Sunday, September 17, 2017

September 10 to 16, 2017

Sunday ;  Sunny and warm, very nice early fall weather.

This morning I did some housecleaning, not usually my responsibility, but ... I was fed up with all the little bugs that had died around the lamps in the living room and bedroom.  Dead bugs all over my desk, the coffee table and end table in the living room, and our bedside tables.  YUCK !

I chopped more firewood.  Our American friends left us some firewood last week before they crossed back into the United States.  But ... it was large pieces, not chopped / split.  I prefer to chop / split firewood in advance of going camping, if possible.  I posted my weekly blog entry.  I did some budget planning.  I did some investment analysis.

Late in the afternoon I went fishing for an hour and a half.  Caught four Rainbow Trout and two Rocky Mountain Whitefish, one very large ... for a river Whitefish.  I kept three of the Rainbows.  Finally ... now that the river water has cooled down the Rainbow Trout have come up from wherever they had been hiding while the river water had been warm.

Monday ;
  Sunny and warm, smoke creeping back in late in the afternoon.

This morning I made some phone calls, then went outside to clean up the fishing mess
I created and left last night.  By the time I had finished cleaning the Rainbow Trout I had caught yesterday, it was dark.  I left a mess on and around our picnic table, including a pail of water containing fish heads and guts.

I finished chopping and storing firewood.  I had some left over large "rounds" of firewood that were proving too difficult for me to split, so I hauled them to our park's burn pile and discarded them.  Joanne was unhappy about the debris I left in the minivan's rear storage area.  Sorry !

I watered plants and gardens and composters.  I sharpened knives.  I cooked Rainbow Trout for supper.  Joanne made tomato salsa and risotto as side dishes. Nice meal !  Young ( fairly small ) Rainbow Trout, caught less than twenty-four hours ago ... MMMMM ... very tasty !

Similkameen Trailer Towing got hired today to transport a fifth wheel trailer from Maple Ridge ( Vancouver area ) to Kamloops next Monday.

Tuesday ;  Sunny and warm, thick smoke with falling ash rolling in around supper time.

This morning I drove into town for some medical tests.  First stop was at Autumn Rain Hair Design to get an appointment for a haircut and beard trim later in the week.  Then to Similkameen Pharmacy to pick up some prescription refills.  Last stop, and the primary reason for the trip into town, was the South Similkameen Health Centre a.k.a. Keremeos Diagnostic & Treatment Centre.  First stop in there was the X-Ray department for a chest x-ray, then the lab to have blood tests and an electrocardiogram done.  All of these tests / procedures are in preparation for an upcoming angiogram.

On the way back into Riverside RV Park Resort I chatted briefly with neighbours / friends Kolly and Paul.  Paul has lung cancer, and ... is not doing well.  Back at home, after lunch, I cleaned and examined Bo's ears and Emma's ears, then did regular weekly dental care / teeth brushing on Bo.  Joanne vacuumed the interior of the truck and the minivan, including the mess I made yesterday in the rear of the minivan with unwanted firewood I was taking to the burn pile.  I removed all the blinds from the camper.  They need cleaning / washing.  Joanne and I cleaned / washed the kitchen blind, the one that was most in need of cleaning.  One down, four to go !

After supper we watched the season finale of Amazing Race.  I updated my prescription records keeping and medical expense accounting.

Wednesday ;  Sunny and mild, chilly in the evening.  Summer seems over, and fall seems to be here.

Joanne went to Penticton this morning for a day of running errands by herself.  I phoned Medipac, our travel medical insurer, to advise them that I will be having an angiogram.  I dismantled our yard swing.  It has reached the end of its life.  I will haul the dismantled components to the local dump this weekend.  I reinstalled the camper window blind that we cleaned yesterday.  I removed the soaker hose from our vegetable and tomato gardens.  It too has reached the end of its useful life.

I chatted briefly with Marcie.  Gord was moved from the hospice in Penticton to the hospice in Keremeos today.  I hugged her while she cried.  < sigh >

I reviewed the stress test echocardiogram report that my cardiologist posted yesterday to "My Health Portal", the personalized BC medical records website.  It was difficult to interpret, but it helped me to understand that "angina" is the symptom, and "ischemia" is the cause.

I did some trip planning using Google Maps.  I renewed my annual lottery subscription.  I made two phone calls to the client whose trailer we are supposed to transport on Monday, but was unable to contact him.  I reviewed our RV park's recent board meeting minutes.  HA HA HA !  < snicker > ... Sorry ... perhaps that wasn't called for.

Thursday ;
  Sunny and cool in the morning, warm in the afternoon.

The "client" who hired me on Monday to transport a trailer next Monday has ignored my e-mails and telephone calls for the last three days so ... I shall consider the job cancelled.  Isn't it a lot of fun to deal with flakes and a**h***s ? ? ? ! ! !

We went into town this morning.  While I got a haircut and beard trim, Joanne went to fill our five gallon water jug and buy some produce.  After my haircut and beard trim I went to Similkameen Pharmacy and picked up some paperwork.  Then we went to Orchard Haven, the local seniors' care facility to visit Gord who is in a palliative care bed there.  Marcie was there with Ozzie.  I'm glad Gord was able to have an opportunity to say goodbye to Ozzie.  We visited briefly, then we said our goodbyes.  Our last goodbye,
I suspect.  Back at home we had lunch, I napped briefly, then we worked on reinstalling the cleaned window blinds in the camper.  We cleaned and treated Ozzie's ears.

This afternoon I went fly fishing.  Set a new personal best.  My limit of ( four ) Rainbow Trout caught in twenty-four minutes on the Similkameen River, beating my previous record by seven minutes.  I fished for a total of an hour and a half, catching eight fish ; seven Rainbow Trout and one Whitefish.  Another hot afternoon on the Similkameen !

Now ... the surprising thing is ... the previous paragraph was "cut and pasted" from my journal for the same date last year, with changes only to numbers.  HMPH !  Will have to mark "GO FISHING" on September 14, 2018 on my calendar !

Friday ;  Sunny and warm.

This morning I cleaned and did some maintenance on my fly fishing gear.  This afternoon we gave Bo a bath.  And we had visitors.  Robbie and Christine, former neighbours, now living on Vancouver Island, came over to visit briefly with us in our gazebo.  They were here to visit Gord ... for the last time.

We continued cleaning the window blinds from the camper.  We finished cleaning the last one, and after letting it dry, we remounted it in the camper.  So ... that project is finished.  We removed the evaporative "swamp" cooler from our bedroom, took it outside, and drained it.  Then ... we filled its spot in the bedroom with an oil filled space heater.  HEY ... summer is over ... cool fall weather is coming !

MMMMM ... fresh Rainbow Trout fillets, coated in Parmesan cheese, then baked !

Saturday ;  Sunny, but hazy with smoke.  Again !  Causing me some angina distress !

I did some minor maintenance on the truck.  I exercised our little generator.  Joanne did a thorough cleaning of the kitchen.  I helped by moving the fridge in and out of its space.  And in and out.  And in and out.  < sigh >

I spent time on the computer.  I paid some bills.  I reconciled some monthly investment statements.  I reconciled some monthly bank statements.  I activated some new credit cards.  I updated some financial records.  We went for a long walk around the RV park with Bo.  Which is when I had difficulty breathing, and experienced angina discomfort.

< cough cough >

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment