Sunday, September 1, 2013

August 25 to 31, 2013

To "anonymous" who recently posted a comment to a blog entry of about a year and a half ago asking for referral / recommendation re : my Mexican periodontist ; please send me your name and e-mail address

Sunday ; Sick today with a full blown flare up of ulcerative colitis, apparently triggered by last night's gluttonous feast at Bogner's of Penticton. My "new" ( since 2011 ) gastroenterologist thinks that my 1990 diagnosis of ulcerative colitis may have been incorrect, and that I actually have Crohn's Disease. They're so similar that it doesn't much matter, does it ? Although ... after some research I think she's correct. She wants to "fiddle" with my meds a teensy bit to help her be more definitive in her diagnosis.

In any case ... I'm sick today ! ! !

Monday ; Feeling better today, although weak. Got hired today to do another trailer winterization and delivery from campground to storage yard. My sister phoned today, after getting home from the hospital following her ( second ) hip replacement surgery six days ago.

Tuesday ; Headed to Penticton late this morning for ( most of ) a day of errands. After a picnic lunch we headed to Peachland to see ... and buy ... a slightly used glass top patio table with market umbrella and four upholstered chairs. The furniture that we previously had on our deck we have now moved to our gazebo, so the deck requires refurnishing. Back in Penticton, at Wal-Mart we bumped into our next door neighbours ... and their granddaughter. I invited the neighbour and his granddaughter to go flying.

After our errands were finished Joanne dropped me off at the airport, she went shopping, and
I took Joe and seven year old Georgia on a flightseeing flight to see Riverside RV Park Resort ... and Grandma standing on the road waving at us. HA HA HA ... Georgia was pretty excited by it all. Except for having to do some "scud running" under a little rain squall ( with downdrafts / wind shear ) over Keremeos Village, it was a pleasant flight.

Wednesday ; Today the neighbour that I took flying yesterday fulfilled a previous promise made to me to teach me how to fly fish. We walked over to the Similkameen River behind our park's "clubhouse", waded across to an island, and ... in less than two hours of instruction and practice, we caught about twenty or so Rainbow Trout and Cutthroat Trout. WOW ... it was exciting ! ! ! Thank you very much, Joe. Learn to fly fish ; another item to cross off my "bucket list".

Yesterday I bought another couple of very well priced wild caught Pacific salmon. This afternoon
I filleted them ... and cleaned three Rainbow Trout and one Cutthroat Trout.

We unloaded the patio furniture that we bought yesterday and got it all up on the deck of the house. Very nice !

Joanne and I had a fun "hide & seek" obedience session with Bo.

Thursday ; It was raining today until mid-afternoon. Until then we had a lazy day. After the rain ended I did some minor maintenance work on the trailer.

Found an interesting Maple Syrup glazed Rainbow Trout recipe online, and that's how I prepared the fish I caught yesterday for supper tonight. T'was pretty good !

Friday ; Joanne left at 6:30 AM this morning to accompany Dorothy to her chemotherapy session in Kelowna. Jimmy the dog came to spend the day with me, Bo, and Sully.

I spent the day puttering around with some minor maintenance on the trailer. Once again it is one hundred percent ready for travel, with no outstanding maintenance issues. We'll be leaving for Winnipeg in nine days.

After Joanne returned home late in the afternoon we worked on "gluing" some of the shells that we collected last winter in Mexico onto the outside base of the gazebo, as a "whimsical" display.

Saturday ; Another sunny, hot day. Not too many left this year, I would expect.

We continued our whimsical gluing of Mexican beach shells onto the bases of the gazebo and shed. While painting some exterior door trim Joanne was stung by a wasp. The wasps are so bad this year ! Lots and lots and lots of them, all with "hair triggers". Our next door neighbour was stung while in our yard a few days ago. I did some repair work on the neighbour's fifth wheel this afternoon.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment