Sunday, September 12, 2010

September 5 to 11, 2010

September 5 to 11, 2010


Sunday ; The owner of Dave’s Fruits & Veggies in Keremeos, and Lidder’s Fruit Stand in Cawston, phoned this morning to ask that Joanne start work tomorrow at their Cawston fruit stand.

Tuesday ; Well, today I reached the milestone of 100 days without smoking. I wanted to reach the 100 day point before “publicly” announcing my efforts to quit smoking. Congratulations, Daniel !

Thursday ; Whew … I’m tired. I drove Joanne to work early this morning … to Cawston … she’s working the Cawston fruit stand this week … drove home, showered, drove to Penticton, shopped and ran errands for half the day, went to a doctor’s appointment … met the surgeon who will perform my colonoscopy in a few weeks … shopped for another half a day, then drove back to Cawston to pick up Joanne at work. I was half an hour late !

Friday ; AAARRRGGGHHH … we’ve just run out of peanut butter from Peanut Patch in Yuma, Arizona ! We spent the evening in Penticton, at the residence of the owners of RV Days, at an end of season staff party. It was obvious that they were satisfied with our performance this summer, and they have invited us to work for them again next summer. < sigh > Joanne has a cold.

Saturday ; Well … that’s four hours of my life that I’ll never get back ! I spent four hours … and a $10 entry fee … at a local community garage sale today trying to get rid of some unwanted stuff. I sold four items for a total of $32
< sigh >. Joanne is quite ill with a cold. My sister phoned this afternoon and we had a nice long chat. AND … < sputter > … there is still one spot near the top of the mountain that is puffing out wisps of smoke ! ! !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment