Sunday, January 11, 2015

January 4 to 10, 2015

Sunday ; Sunny, cool ... finally beginning to warm up a bit after a week of very cold ( for Yuma ) weather.

Bo's sore toe / leg / knee has healed / stop hurting. So ... we did a Bo-gility session. Well done, Bo, good dog ! This afternoon we reupholstered one side of the trailer's bedroom slide's fascia. It turned out well. So ... I guess we're going to have to reupholster the other side and then the top. We went to the late afternoon / early evening ice cream social. WOW ... big crowd, over a hundred people. Must be January !   I chatted with George and Betty, our friends / neighbours with the two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. They spent much of last week in Phoenix, having Rocky taken care of at a veterinary clinic that specializes in neurology. His problem was a ruptured disc in his back. Nothing that $7000 < blink blink > worth of surgery couldn't fix ! How fortunate for Rocky to be owned by people caring enough and wealthy enough to fix his problem. Well done, George and Betty !

After supper ... WOO-HOO ... we watched the season premiere of Downton Abbey.

Monday ; AHHHHH ... Yuma's weather has finally returned to where it should be ; sunny and warm !

Joanne went shopping by herself all afternoon. I searched ( unsuccessfully ) by phone and online for an RV part that I want for Elsie the truck camper. I watered all my plants and gardens. I flushed mineral scale out of Elsie's water heater, an annual task. I took Bo on our daily pack walk. I continued working on the truck bumper repair. I chatted with friends. I went bicycling at sunset. Yuma has such beautiful desert sunsets.

In the evening I worked on compiling our 2014 medical expenses for income tax purposes. And ... we watched Celebrity Apprentice. It's just occurred to us that some of the better known "celebrities" must come onto this show under contract, ensuring that they are not "fired" near the beginning of the season, no matter how obnoxious or useless they may be.

Tuesday ; Sunny and warm < deep breath of contentment >. Joanne cooked Chicken Chile Verde in the Sun Oven today.

This morning we went to the Humane Society for a shift of dog walking and cat cuddling. We usually "work" Tuesday afternoons, but we rescheduled so that we could attend a performance in the Kofa Ko-op clubhouse. The performer was Herbert The Entertainer, a Canadian from Taber, Alberta who mostly plays keyboard, but is also a singer, songwriter, and ... ventriloquist. Rather eclectic combination of talents !

I continued work on the truck bumper repair. We went on the daily pack walk. The pack is getting bigger ! Must be January ! In the evening I continued working on year end financial / investment reconciliation and analysis.

Wednesday ; Sunny and warm.

This morning Joanne prepared a Saskatoon ( berry ) matrimonial cake and put it in the Sun Oven to bake. The Saskatoons come from home / Riverside RV Park Resort near Keremeos, B.C. They've been in the freezer. Unfortunately, the sun disappeared behind thin clouds before the cake was baked. Joanne finished baking it in the oven inside the trailer.

I continued working on the truck bumper repair. I did a minor repair on the truck camper. While Joanne went to Albertson's to buy some advertised specials I did some maintenance chores. I began work on the reupholstering of the second ( of three ) section of the trailer's bed slide's fascia . We went on the daily pack walk. I worked on planning and organizing next week's clean up of the roadway that our RV park adopted for clean up many years ago.

We went out for dinner to Copper Miner Kitchen. We invited Joanne's friend Eilene to join us. Copper Miner Kitchen's Wednesday evening special is "all you can eat spaghetti". It was pretty darn good !

Thursday ; Cloudy and mild.

I woke up in the middle of the night and ... UH-OH ... instantly realized that ... I have a cold ! DARN !

I continued working on the truck bumper repair. I'm almost finished. < sigh > My spray painting skills have not improved with age. We had three friends / neighbours come over for lunch in our Arizona room ; Eilene, Tom and Pat. Joanne is a good hostess. She prepared salad, moussaka, and Saskatoon matrimonial cake. I stayed out of the way, and tried not to infect anybody with my cold. Lunch was my way of saying "thank you" to Tom for moving our fifth wheel trailer from Kofa Ko-op's storage yard onto our lot 52 when we arrived near the end of November.

After lunch I felt too ill to work on the reupholstering project which was our plan for the afternoon. Instead I went to nap for most of the afternoon with Sully. I woke in time to join Joanne and Bo on the daily pack walk, but I bailed out after only one lap around the dog park. I prepared a slightly modified version of Eggs Benedict for supper, substituting chicken bologna for ham. MMMMM ... Bo loves Hollandaise sauce. Who knew ? HA HA HA !

In the evening we watched Celebrity Apprentice.

Friday ; Sunny and warm.

This morning Joanne took her friend Eilene for a medical appointment. I slept late, hoping that would alleviate my cold symptoms. Maybe it did. Or maybe it was the copious amount of drugs that I took today that did. I did not feel quite as ill today as yesterday.

This morning I finished the truck bumper repair project. < raising eyebrows > Not my finest attempt at auto body work ! This afternoon Joanne and I reupholstered the second of three sections of the trailer's bed slide's fascia. It went much smoother than the first section did. HMPH ... learning curve ! After today's pack walk Marilu and Sammy the Australian Shepherd visited with us in our Arizona room. In the evening
I completed, printed, and mailed our annual IRS 8840 forms before we watched Doc Martin on PBS.

Saturday ; Sunny and very warm. Day three of feeling miserable with a cold. Oh, well ... if one is going to be ill, it might as well be in a sunny, very warm place.

Joanne went shopping by herself again today. I began working on the third and last section of the trailer's bed slide's fascia reupholstery. I removed the old upholstery by slowly and methodically removing a LOT of small staples. I napped with Sully. My stamina is very low at the moment.

After the daily pack walk we had an early supper then headed out for Yuma Community Theater’s performance of Breaking Up Is Hard To Do, a musical featuring the music of Neil Sedaka. It was ... well ... you know ... < sigh > ... Yuma Community Theater. The female lead was a high school senior with excellent singing skills. We first saw her about eight years ago, at about ten years of age, in a children’s choir, and we have seen her perform a few times over the years.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment