Sunday, July 19, 2015

July 12 to 18, 2015

Sunday ; Mostly cloudy, warm, intermittent rain, occasionally heavy.

This morning we did an obedience and agility session with Bo, then removed the camper from the truck. I did some minor maintenance and repairs on the camper.

Today was my colonoscopy preparation day. So ... I stayed pretty close to the bathroom all day. And ... felt pretty sick for much of the day. Joanne went into town to run some errands. I read and napped and ... spent time in the bathroom < sigh >. I worked on the computer. I did some minor maintenance chores inside the house. And ... < sigh > ... spent more time in the bathroom !

Monday ; Mostly sunny, warm ... I think. Hard to tell, I was doped up for much of the day.

I woke to the alarm at 5 AM, to take my final dosage of "gastro-intestinal lavage" ... a.k.a. anti-freeze. HA HA HA ... I'm not kidding. The main ingredient in the "colonoscopy preparation" is ... ethylene glycol. I forced the final large glass down ... went to sit on the toilet and wait ... didn't take long ... and went back to sleep until it was time to get up and head for the hospital.

Joanne drove me to Penticton Hospital then left to run errands for a few hours. I had my colonoscopy ... < sigh >. Joanne picked me up at the hospital, drove us home, and
I went to sleep for most of the rest of the day.

I got up to eat supper ... first meal in 48 hours ... and watch The Bachelorette.

Tuesday ; Mostly sunny, very warm.

WELL ... ***K ! ! !   I discovered very late last night, via Twitter, that due to low water levels and high water temperatures, the Similkameen River will be closed to sport fishing for two months, starting ... tomorrow !  SO ... I altered my plans for today !

Around lunch time we headed to Keremeos with both vehicles. We dropped the minivan off at K Mountain Auto Repair to have a power window motor replaced. I picked up a couple of prescriptions at PharmaSave. We washed the truck at FasGas then headed home.

After a late lunch and a nap I filleted the Pink Salmon and Sockeye Salmon Joanne purchased yesterday in Penticton. MMMMM ! Late in the afternoon I went fishing in the Similkameen River for about an hour and a half WOO-HOO ! ! ! Three Whitefish and five Rainbow Trout ! A good ( final ) day for fishing ! ! !


Wednesday ; Mostly sunny, hot, humid. I made "smoked" Whitefish in the Sun Oven today.

I spent quite a bit of time working on a truck tire leak problem today. As is almost always the case, the leak was attributable to a valve extender problem. But that's not always easy to identify and rectify ! We visited with Jeanine. I gave her a Rainbow Trout. Joanne did laundry. We did some minor maintenance on the truck camper. We did some gardening.

For supper we had a barbecued Rainbow Trout meal, with fish that had been swimming in the Similkameen River less than twenty-four hours earlier. WITH ... Swiss Chard from our own garden. Hundred mile meal ? HMPH ! How about a hundred yard meal ? HA HA HA !

Thursday ; Mostly sunny, hot, humid ... again.

This morning we drove into Keremeos to refill our five gallon water jug and pick up the minivan from K Mountain Auto Repair. Joanne took the minivan to the grocery store and I took the truck to FasGas to refill with diesel before heading home.

After lunch and a nap I trimmed my beard then did some maintenance work on my fly fishing gear. It's had quite a work out lately ! Joanne baked peach muffins and a peach pie. It's peach season !

I reserved Cessna 172 C-GHBM for a flight to Kamloops next week. THEN ... found out our friend in Kamloops was diagnosed yesterday with a malignant tumour on his lung ! < deep sigh > I cancelled our flight / airplane rental.

Friday ; Sunny and hot.

This morning I hired a Keremeos renovation contractor to supply and install metal roofing on our entry landing and deck. I will dismantle all the old roofing materials, and after he replaces the roofs I will replace / rebuild the undersides with new soffit material.

We drove west on Hwy. 3 towards Hedley to our "secret" wild apricot tree and picked a pail of lovely, sweet wild apricots. I harvested the last of our garden's lettuce, and replanted, although it's questionable whether lettuce will germinate in this hot weather.

Joanne wanted to go to Oliver tonight to see a movie. Okay ! We drove east on Hwy. 3 to Osoyoos, then north on Hwy. 97 to Oliver. We saw the animated Pixar movie "Inside Out" ... in "REAL 3D". Quite impressive technology ! After the movie we wandered up and down Oliver's main street looking for a place to have a late dinner, but ... the movie ended at 9 PM and Oliver seems to roll up the streets and go to bed at 9 PM. Even on a Friday night ! We ended up having dinner at A&W. HA HA HA ... just like when we had movie dates more than forty years ago ! On the way home we stopped at the scenic roadside viewpoint on Hwy. 3 up at Richter Pass overlooking Osoyoos. To make out ! HA HA HA ... just like the good old days. HA HA HA < SNORT > HA HA !

Saturday ; Sunny nad hot. ***K !  Typed "nad" again !

This morning I did some routine preventive maintenance on the truck and minivan. This afternoon I began working on disassembling / dismantling the roof over our deck. First
I removed the underside, done in aluminum soffit panels. Then I began the more difficult job of removing the corrugated polycarbonate roofing panels on top. What junk ! Those translucent corrugated polycarbonate panels were all dried out and cracked from the brutal Okanagan / Similkameen sunshine. No wonder the roof leaks so bad ! It will take me one more day to finish removing the roof panels.

In the evening we watched "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle". HA HA HA !  I can hardly wait for the sequel !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment