Sunday, June 2, 2019

May 26 to June 1

Sunday ; Mix of sun and clouds, mild.

This morning I helped our new next door neighbour with some trailer issues. This afternoon I did some routine preventive maintenance in the camper. I did some paperwork to assign our voting proxy for the upcoming “special general meeting” to our neighbour / friend Jeanine. I updated our medical records. I posted my weekly journal to my blog. Twice we went for long, leisurely walks with Ozzie.

Monday ; Sunny and warm. Joanne cooked Beef Stroganoff in the Sun Oven today.

At Joanne’s request I made pancakes for brunch. This morning I watered our composters, plants and gardens. This afternoon I calculated our 2020 Pharmacare deductible and co-pay amounts, based on last year’s income. 
I reviewed and purged the contents of the tool bag in the truck, which has become too full and too heavy. That was the first of quite a few “review and purge” jobs I need to do soon. I returned a book to the library in our community’s clubhouse a.k.a.“the lodge”. We took Ozzie to the dog park. Our maintenance man had just finished mowing the grass in the dog park, so I loaded up a pail with grass cuttings and dumped it into our composter.

Around ( everybody else’s ) supper time we went to the swimming pool to do a cardiac exercise session. The Sun Oven cooked Beef Stroganoff was excellent ! In the evening I did monthly computer maintenance and backup procedures. 
I received a second phone call from a potential trailer towing client. He wants me to be available to transport a trailer this weekend, but can’t / won’t make a commitment until the very last minute. Sorry, pal … without your immediate commitment … I’m not available !

Tuesday ; Sunny and hot. Joanne cooked tonight’s supper entrée ( Hungarian Baked Chicken ) and dessert ( Apple Brown Betty ) in the Sun Oven today.

At lunch time I drove the truck into town to have the check engine light problem diagnosed. It was a minor issue, likely caused by some maintenance I had recently done on the truck. I had the mechanic clear the code, and I returned home. If it occurs again, I will know what the problem is, why it occurred, and how to solve it.

This afternoon I ( slowly ) worked on the second of my “review and purge” projects, cleaning out the storage space underneath the camper’s dinette table base. After supper instead of doing the work at my desk I had planned to do we got sidetracked and watched the lengthy movie “Blow”.

Wednesday ; Sunny and hot.

This morning we reinstalled the camper onto the truck. Then loaded firewood and fishing gear into it, and refilled the freshwater tank. Almost ready for Sunday departure !

This afternoon the purchasers of my old camper turnbuckles showed up. They were on their way from their home on Vancouver Island to their daughter’s home in Nelson. While Joanne visited in our gazebo with the woman I installed the turnbuckles onto their truck camper with the man. Then all four of us visited for awhile in the gazebo. They are an interesting couple around our age, commercial salmon fishers who wish to retire soon. They have a commercial fishing boat and commercial fishing licenses / quotas to sell.

After “The Last Supper” ( before my colonoscopy on Friday ) I worked on filling out Guaranteed Income Supplement application forms for Joanne, for July 2018 to June 2019, and July 2019 to June 2020. In my opinion they are far more complicated than they should be, given that all the information required on the forms is already filed with our income tax returns. And I am submitting the July 2018 to June 2019 application AGAIN after filing it last fall. She received no confirmation of receipt of the application, no benefits, or explanation of denial or ineligibility of benefits … nothing ! Almost as if the forms I submitted last fall “evaporated” !

Thursday ; Nine years as a non-smoker

Sunny and warm. Probably … I didn’t spend much time outdoors today.

I was sick today … starting in the middle of the night. Gastrointestinal lavage ! Preparation for colonoscopy tomorrow. Difficult to endure !

Friday ; Penticton

Sunny and warm.

We left home this morning at 11:15 AM heading for Penticton, in the minivan, Joanne driving. I wanted to run a couple of simple errands before reporting to the hospital at 1 PM for my 2 PM colonoscopy. In Penticton I retrieved my Similkameen Trailer Towing business cards from an RV dealer’s business card rack, we refilled the minivan with fuel, and withdrew cash from the BMO ATM at Safeway before Joanne dropped me off at the hospital.

I arrived at the hospital around 12:40 PM. I was at the endoscopy preparation / recovery ward by 1 PM. I was wheeled out of there on a gurney about half an hour late, at 2:30 PM, to the colonoscopy procedure room. I was back in the recovery room around 3 PM, and slept until about 3:45 PM. I got dressed and Joanne picked me up at 4 PM.

Two years ago, a few hours following my last colonoscopy, I was very ill recovering at home. I think I had a “bad reaction” to the sedation “cocktail” of Fentanyl and Versed. Today I woke after the procedure feeling fairly okay, not at all sick, as has always been the case. And for the rest of the afternoon and evening I remained feeling fairly okay, much better than I always have been following a colonoscopy.

After picking me up at the hospital Joanne drove us to Skaha Lake Park for a very late, very light, picnic lunch, my first food in 46 hours. We arrived home at 
6 PM. I slept for a couple of hours, then helped cook supper. Usually I spend the evening after a colonoscopy feeling quite ill. Today was a pleasant change !

Saturday ; Sunny and hot.

Well … three and a half hours in the hospital … long enough to acquire some manner of respiratory infection ! ! !  I have a headache and very sore throat. Can one get a respiratory infection from an oxygen canula ? The wing of the hospital that I was in is brand new … a new wing opened just a few weeks ago. Could there already be infectious germs lurking in the corners ? ! ?

I started my day by doing yesterday’s credit card accounting. How can one old woman spend that much money in the amount of time that a colonoscopy takes ? HA HA HA !  I did more “review and purge” work in the camper, dealing with the large storage drawer underneath the dinette seat. Found stuff in there that I didn’t even know we had ! HA HA HA ! We set up and adjusted the two soaker hoses we are leaving in our vegetable gardens at the front of the house and the herb garden at the back while we’re travelling for the next few weeks. Late in the afternoon we gave Ozzie a haircut. A short haircut. A very short haircut !

In the evening I filled out another GIS form for Joanne. < sigh > One of the previous forms was the wrong version ! < rolling my eyes > The previous form 
I filled out for her was an SC ISP-3025. She was supposed to fill out an 
SC ISP-3026. < sigh >

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment