Sunday, June 10, 2012

June 3 to 9, 2012

Sunday ; Spent the entire day in bed sick with a flare-up of ulcerative colitis.

Monday ; Another cold, rainy day < sigh > of running errands in Penticton.

Tuesday ; Another cloudy, cold day with intermittent light rain. When does the sunny, hot Okanagan weather begin ? ! ?

This morning I got up early to go into town to have my knees x-rayed at the South Similkameen Health Centre a.k.a. Keremeos Clinic.

This afternoon I worked on replacing a broken stanchion on the trailer's roof ladder. The last time a roof ladder stanchion broke, a few years ago, I had extreme difficulty finding the replacement parts I needed. Sooooo ... of course ... I bought spare parts ! Good thinking ! Nevertheless, I still need some additional ( easy to find ) hardware before I can finish the repair / replacement job I started today.

Wednesday ; And still another cloudy, cold, rainy day ! I've been sick with colitis for four days now, and for the last three days I have been trying to ignore that fact. But ... it's not quite possible to do that.

This morning we headed out to pick more copper coloured rocks along Old Hedley Road near Princeton. After picking the rocks we drove into Princeton where I bought the hardware I need to complete the repairs to the trailer's roof ladder. From there we drove west on Highway 3 for about twenty minutes looking for Kennedy Lake Road. We drove to Kennedy Lake looking for a couple of "off the grid" properties we found advertised for sale. The entire Kennedy Lake area is "on the rez" and is a dump ! Why anyone would want a cottage, without electricity, water, or even a bathroom, in a dump like that, is beyond me.

We headed back towards home, stopping for a very late picnic lunch at Bromley Rock Provincial Park.

Thursday ; A very cold, cloudy, very windy day !

A few days ago Joanne bought a new watch. It's a long story ! The watch cost nine dollars. It has a two year warranty. For warranty service, send the watch back to the manufacturer with ... wait for it ... ten dollars to cover postage, taxes, and insurance. HA HA HA HA HA !

Joanne worked on a sewing repair on my driver's seat in the truck. It was a tough job that took longer than anticipated. Together we worked on changing the tension buttons / bobbins on three of the kitchen's day / night shades. I removed the band from Joanne's new watch and installed the old Navajo silver and turquoise band from her old watch.
I procrastinated continuing to work on the ladder repair because it was just too damn cold and windy today !

Friday ; Today started out partially sunny and mild. But ... it didn't last. By late afternoon it was cloudy, cold, and raining !

Joanne completed her rockscaping project using the copper rocks we collected near Princeton. What an excellent job she's done ! I completed the repair of the trailer's roof access ladder.

I prepared an antibiotic solution and started Sully on a five day course of antibiotics. He seems to have an upper respiratory ailment. And since that's what brought an end to Teddy's life a few years ago I'm a bit paranoid about upper respiratory infections in old cats. Sully also had an upper respiratory infection about a year ago that I cleared up with antibiotics. His upper respiratory problems seem to start with hay fever / spring time allergies.

Saturday ; Today was cold and raining ! ! !

We got up WAAAAYYYYY too early ... so that Joanne could go to the annual yard sale at SunKatchers RV Park "next door". I can not find the motivation to attend an early morning yard sale, especially on a cold and rainy morning. While I dragged my butt around getting myself ready to face the day, Joanne ... mercifully ... went to the yard sale by herself. By the time she returned I was ready to go out. We went to the Post Office in Keremeos then to Bush's Greenhouse in Cawston. On the way back through Keremeos we bought some groceries at Valu-Plus, refilled a water jug, and stopped at Sanderson Farms for some produce and bread. When we got back home I crawled back into bed for a long nap with Sully.

This afternoon we discovered that the valance above the kitchen rear window was wet. UH-OH ... a leak. Above the window was my first guess. We removed the valance and it was apparent that the leak was not above the window. We emptied out the cupboard above the window and found that it was wet in the corner of the cupboard. < sigh > Outside and up on the ladder I went, looking for a leak on the roof, perhaps around the kitchen grey tank roof vent pipe ? I found the leak, and repaired it. I think ! I hope !

During a lull in the rain this afternoon I set up the satellite dish and tripod I bought in Yuma a few months ago. I disconnected our "home" satellite dish which is mounted on the side of our gazebo, and connected our new "travel" satellite dish. Within just a few minutes I had it aimed and working well. WOO-HOO ! Now we will bring our satellite TV service with us wherever we go.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment