Sunday, March 1, 2020

February 23 to 29, 2020

Sunday ; Sunny and very warm. Joanne cooked a beef stew in the Sun Oven today.

This morning we had to give Emma a bit of a … < ahem > … bum bath. She pouted in her bed for most of the rest of the day.

Most of my day was taken up with routine chores ; clean the barbecue, exercise our little generator, pay some bills online, put away laundered clothing, post my weekly blog entry, etc. Late in the afternoon we went to the swimming pool and did an exercise session before having supper.

Monday ; Sunny and warm. Joanne cooked a Thai Chicken recipe in the Sun Oven today.

I did some weeding and cleanup in the dog park behind our rear yard fence this morning before watering all our plants and gardens. In the afternoon 
I disassembled the car’s center console, removed the climate control ( HVAC ) panel, disassembled the climate control panel, and removed the burned out light bulb in the panel. < sigh > An hour of work just to locate and remove a burned out little bulb. I reassembled everything … about another forty-five minutes of work, then got onto my computer searching for the little bulb’s “identity”. HMPH ! Couldn’t find it ! I’ll have to go to some automotive parts suppliers like O’Reilly’s and hope that they can help me.

In the afternoon I received the wheel center cap I ordered for the minivan. It does not have the exact part number that I ordered, and while it looks extremely similar to the other wheel center caps on the car, it doesn’t fit quite right. I sent a query to the supplier in Florida. I expect I will have to return it for a refund. No sense paying fifty bucks for a part that’s worth about half of that and is likely to fly off the car the first time I reach highway speed with it on the car.

In the evening I reconciled our January / February MasterCard billing.

Tuesday ; Sunny, warm, windy.

Routine household chores this morning. Dog walking and cat cuddling at the Humane Society in the afternoon. Nap afterwards ! Shopped online for a car cover for the minivan.

Wednesday ; Sunny and warm. I made sun dried Beefsteak tomatoes in the Sun Oven today.

Emma is ill. Joanne went grocery shopping by herself this afternoon.

This morning I received a phone call from Factory Chrysler Parts in Florida. Yes, yes … they sent the wrong part. The correct part is now on its way. I took an empty propane tank to be refilled. I disassembled and removed the trailer’s laundry hamper cupboard to gain access to the “guts” of the trailer’s freshwater refill plumbing. I was looking for a possible problem. I didn’t find it.

I drafted a “return home to Canada” trip plan. Late in the afternoon we went to the swimming pool and did an exercise session. We had the pool and hot tub all to ourselves. In the evening we watched Survivor, then I watched the pilot of a new Canadian medical drama ; Transplant.

Thursday ; Sunny and very warm.

This morning Joanne encouraged us to resume walking laps around the dog park, for exercise. We are not walking enough since Ozzie died.

This afternoon I shopped for a specialty automotive bulb at local automotive supply stores. Couldn’t find what I need. < sigh > Maybe I’ll be able to find it online. I shopped for the bulb while we were on our way to see a movie at Harkins Theaters in Yuma Palms Shopping Center.

We saw Call Of The Wild. I liked it a lot. Joanne not so much.

Friday ; Sunny and warm.

Late this morning we went to Food City to shop for groceries and have lunch in their in-store cocina ( Spanish for “kitchen” or “café” ). On the way back home we stopped at Lowe’s and I bought some materials for an upcoming renovation project in the Arizona room. I shopped at O’Reilly’s and Auto Zone for some automotive instrument panel bulbs. Neither store had what I need. Back at home I napped while Joanne had a long phone chat with her sister. Late in the afternoon we went to the swimming pool and did an exercise session. In the evening I did some online shopping for a car cover and the difficult to find automotive instrument panel bulbs.

Saturday ; Sunny and very warm. Joanne cooked Picadillo, a Mexican recipe, in the Sun Oven today.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH ! ! ! ! ! Today I received an incorrect part from Factory Chrysler Parts, the second time they have sent me the same incorrect part. Come on, guys, picking an automotive part, by part number, isn’t rocket science !

Twice today we went for a walk around the dog park. I did computer backup procedures today. I discovered a “recovery drive” error I made a few months ago. I will have to create a new recovery drive, and recopy all my archived documents and photos. I did some planning and preparation for an upcoming “home renovation” project in the Arizona room. I read and napped. On one of the sofas in the Arizona room. How nice !

After an absence of a couple of weeks, Cobra the feral cat showed up in our back yard tonight, looking like he needed a meal.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment