Sunday, October 7, 2018

September 30 to October 6, 2018 ; home to Lower Mainland / Vancouver area and return

Sunday ;  home to Princeton to Chilliwack to Abbotsford

Cloudy, chilly, raining lightly at home, raining steadily as I drove, cold in the evening at the rest area near Abbotsford.

This morning I did household chores, completed packing and preparing for travel, and left home at 12:20 PM heading west on Crowsnest Hwy. 3.  I stopped in Princeton to buy some groceries.  I stopped at a rest area near Hope to take a nap.  Ozzie and
I were cold and tired.  From Hope I continued westbound on Trans-Canada Hwy. 1. 
I stopped at Canadian Tire in Chilliwack to buy a couple of items I need to do a project on the camper next week.  I arrived at the Mile Marker 99 rest area near Abbotsford at 6:15 PM.  It was completely dark within an hour of arrival.

I got set up in a pull through RV site ... with 120V AC power ... fed and walked Ozzie, and did some online work until it was time to make supper.  After having supper at 8 PM, I washed dishes, walked Ozzie again, and continued working on the computer until going to bed early.

Monday ;  Abbotsford to Surrey to Chilliwack to home

Heavy rain all day, until near home.

Woke at 7 AM with departure from rest area planned for 8 AM and pick up of Joanne at Abbotsford Airport at 8:30 AM.  Joanne awoke in Winnipeg at 3 AM BC time for 5 AM BC time departure from Winnipeg Airport.  Her flight arrived in Abbotsford fifteen minutes late, at 8:15 AM.  I arrived to pick her up about ten minutes late, at 8:40 AM.

We were both eagerly anticipating Ozzie's "big hello" for Joanne's return.  Very surprisingly to both of us ... there was no "big hello".  Ozzie seemed ... pissed off at Joanne.  Maybe that's understandable, given that he has been abandoned firstly by Gord upon his death, then Marcie when she left to go live with her son in the Lower Mainland, and now, for the third time, by his "new mommy" Joanne.

From Abbotsford Airport we returned to Trans-Canada Hwy. 1, and drove a short distance west to the rest area at Mile Marker 77 Westbound.  We had breakfast and chatted for awhile before continuing west on TCH 1, then south on Hwy. 15 to Royal City Bedding in Surrey where we ordered a custom fabricated foam and latex mattress for the camper.  We ordered a custom fabricated mattress very similar to the one we had custom fabricated in Parksville on Vancouver Island about thirteen years ago for Harvey the fifth wheel trailer.  We've always LOOOOOVED that mattress in the fifth wheel.

After ordering the mattress we returned to TCH 1 and headed back east, to Chilliwack.  We shopped for advertised grocery specials at Superstore, then refilled with diesel at Petro-Canada.  By the time we left Chilliwack at 2:30 PM I was already really sick and tired of the cold, heavy rain.  We continued east on TCH 1 to Hope, then east on Crowsnest Hwy. 3, through Manning Provincial Park to Princeton.  Through Manning the rain began to diminish, as expected.  By the time we reached Princeton, the rain had just about stopped, as expected.  By the time we reached home at 5:40 PM ... no more rain ... as expected.  That's one of the main reasons why we live here !

After supper, Joanne ( and Ozzie ) went to bed very early, around 9 PM.

Maybe Ozzie’s pissed off at her for leaving for ten days, but ... I missed her and I’m very glad that she’s home.

Tuesday ;  Cloudy, windy, very cold.

This morning as soon as I went outside I noticed ... < sigh > ... the truck had a flat tire.  Oh, well ... better to have a flat tire on the driveway than while on the highway in pouring rain.  When I went to check out the possible cause, I discovered that one of the 135 degree valve adaptors had broken ... < sigh >.  So ... my "new" method of dually tire valve extenders is resulting in as many problems ... or more ... than my "old" method of dually tire valve extenders.

I removed the broken valve adaptor, installed a new one ... good thing I had just received the four spares that I had ordered ... and ... the new one broke as I installed it.  < very deep sigh >  Cheap junk made in Hong Kong !  When we get to Yuma, Arizona in November I will order American made ones that cost about four times more.

While walking Ozzie this morning we discovered ... WOO-HOO ... Shaggy Mane Mushrooms.  They grow here about one week a year.  We harvested a dog poop pickup bag full ... HA HA HA ... and Joanne prepared them as part of supper.  Which was stuffed Portobello Mushroom caps.  SO ... supper was stuffed mushrooms with a side dish of mushrooms !  HA HA HA !  And fresh green beans from our garden.

Wednesday ;  Sunny and cold.

Today I very sadly recall the death of Bo one year ago.

And we spent the better part of today angry and/or hurt and/or squabbling and/or sniping.

Late in the afternoon we went to the swimming pool and did cardiac rehab aquatic exercises.  While eating supper we watched Survivor and then Chicago Med.

Thursday ;  Penticton

Sunny and cold.

Spent the day in Penticton, running errands, including getting a haircut and beard trim at the cosmetology school.  Second and probably last time I will go there.  Cost is a teensy bit cheaper than going to my regular stylist in Keremeos, but ... takes more than twice as long, and ... both times I was there the young women / students who cut my hair and beard were ... pleasant, but ... such bimbos !

Friday ;  Sunny and cold.

It's time to start our fall pre-departure preparations.  We're leaving for the winter in about four weeks.

This afternoon we went to the swimming pool and did a cardiac rehab exercise session. 

This evening I binge watched The Discovery Channel, which is available on a free preview basis this month.  WOO-HOO ... Highway Thru Hell !  It certainly is ... we spent a lot of time on that highway this year !

Saturday ; 
Sunny and mild.

We have both been eagerly awaiting this nice weather day this week, to get some outdoor work done.  I recaulked a section of the camper, removing old, dried, cracked caulking, and applying new silicone caulking.  Joanne worked on our front yard rock slope, cutting out and cleaning out perennial and annual plants and flowers.  Our neighbour / friend Jeanine came over for a visit late in the afternoon.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment