Sunday, May 18, 2014

May 11 to 17, 2014

Sunday ; Sunny and mild. At last !

Last year when we picked up a brand new trailer in Edmonton and delivered it to Penticton, the client did not want the mattress that was in the trailer. We agreed to "dispose" of it for her. Today we removed the mattress that came with our truck camper, and replaced it with the brand new RV Short Queen mattress from the Edmonton client's trailer.

This morning Joanne went yard sale shopping in Hedley. I planted the rhubarb plant
I bought yesterday in Okanagan Falls. Much easier said than done, given our solid rock yard. In preparation for having the tires rotated tomorrow in Penticton, I removed all the hub caps, wheel liners, and valve extenders from the truck. Together we worked on rearranging the shed contents, including setting up the cabinet unit we bought yesterday in Willowbrook to hold all my tools. I worked on removing the nuts, bolts, and remnants of the dually mud flap I tore off the truck a few weeks ago. I used fiberglass gel to repair the bolt holes that were ripped out of the wheel well. We trimmed Bo's dew claws and gave him a bath. I did a ceiling moulding repair in the park model. That's been on my "to do" list for about a year !

In the evening I calculated what our 2015 PharmaCare deductible and co-pay will be based on our 2013 net income from our income tax returns which I completed a couple of days ago. We watched a couple of episodes of a new TV show, House of Food. Holy mackerel. Big Brother meets Hell's Kitchen. I posted last week's journal entry to my blog.

Monday ; Sunny and warm.

Another long day of running errands and spending a lot of money in Penticton, including having the truck tires rotated. DARN ... discovered that the one of the rear brake calipers is leaking.

Tuesday ; Sunny and warm. Today was dedicated to routine chores and truck camper improvement projects.

Wednesday ; Sunny and very warm. Another day of routine chores and improvement projects. Main project for today was installing a new mud flap on the truck to replace the one torn off a month or so ago on the trip home. And you KNOW how much I hate having to remove and replace the rear tires on the truck ! I am installing a pair of
semi-trailer mud flaps on our truck, trimmed slightly to fit.

The next door neighbour brought one of his two dogs over early this afternoon, looking for our assistance. The dog has an ear infection, and we are treating it.

Invited the next door neighbour over for dinner tonight as appreciation for the iterative custom wood cutting services yesterday. And because he's a "bachelor" for a couple of weeks while his wife is away. The potatoes and eggs for tonight's potato salad were cooked in the Sun Oven, as was the apple cake.

Thursday ; Sunny and warm. Installed the second mud flap on the other side of the truck. Went to town to run some errands. Joanne did laundry. Treated the neighbour's dog's ear infection again. Had a disagreement with the neighbour, unrelated to the dog. I think he's now pouting at me. The neighbour, not the dog. Hope he gets over it soon ! Did some financial juggling in the evening. As Jimmy Durante used to say ; HA CHA CHA CHA.

Friday ; Sunny and warm.

Our next door neighbour avoided me all day. I guess he's angry and/ or pouting about our disagreement of yesterday.

I resolved our malfunctioning generator problem today. < sigh > I regret that I didn't address the problem sooner. It wasn't all that difficult to solve.

Saturday ; Mostly sunny and mild. A few drops of rain late in the afternoon.

I spent the morning helping some neighbours move a ten foot by ten foot shed from across the street to next door. Easier said than done ! Said hello to the next door neighbour who's mad at me. No response ! < sigh >

Spent the afternoon working on truck camper maintenance and improvement projects.

During the evening I paid bills.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment