Sunday, May 10, 2015

May 3 to 9, 2015

Sunday ; Sunny and warm, a bit windy at times. Joanne used the Sun Oven for the first time this spring / summer season to cook Ratatouille. HEY ... how come there's no okra in there ? I think Ratatouille should have okra. Joanne disagrees.

We planted our vegetable garden this afternoon. I did some routine preventive maintenance on both the truck and the minivan. I used a headlamp restoration kit on one of the minivan's headlights. It didn't produce any better results than it did when
I used it on the truck's headlights last November when I purchased it in California.

For the last few days I have been working on our income tax returns about an hour per evening. Tonight I finished them. Tomorrow I hope to electronically file our income tax returns. If I accomplish that, and considering this year's five day extension on the filing deadline ( to May 5 ), this will be the first time in twenty-five years (since 1990 when we went into business for ourselves ) that I file our income taxes on time. HA HA HA !

Monday ; Sunny, then cloudy, then sunny again, warm, windy. Joanne started baking an apple and rhubarb crisp in the Sun Oven, but had to move it to the indoor oven when the sun disappeared behind cloud.

< big sigh > I spent a lot of time online today, completing and filing our income taxes, paying bills, and making Churchill polar bear viewing trip arrangements.

Tuesday ; Happy 14th Birthday to Joanne's niece Amelia

SHEEEEESH ! From sunny and mild to cloudy and cold to ... ice pellet blizzard !

This afternoon I removed the valve extenders, hub caps, and wheel liners from the truck in preparation for taking it in for tire rotation and brake service tomorrow.

With some "persuasion" from Joanne, today was the first day of us going to our park's pool building at supper time and doing exercises on the equipment in our fitness room.
I concede the merit of it, I just ... don't really want to do it. But ... I'll try !

Wednesday ; Mostly sunny, cool.

Late this morning we drove both vehicles to Keremeos. I left the truck at K Mountain Auto Repair to have the tires rotated and the brakes inspected. I'm certain that the brakes are in need of replacement. In the minivan we continued on to Penticton where we had another long and expensive day of shopping and errands, including having a wheel alignment done on the minivan.

Back home by early evening we had supper while watching Survivor, then we watched Catfish, our regular Wednesday evening ritual.

Thursday ; Sunny and warm.

So ... if the day before yesterday was Amelia's 14th birthday, then today ... Joanne is a 14 year cancer survivor ! And ... < sigh > ... I'm an eternally thankful husband !

It's somewhat too bad that the weather was so nice today, on a day when I had a workload that kept me indoors most of the day. Finishing and filing our income tax file folders. Shredding the contents of our 2007 income tax return files. Continuing to work on our Churchill trip plans, reservations, and payments. I spent a lot of time, and did a lot of work, on annual financial planning, because it's almost time to deal with annual RRIF minimum withdrawals.

We walked Bo. We went to exercise in the swimming pool building's fitness room, followed by some pool and hot tub time.

Friday ; Sunny and warm.

This afternoon we drove into town and while Joanne went to the grocery store to buy some groceries I went to K Mountain Auto Repair to pick up the truck after having the brakes serviced and the tires rotated. And I discovered after returning home that ... as is often the case when I have the truck's tires rotated ... the tire rotation was not done to my satisfaction. Which is hard to appreciate ... since I provided detailed written instructions on what I wanted done and how ! ! ! AND ... < sputter > ... I even provided the necessary deep wall socket necessary to do what I wanted, the way I wanted it done. To say that I'm a dissatisfied customer / in a pissy mood at the moment would be an understatement !

And I'm feeling pretty much the same way about Virgin Mobile after the difficulties I've been having for three days ... online, in Penticton, and online again ... getting our Canadian cell phone service reactivated !

At least the weather was really nice today !

Saturday ; Sunny and warm, another fine day.

This morning I drove to Keremeos to make a purchase at PharmaSave and to finish reactivating our Canadian cell phone.

In the afternoon we did some outdoor chores, including a large, messy glue job in our gazebo. It's a long story ! We took Bo for his daily romp in our RV park's small fenced dog park. We went for a brisk exercise walk. We chatted for awhile with our neighbour and friend Jeanine about the Riverside RV Park's annual general meeting held this afternoon, which Joanne and I did not attend ! We have not attended the AGM here for about five years or so.

In the evening we had a "movie date" watching Transamerica, a movie Joanne was interested in seeing. < blink blink > Odd story !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment