Sunday, October 30, 2016

October 23 to 29, 2016

Sunday ;  Sunny, mild, windy.

We did a difficult cleaning job this afternoon, cleaning the walls above the shower stall.  We walked around the RV park with Bo, enjoying the sunshine, returning a book to the library, spending some time in the dog park, harvesting some Shaggy Mane mushrooms as we found them.  Joanne cleaned the interior of the truck.  My role in that endeavour was ... take a nap.  HA HA HA !

I did some financial analysis work.  I posted my blog entry.  I worked on monthly computer maintenance that took much longer than usual.  I worked on reactivating our U.S. cell phone.  I hate that annual chore !  It never goes well for me.  Today it went as well as possible, I suppose.

Tonight we stumbled across a new television show that really tickles our funny bone.  Son of Zorn.  HA HA HA !  For supper Joanne cooked Maple Syrup glazed Cutthroat Trout fillets.  MMMMM ... they were good !

Monday ;  Sunny, cool, a bit windy.

We enjoy sunny fall days.  So we have taken to going on two long walks per day around the RV park with Bo.  We all benefit.  Once again today we discovered a fresh batch of Shaggy Mane mushrooms.  We picked a lot, and tonight Joanne and I made a large batch of turkey, potato, and Shaggy Mane mushroom soup to freeze and take with us when we leave in a week.  Nothing like a hot bowl of soup for lunch on long driving days.  Additionally, Joanne made a Shaggy Mane mushroom quiche for supper tonight.

This morning I downloaded, printed, reconciled, and paid our October MasterCard billing.  This afternoon I worked on some new computer file backup protocols.  Since
I have started using WINDOWS 10 I have decided to change the way I do monthly backups.

Tuesday ;  Sunny and cool.

We spent most of the day in Penticton running errands.  We left home about 11 AM and returned back home about 6 PM.  Of the three pet beds Joanne bought at Value Village today for Bo ( don't even ask ! ), he only likes one of them !  < sigh >

Wednesday ;  Gloomy, raining, chilly.

Marcie and Gord were at Penticton Hospital all day.  Gord was receiving another chemotherapy treatment.  So ... we took Ozzie for a couple of walks with Bo.  And Ozzie spent most of the day at our home.

This afternoon I went into town ( Keremeos ) to get a flu shot at the pharmacy.  Back at home I ( finally ) bought travel medical insurance.  I have been working intermittently on obtaining quotes, and procrastinating purchasing, for a few weeks already.  I am more than a little dismayed at the astounding increase in our premiums this year, especially mine ( increase by 4½ times ! ).  And I wanted to ensure that my pre-existing conditions met the 180 day stability requirements before purchasing.  Since I had received an angina diagnosis in late April, I waited until today to purchase the insurance, and now could truthfully claim 180 day stability.

Around ( other people's ) supper time we went to the pool for exercising.  As usual, Joanne on a treadmill in the fitness room, me doing pool walking.  Our evening was spent watching TV.  Wednesday evening is our TV night ; Code Black, Survivor, Chicago Med.

Thursday ;  Gloomy and chilly.

We have begun work in earnest preparing for departure next Tuesday.  Joanne is moving things into the camper.  ( How many pairs of shoes are you taking ? ? ? ! ! ! )  Today I worked on "paperwork", getting documents in order to facilitate border crossing, printing travel medical insurance documents, etc.  I cleaned and polished shoes.  HMPH !  I need some new shoes.  Maybe I can get some new SAS shoes on sale on Black Friday ?  Around supper time our neighbour / friend Jeanine and her little dog Charlie came over for a visit.

Friday ;  Sunny, chilly, a bit windy.

We continued to slowly prepare for departure on Tuesday.  Joanne continued to move things to the camper.  I did more "records keeping" and updating on the computer.  Medical files, financial files, etc.  You know ... OCD stuff.  HA HA HA !  We took Bo for a long walk around the RV park, enjoying the sunny weather.  Although ... it was colder than we had anticipated.  We met Gord's daughter from Saskatoon, who is here visiting for ... < raising eyebrows > ... less than one day !

Saturday ;  Cloudy and cold.

Joanne continued "moving" from the house to the camper, mostly kitchen and freezer stuff.  I did some home maintenance work.  I did some truck maintenance work. 
I trimmed Bo's dew claws.  We took Bo for a long walk ... twice.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment