Sunday, April 7, 2019

March 31 to April 6

Sunday ; Sunny, warm, windy.

This morning I worked on reconciling our March billing for electricity and propane, then paid the bill at the office. After lunch Joanne went out by herself to run errands. I napped with the animals. HA HA HA ! Later in the afternoon we worked on annual spring cleaning chores in the trailer. In the evening we watched the Canadian Screen Awards. I posted my weekly blog entry, and retrieved month end banking and investment statements.

Monday ; Sunny, warm, windy. Again !

This morning after watering our plants and gardens I continued working on annual trailer maintenance and spring cleaning. In the afternoon I worked on month end banking statement reconciliations and investment file updates. While having supper we watched another episode of … WOO-HOO … Love After Lockup. HA HA HA ! Gee, the world is full of stupid people, n’est-ce pas ?

Tuesday ; Sunny and warm during the day, chilly and windy in the evening.

Joanne went out grocery and thrift store shopping this afternoon. I continued working on annual trailer maintenance chores, as part of our preparations for departure in about a week and a half. In the evening I worked on budgeting.

Wednesday ; Sunny and very warm. Joanne baked cinnamon buns in the Sun Oven today.

This morning I took care of routine household chores. After lunch we headed to the Humane Society for our regular weekly volunteer shift of dog walking and cat cuddling. I walked half a dozen large, unruly dogs, then went to the cat wing to “rest”. HMPH ! Promptly got bit by a cat. ****ing cats ! Joanne and I were trimming the claws of an extremely obese old cat named Big Boy. He objected to having his nails trimmed. Gee, my hand bled for a long time. HA HA HA !

We returned home to discover that Ozzie had eaten a Graham cracker crumb pie crust Joanne had left on the dinette table. < sigh > What a bad dog ! Joanne helped me do more annual trailer maintenance. Then she made supper and did laundry. We ate supper while watching Survivor.

Thursday ; Sunny and warm, a bit windy late in the afternoon. Joanne baked chocolate bread pudding in the Sun Oven today.

This morning and afternoon I had an ongoing conversation by e-mail with the seniors’ housing condominium development just outside of Winnipeg that we expect will be our next home … in a couple of years. We’re excited about that !

I did some routine household chores, and a bit of preparations for departure in nine days. Winter is over, it’s almost time for the northward migration. Late in the afternoon I began working on our income tax returns. I plan to do a teensy bit of work on them daily until we leave, so that when we return home the income tax returns will be mostly completed.

Friday ; Sunny and very warm.

This afternoon we installed the vinyl “walls” on the “long” side of the Arizona room. Much easier said than done. That’s an annual chore that I have always hated. I ordered a new K & N air filter for the truck. To be picked up in The Dalles, Oregon. No sales tax ! I worked on income taxes, getting as much completed as was possible with the tax information slips that I have received so far. The rest will have to wait until we’re back home in BC.

Today I “blew off” the second trailer towing quote request I received this week. Both jobs need to be done this month, before we’re back home. < shrug > At supper time we went next door to help our neighbour with a trailer maintenance problem. Which I was not able to solve. < shrug >

After supper we had a movie date. Cut short because … the movie was terrible. 
I decided to terminate the date halfway through the movie. We gave itchy Ozzie a bath. He seems to be suffering spring time allergies.



Saturday ; Sunny and hot.

This morning I drove out to the Foothills, to buy an eavestrough drop flange connector at Westerner Products. When I returned home I installed it on the Arizona room, and reinstalled the eavestrough downspout.

This afternoon we both worked on departure preparations, cleaning and storing outdoor furniture, and covering all the furniture in the Arizona room. I removed the trailer’s solar panels and stored them. I back flushed the trailer’s two grey waste tanks, one for the kitchen sink, and one for the bathroom sink and shower. I took an empty propane tank to be refilled, then reinstalled it in the trailer’s propane tank compartment.

Early in the evening we drove to the Pacific Avenue food stand area to have supper at JoJo & Flor’s Filipino Culture Food Stand. MMMMM ! We started with a couple of lumpias, then shared a baked chicken and pancit platter. We ordered a Halo-Halo ( Filipino ice cream and shaved ice and fruit dessert ) to take home. We had our Halo-Halo then watched Saturday Night Live.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment