Sunday, September 26, 2010

September 19 to 25, 2010

September 19 to 25, 2010


Wednesday ; Another gorgeous fall day ! Well … every day I have been baiting and setting a rat trap between our storage shed and the rock wall, hoping to trap a pack rat. And every morning I discover that … I’ve whacked another mouse ! < sigh > Catching mice in a rat trap is akin to swatting flies with a baseball bat, n’est-ce pas ? ! ?

Joanne has been unable to shake the cold she caught about two weeks ago. She’s still pretty sick ! I’m finished with the application of Efudex on my nose. My nose is raw and sore !

I have just returned from riding my bicycle around the park ( at 7 PM ). There was a black bear at our “burn pile” area. Bears have been spotted a few times around the park this week. They’re here for the wonderful apples and ripe plums in the park’s orchard, no doubt.

Saturday ; Well … that was certainly … unexpected ! My brother, who hasn’t spoken to me for somewhere between ten and fifteen years, phoned tonight to invite us to his home in Kelowna for Thanksgiving dinner ! I don’t know quite what to make of that ! I wasn’t able to accept his invitation because of Joanne’s job. She is committed to working every day of the Thanksgiving long weekend. As an alternative, I invited him and his family to come here for Thanksgiving. He’ll get back to me. < shrug >

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment