Monday, October 19, 2009

October 18, 2009

October 18, 2009

Yesterday we attended Taste Of Our Valley, an annual fall event in Keremeos. Local wineries, bakeries, fruit stands, and other businesses set up decorated tables in Victory Hall and offer samples of their products. This year’s Taste Of Our Valley was not quite as good as previous years. But there were some highlights. We sampled a new variety of locally developed and grown apple that was very good. And one of the fruit stands was offering samples of an excellent home made pumpkin soup. I went to their website today to get the recipe for us and a neighbour.

We met quite a few of our Riverside RV Park Resort neighbours at Taste Of Our Valley. And I bumped into a woman that I worked with at Mariposa Orchards. She said that my blog had been discovered and read, and that my blog entry about my week working at Mariposa caused quite a stir there. Well … good ! I’m glad to hear that !

Today was Joanne’s last day of work. She worked hard all summer at a tough job. I want to express my appreciation and admiration for her.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment