  Still have one more piece of Chinook Salmon and one more piece of Coho Salmon.

Watched Downton Abbey while having supper, then worked online.  Posted my weekly journal to my blog.  Downloaded some income tax processing software.  Downloaded a bank statement and our satellite dish TV service bill.

Monday ;  Mix of sun and cloud, mild.

This afternoon while Joanne was out doing grocery shopping I installed a new city water inlet on the trailer.  Twice !  I realized as soon as I was finished installing it that I had made a mistake.  I had to remove it and reinstall it correctly ... < sigh >.  I transplanted a Prickly Pear Cactus behind our rear fence in the dog park.

We cleaned and treated Emma's ears.  She is coming along extremely well.  Her flesh is rehydrated and she no longer feels quite so scrawny.  She is eating well and frequently asks to be fed.  She is not particularly demonstrative but asks occasionally for a few minutes of affection.

For supper I barbecued a thick, marinated steak, and baked potatoes, served with a topping of Crema CentroAmericana.  Guacamole and tortilla chips as appetizer.  Fresh green beans and sautéed Portobello mushrooms as side dishes.  Iced éclairs for dessert.  Home run !

Tuesday ;  HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY TO JOANNE'S NIECE MADELEINE

Sunny and mild.  Joanne cooked Picadillo in the Sun Oven today.  First time we've had this recipe / meal known as Picadillo.  < whispering >  Hope it's the last.

This morning I sent an electronic Happy Birthday card to Madeleine.  THEN ...
< sigh > ... while trying to view an "I love you ... you're so sexy / hot" electronic card to consider whether it's the right card to send to Joanne on her upcoming birthday ...
< sigh > ... I inadvertently sent it to Madeleine.  < huge sigh >

This afternoon, after an early lunch, we went to the Habitat For Humanity Re-Store to shop for some home improvement supplies.  Then we dropped off a load of recycling on our way to the Humane Society for our regular Tuesday afternoon shift of dog walking and cat cuddling.  Joanne had a particularly productive shift, convincing the "rescue" group to remove an old cat out of the adoption wing and send her to a cat rescue organization, and then ... she facilitated two adoptions.  Well done, my dear.

This evening I put a harness on Emma.  She was NOT pleased !  Her reaction suggests that she has never worn a harness.  And she obviously feels that at her advanced age she shouldn't be required to begin wearing one now.

Wednesday ;  Sunny and warm.  Joanne cooked a chili dish in the Sun Oven today.

Early this afternoon I took Obie to America's Transmission for an automatic transmission service ; change the automatic transmission fluid, filter, and pan gasket.  When that was done I went to Lowe's to buy some "home improvement" project materials.  I arrived back at home just in time to go for a two lap walk around the dog park with Joanne and Bo, then bicycling at dusk.  While Joanne did laundry this evening I reorganized my "TO DO" project list.

Thursday ;  Mix of sun and cloud, windy, mild.

This morning I did a bit of work on Obie.  After lunch Joanne went grocery shopping by herself.  That was a great opportunity for me to nap with Bo and Emma.  Emma got a head start.  HA HA HA !  She's doing extremely well.  More of her personality is showing through as she becomes more comfortable living with us.

Late this afternoon I discovered that the new city water inlet that I recently installed on the fifth wheel trailer is leaking ... inside the wall.  I pulled the assembly out of the wall, leaving it connected, and dripping outside the wall.  I need to buy some additional parts to solve the problem.

Friday ;  Cloudy, cold, very windy ... an unpleasant weather day.

My work plans for the day had to be changed.  I did not feel like doing any outdoor work on such a cold and windy day.  So ... I puttered around throughout the day with indoor chores and projects.  And I napped with Bo and Emma.

We met Laszlo's and Gail's daughter and granddaughter today.  They are here to visit for a few days.  Last Sunday at the Dog Track Flea Market I bought a gift for their two year old granddaughter ; a "bubble gun".  It's a dog shaped "gun".  When the "trigger" is squeezed it "barks" and blows bubbles out of its mouth.  HA HA HA !  It's great !  It was a big hit with two year old Rowan.

Saturday ;  Sunny, windy, mild.

I spent too much time working on a plumbing leak that has plagued me recently.  And after a lot of time and effort, I failed to resolve the problem.  < sigh >

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment