Sunday, May 24, 2015

May 17 to 23, 2015

Sunday ; Cloudy and raining overnight and in the morning, slowly clearing in the afternoon.

After a week long visit Bill and Lynne ( and Windsor the Pomeranian ) left this morning to continue their adventure journey to Alaska. We had a great week with them. Drive safely and enjoy the adventure, Bill and Lynne.

The weather wasn't great and I had a lot of financial "catch up" work to do so I spent much of the afternoon at my desk. Around ( everybody else's ) supper time we went for a brisk exercise walk then for some swimming pool and hot tub time. We returned home and I barbecued Dan-o-burgers for supper.

Monday ; Victoria Day ( Canadian holiday )

Mostly sunny and warm. It rained briefly late in the afternoon.

Now that our visitors have left our lives have returned to a more leisurely pace, and more routine. I puttered around with miscellaneous maintenance chores today. Joanne started a large, tedious project of staining all the lower skirting ( from the bottom of the building to the ground ) on our manufactured home.

Tuesday ; Sunny, warm, humid.

This morning we went to visit our neighbour / friend Jeanine. We made arrangements to pick her up at the Penticton Hospital Friday afternoon. We also visited with our neighbour / friend Kolly. I helped her with her 2014 IRS 8840 form.

In the afternoon I designed and printed a form to help Kolly collect the information she needs to record monthly to easily fill out her IRS 8840 form annually. Currently her records keeping is a bit ... < ahem > ... weaker than ideal. Joanne continued working on staining our home's skirting panels. I removed Elsie ( the truck camper ) from Lanoire ( the truck ). We need to take both the truck and minivan to Penticton tomorrow ... again !

I trimmed my beard. I look ( slightly ) civilized again. I went bicycling. We took Bo to the dog park, then for a walk around the RV park. Enough exercise for today ! In the evening I worked on Churchill trip planning.

Wednesday ; Sunny and very warm ! ! ! Hellooooo, summer !

Late this morning we headed to Penticton with both the truck and the minivan. First stop was to drop off the minivan for service. Next stop was to wash the truck then refill it with diesel. Joanne needed a gallon of wood stain at Home Hardware. Okay. Home Hardware. WHAT ? ! ? Sixty bucks for a gallon of wood stain ? ? ? < blink blink >
We had lunch at Tim Hortons, then went to Cherry Lane Mall. Joanne went to buy some groceries at Save-On-Foods while I ran other errands in the mall. Last stop was
Wal-Mart.

When we arrived back at home I phoned Westech Automotive to get the estimate on the minivan repairs. KA-CHING ! Another seven hundred and twenty three bucks !
< sigh > We had supper while watching the start of the three hour season finale of Survivor.

Thursday ; Sunny and warm. This morning I set up the Sun Oven and Joanne cooked an Apple Kuchen in it. This afternoon she slow cooked a marinated roast in the Sun Oven to make "pulled" / shredded beef for supper tonight and tomorrow.

Joanne finished staining all the skirting on the house today. I removed, cleaned, oiled, and reinstalled the truck's "permanent" air filter. It's a difficult, dirty job that needs to be done annually. While I was reinstalling the air filter ambient air temperature sensor ... it broke. It broke a few years ago, and at that time I was so astounded at the cost of a replacement part that I glued the broken one back together. It's a small piece of electronics housed in a piece of plastic. Intense heat from the diesel engine turns the plastic brittle. It cannot be glue repaired a second time so I will have to buy one tomorrow in Penticton. It will probably cost close to two hundred dollars. < sigh >

In the evening I downloaded, printed and reconciled our May MasterCard statements. 
< sigh >

Friday ; Sunny and warm. Had to slow down and type that carefully !

After lunch we headed to Penticton ... in our neighbour / friend Jeanine's car. First stop was Lordco Auto Parts where I bought the teensy little sensor for the truck. As expected ... one hundred and ninety six bucks ! ! ! We stopped at Safeway and deposited a cheque in the BMO ATM, then drove to Westech Automotive to pay for the repairs to the minivan. We left Jeanine's car there and drove to the hospital in our minivan.

Jeanine had been brought to the hospital early in the morning by another neighbour. She required a day in the hospital for a medical procedure. We picked her up at the end of the day. We returned to Westech Automotive to pick up Jeanine's car that we had just left there, I drove Jeanine's car home, and Joanne drove our minivan home with Jeanine as her passenger. Good deed #1 for the day.

On the way back home I stopped to offer assistance to an elderly woman standing on the side of the road with the hood of her vehicle raised. I couldn't solve her problem but I did drive her home to Olalla where she could get a family member in another vehicle to go back to her disabled car and solve the problem. Good deed #2 for the day.

As I arrived back home and drove through the gates of Riverside RV Park Resort I was following a 1--800--RV--4--RENT rental motorhome. I suspected ... correctly ... that they were foreign tourists looking for a rental RV site for the night. Sorry, folks, but not in this park. I welcomed them to Canada, chatted with them briefly ... they were from Munich, Germany ... been there ... and sent them down the road to Stemwinder Provincial Park near Hedley. Good deed #3 for the day.

Joanne had supper prepared in advance to feed us and Jeanine. Joanne had been expecting to spend overnight at Jeanine's home, but Jeanine was feeling better than expected, so she cancelled Joanne's overnight "babysitting".

Saturday ; Sunny and warm, becoming cloudy and windy late in the day.

This morning I installed the new $196 air filter ambient air temperature sensor in the truck. This afternoon Joanne did laundry. When it was time to walk back to the laundry room to fold clean laundry, she "persuaded" me to walk down there with her. Once there she "persuaded" me to go work out in the fitness room while she folded laundry. WOW .. .is she ever good ! I got snookered ! HA HA HA !

I paid a lot of bills online this evening. GEEEZZZ ... we have spent an astounding amount of money in the last month. We started a Saturday night "movie date" but by the time the classic movie "Three Coins In The Fountain" was half over we were ready to switch channels to watch Catfish. HA HA HA !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment