Sunday, February 6, 2022

January 30 to February 5, 2022

 Sunday ; Very sunny, very warm, temperature in the low 80’s, no wind … gorgeous !

WOO-HOO ! The next door neighbours’ sixteen year old cat has returned ! He was hungry !

Around noon we went for another long, relaxing exercise session in the warm mineral pool, followed by a long soak in the hot mineral pool. I decided to try something new today. After soaking in the hot pool for awhile, I went for a cold water plunge in the cold pool. YIKES ! Well … once will be enough for me, thanks. My heart bypass grafts will appreciate that. HA HA HA !

Monday ; Cloudy and warm.

Joanne is ill tonight with an upset stomach and … “food poisoning” ? How come every time we come to Palm Springs … she gets sick ? ! ?

When we walked over to the east side of the resort late in the afternoon to return a book to the library we “captured” two little, old, fat Chihuahuas running around loose. Within a few minutes their elderly, drunk, senile female owner came out of the mailbox room, scolding them for “escaping” from the golf cart where she had left them <rolling my eyes>.

Tuesday ; Cloudy and cool.

We spent the afternoon running errands in Palm Desert, including returning to America’s Tire to have the incorrectly installed dually wheel removed and reinstalled correctly. The service technician assigned to my truck did not understand the concept of the outer wheel “blocking” access to the inner wheel’s valve, preventing the installation of the inner wheel’s valve extender. <sigh> I explained / showed it to him. It was like a light bulb going off in his head. <rolling my eyes again>

Wednesday ; Cloudy, cool, extremely (Santa Ana) windy.

The wind was so strong today … (how strong was it, Dan ?) … that we spent most of the day hunkered down inside the camper. We spent some time this morning wandering around the neighbourhood searching for all of our stuff that we left outside, and that had blown away ! Towels, bathing suits, pool shoes, laundry basket, folding chairs, barbecue tools.

Thursday ; Sunny, but … another cold, windy day. Again too cold to go to the pools.

I did some maintenance on the truck. And a “home improvement” project on the camper. And some dreaming and planning of next winter’s travels.

Friday ; Sunny and warm.

We spent the afternoon running shopping errands in Palm Desert and Cathedral City ; Wal-Mart, Lowe’s, and Trader Joe’s. On our way home, stopped at a traffic light on Dillon Road, I saw a food truck parked on the side of the road at the intersection, advertising Salvadoreña food. WOO-HOO … pupusas ! Joanne had been commenting about how hungry she was, so … I stopped and bought pupusas as a late afternoon snack. Pupusa Revuelta (frijole, quesillo, y chicharrón) for her, Pupusa Queso for me, warm curtido y salsa verde on the side. They were EXCELLENT ! Well … except for the salsa verde, which I think was just ... puréed jalapeños. HA HA HA !

Late in the evening the camper’s propane alarm malfunctioned / failed due to age. I was unable to silence it by any method other than removing it from the wall and cutting the wires. <sigh>

Saturday ; Sunny and very warm.

I started my day by driving a short distance to a nearby RV parts business to purchase a new RV propane alarm. Late in the afternoon I installed it. Problem solved ! On my way back into Sky Valley Resort I stopped at the office and extended our stay until March 9.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment