Sunday, July 10, 2016

July 3 to 9, 2016

Sunday ; Mostly sunny, mild, windy.

Joanne helped me replace the ( redundant ) truck storage chest and the ( redundant ) truck tailgate, both of which I store behind the back wall of our shed, and which we moved yesterday to allow me to caulk the shed base. I continued to work on cleaning dirt out from behind the gazebo screens using compressed air. Joanne did laundry.
I made fire starters using an old Boy Scout recipe using cardboard egg crates, dryer lint, and paraffin wax. After supper I posted my weekly journal entry to my blog.

Monday ; Mostly cloudy, cool.

Well ! It's about time I catch my first fish of the season, isn't it ? I fished for about an hour this afternoon. Caught and released a Rocky Mountain Whitefish. The river is still running fast and cold. It seems as if I am unable to catch Rainbow Trout in the Similkameen River until it slows and warms.

I did preventive maintenance on the truck and minivan. I watered our composters and plants and gardens. I went bicycling. I read. And napped. And repeated as necessary. HA HA HA !

Tuesday ; Raining all day. Squabbling all day.

The only productive thing I did today was take a propane tank to town and have it refilled.

Wednesday ; Sunny and very warm.

This morning we ended our squabbling, then headed to Penticton for a day of errands. We did some shopping at Home Hardware, and Canadian Tire, then I took Joanne to Penticton Hospital for her annual mammogram, the last of her annual cancer screening procedures. While she was in the hospital I went to buy fuel for the minivan. After she was finished at the hospital we went for a late lunch to Burger King. Our meal was poor, rather unusual for Burger King. Next stop was Wal-Mart, then Dollar Tree, then Superstore for groceries. We left Penticton about 5 PM. We stopped at a produce stand in Keremeos to buy some fresh vegetables and were home about 6 PM.

I grilled sausages, potatoes, onions, mushrooms and Patty Pan Squash for supper while Joanne prepared a watermelon and cucumber salad. We ate supper while watching TV ; Trailer Park Boys ( HA HA HA ), MasterChef, and America's Got Talent.

Thursday ; Mostly cloudy and mild.

Joanne left at 10 AM this morning in our minivan with Gord and Marcie, headed to Penticton Hospital where Gord had some blood tests and a C.A.T. scan done. They were back home at 2:30 PM.

I did some minor maintenance chores around home. I walked Bo and Ozzie, then cleaned and treated Ozzie's ear infections. One ear is 100% healthy and the other is about 90%. I had lunch, then we all napped.

This afternoon Joanne did some gardening and landscaping. I had a lengthy phone conversation with my sister. Haven't chatted with her for five months.

Friday ; Mix of sun and clouds, warm.

This morning our neighbour / friend Jeanine dropped by for a visit. We sat in our gazebo and chatted until mid-afternoon. By e-mail I negotiated a "horse trade" ( yard care services for merchandise ) with our next door neighbour from the Lower Mainland for his barbecue. So ... HA HA HA ... I now have Bupkis Barbecue III. It's a lovely, but neglected, expensive Weber barbecue. I spent a lot of time this afternoon cleaning it. Much more time than I had expected it would take. It was in worse shape than it first appeared. However ... after a few hours of refurbishment work, it's like "brand new".

SO ... < snicker > ... now Bupkis Barbecue I, which I acquired for free about three or four years ago, will be for sale at tomorrow's park wide yard sale. HA HA HA HA HA !
I wonder how much I can sell a barbecue for that I got for free and used for four years. HA HA HA < SNORT > HA HA !

While I prepared supper on our new Bupkis Barbecue III Joanne compiled our surplus items to be put for sale tomorrow at the park wide yard sale.

Saturday ; Mix of sun and clouds, warm, brief but heavy rain about supper time.

This morning Joanne set up our surplus items for sale on the road in front of our lot, including two large oak end tables our neighbour / friend Jeanine asked us to try to sell for her. It didn't take long for Joanne to sell two upholstered folding chairs and a matching upholstered folding chaise lounge. But that was the extent of the items sold today. For the latter part of the morning Jeanine came by and kept Joanne company. The park wide yard sale was poorly organized this year. Maybe tomorrow will bring more sales, but that's likely just wishful thinking.

I ( dba Similkameen Trailer Towing ) was hired today to transport a trailer at the end of August. I spent quite awhile on the phone around noon today with the client working out details. I puttered around with minor maintenance chores. We took Bo for a long walk around the RV park. We consoled a neighbour whose eighteen year old cat died yesterday. I did some online research. I was going to barbecue for supper, but it was raining at supper time so plan B was perogies. MMMMM ... good "plan B" ! Late in the evening I placed a bid on transporting a dog that needs to get from Penticton to Maple Ridge ( Lower Mainland / Vancouver area ) while we are transporting a trailer from Osoyoos to Vancouver Island in a week.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment