Sunday, February 9, 2020

February 2 to 8, 2020

Sunday ;  Sunny and warm.

This morning I finished reading John Steinbeck's circa 1960 novel "Travels with Charley".  When I saw it in the Sky Valley library recently I picked it up thinking that as a vagabond myself the novel would make feel better about America and Americans.  It most certainly did not ! ! !  Especially near the end of the adventure as he was traveling across Texas and Louisiana !

This afternoon and evening I prepared to send my Dell laptop back to Dell for repair.
I have anxiety about being without my computer for at least a couple of weeks.
I backed up all files on the Dell.  I restored my old HP Mini laptop to functionality.
I transferred all the Dell files to the HP Mini.  I packaged the Dell laptop in the box Dell sent.  Tomorrow I will deliver the box to Fed Ex for shipping to Dell.  Wish me luck !

Monday ;  Sunny, windy, chilly.

This morning we headed out in the truck and camper to run some errands.  First
I picked up a Wi-Fi modem / router at Beamspeed.  Then I dropped off my packaged Dell Laptop at a Fed Ex drop off station inside Walgreens.  Joanne bought a needed item at Walgreens.  We dumped the camper's waste holding tanks at a Speedway fuel station.  We went for lunch to Hamburger Stand / Wienerschnitzel.  At another Speedway fuel station I refilled the truck with diesel.

When we returned home and took the truck and camper to our park's storage yard to park it there ... < sputter > ... our assigned parking spot was ... occupied !  Second time in little more than a year that our storage yard assigned parking space has been "stolen".  It would be a gross understatement to say that I was pissed off !  We went to the park office and I ... < ahem > ... expressed my dissatisfaction to our park's managers.

We parked in a different parking spot.  Later in the evening I expressed my dissatisfaction in writing.

Tuesday ;  Sunny and chilly, cold in the evening.

After lunch we headed to the Humane Society for our first volunteer shift of this winter season.  I dropped Joanne off at the Humane Society to start her shift of cat "cuddling", and I drove to Wally's World to buy some automotive headliner retainer pins for the minivan.  I returned to the Humane Society and began my shift of dog walking.

It was nice to be around dogs for a couple of hours.  Although ... < sigh > ... the first three dogs that I walked were large "pullers".  By the time I was finished with Steppenwolf ( Rhodesian Ridgeback ), Churchill ( Yellow Lab ), and Scooby
( Shepherd / Malinois ), I needed a rest !  I decided to take a "little" ( the Humane Society's term for small dogs ) for a walk.  Cute, fluffy, little Valentine was just the ticket.  HA HA HA ... what a sweetie.

It was nice to re-acquaint with my long time fellow volunteer Penny at the Humane Society today.  < sigh >  She is battling thyroid cancer.  < deep sigh >

In the evening Joanne and I went to Famous Dave's Barbecue for our annual dinner there, using a coupon they send each year for Joanne's birthday.  As we were leaving for Famous Dave's I re-aimed the minivan's headlights.  While we were driving home from Palm Springs in the dark last Friday evening, Joanne driving behind me, I realized the minivan's headlights were aimed just a teensy bit too high.  After correcting them, and driving to Famous Dave's and back, I realized I had lowered them a teensy bit too much, so re-aimed them again when we got back home.

Wednesday ;  Sunny and mild.

This afternoon Joanne went grocery shopping and running errands by herself.  I did some household chores.  And took a long nap with Emma.

Thursday ;  Sunny and mild.  Joanne cooked a rhubarb cake in the Sun Oven this afternoon.  And then prepared a rhubarb and chicken recipe in the Sun Oven for tonight's supper.   How can you tell that Joanne finally decided to use the frozen bag of rhubarb that we grew in our garden last summer ?  HA HA HA !

This afternoon I did some work in the camper, including rearranging all my camper clothing inventory.  After an early supper went "downtown" to the Historic Yuma Theater ( that's its name ) to attend the monthly foreign art film showing.  Tonight's movie was "Complicity" a Chinese and Japanese film.

After we returned home the feral black cat that had been regularly visiting us before we went to Palm Springs returned, hungry and looking for food.  Hello, Cobra, welcome back.  We know that Cobra is feral because it has a notched ear, which means that it has previously been trapped, neutered, and released.  I put dry cat food and water in the back yard.

Friday ;  Sunny and warm.

Worked on repairing the minivan's sagging headliner material.  Didn't finish before Joanne took the car to go run errands in the Foothills.  Set up a folding table and put some stuff out for sale in tomorrow's park wide yard sale.  Did some inventory of old clothing ... that doesn't fit !  HMPH !  Trimmed my beard and moustache.  Did some bicycle maintenance.  Shopped online and ordered some dually valve extenders.  Did a lot of work on updating investment files.

Joanne took dry cat food outside around 10:30 PM.  Cobra was waiting !

Saturday ;  Sunny and warm.

Late this morning we headed to the Foothills for some 50% off everything thrift store shopping.  First was a new thrift store, Hands Extended Thrift Store.  Next was Goodwill.  I bought some items at each.  We had a late lunch at Burger King, then bought a few grocery items at Fry's before heading home.

I napped with Emma while Joanne did some laundry.  Late in the afternoon we went to the swimming pool and did an exercise session, first time in a week.  In the evening
I worked on annuity pension benefit accounting.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment