Sunday, October 2, 2016

September 25 to October 1, 2016

Sunday ;  Sunny and mild.

Today I "dedicated" our RV park's dog park as the "Gordon ****** Memorial Dog Park".  I had two plaques made, and mounted them on both sides of the entrance gate to the dog park.  I invited Gord and Marcie to the dog park, and surprised them with this "dedication" ceremony.  I mistakenly believed that today was Gord's 75th birthday.  It wasn't !  Joanne had provided me with erroneous information.  His birthday is on Friday, the 30th.

Gord was responsible for the creation of our RV park's dog park.  He championed the idea, and when he finally got our homeowner's society to buy on, he made the project happen, including supervising the contractor who built it.  I wanted this community to remember him for that.  I was uncertain whether or not it made sense to create a "memorial" in his honour while he was still alive, but ... I didn't see any value for him if
I had waited until he was deceased.  So ... protocol be damned !

This afternoon I removed, repaired, and reinstalled the check valve plumbing underneath our home, to correct my assembly / installation errors of last week.  < sigh >

Monday ;  Sunny and warm, a bit windy.  Joanne made sun dried tomatoes in the Sun Oven today.

I had a phone meeting with my investment advisor this morning.  I made some phone calls to get quotes for travel medical insurance.  I made phone calls and exchanged e-mails regarding a complete Shaw Direct satellite TV system I am selling ; satellite dish, receiver and remote control, etc.  I made phone calls and exchanged e-mails with a potential trailer towing client, then spent quite a bit of time this afternoon working on details of the potential job.  I initially provided the potential client with an inaccurate
( low ) estimate.  DUH !  Bit of a brain fart !  I think I should refrain from making estimates, and just take whatever time is necessary to prepare a reasonable and accurate quote.  And even when I took the time to prepare what I thought was an accurate quote ... I discovered later that I had prepared a quote based on a Google Maps routing and mileage that took me on a gravel forest service road up and over a mountain, then down the ski resort access road on the other side of that mountain.  WELL !  I don't think so !  Not with a very heavy thirty-eight foot fifth wheel trailer ... that doesn't belong to me ! ! !  When I recalculated the routing to stay on "civilized" paved roads, even the "accurate" quote I provided turned out to be ... well ... less than it should have been !  And that "under charged" quote was way more than my initial estimate.  What a doofus !  < shaking my head in despair >

This afternoon when we took Bo to the dog park, an impromptu dog party developed.  Great !  Bo hasn't had a "dog party" in a long time.  He had fun ( and made a lot of noise ) with new friends Candy, Tika, and Sammy, all recent arrivals / new residents in our community.

I did some watering and gardening and harvesting.  Just about time to pull out our plants and gardens, I think.

Tuesday ;  Sunny, mild, windy.

This morning we headed to Penticton for a long, hard day of running errands.  And DanAir flight 430.  Joanne dropped me off at BP Aviation at the airport and she went shopping.  I prepared Cessna 172 C-GHBM and departed into winds that were at the limit of the aircraft.  < whispering > And perhaps a bit beyond when gusting.  I flew south over Skaha Lake, then followed Hwy. 3A to Keremeos, and the Similkameen River Valley to Riverside RV Park Resort where I did a very low pass, about 600 feet above the river, to view the park.  I climbed back up as I returned towards Keremeos, and flew back to Penticton.  It was a bumpy, turbulent flight through the valleys and over the mountains because of the winds.

DanAir flight 430 was my last flight of this year.  Perhaps ... my last flight ever. 
< shrug >  With my 62nd birthday less than two weeks away ... I am seriously considering "retiring" my private pilot's wings.

Wednesday ;  Sunny and warm.

I've been hired to do a long distance trailer tow job next week.  I spent much of today planning and preparing for that trip / job.

Yesterday I bought a fresh ( ? ) Coho Salmon at Superstore in Penticton.  This morning I filleted it, and cooked one fillet for supper tonight.  I think it was ... uhhhhh ... not fresh enough ! ! !  Joanne needs to go back to Penticton tomorrow to buy dog food that we should have bought yesterday.  I have asked her to see the Superstore manager tomorrow and request a refund.  Stay tuned !

Thursday ;  Sunny and mild.  Joanne left this morning for a day of shopping and errands in Penticton by herself.

I trimmed Bo's claws.  I took him for a walk, and returned some books to the library in our clubhouse.  After lunch I napped briefly then went fishing.  In the first hour of fishing I caught three Rainbow Trout and two Cutthroat Trout.  I released the smallest of the Rainbows.  In the second hour of fishing I caught ... absolutely nothing !  HMPH ! 
I think my fishing for this summer season is now finished.

I returned home about 5:30 PM, just as Joanne was also returning home.  She helped me clean and fillet the fish, then helped me do a job for the next door neighbours.  They bought a new television and asked me to remove their old TV and set up the new one.




Friday ;  Sunny and mild.  Happy 75th birthday to our ill next door neighbour Gord.

This morning our neighbour / friend Jeanine came over for a visit.  We sat outside at our picnic table and visited while enjoying the fine fall weather.  This afternoon Joanne did a lot of laundry.  I sharpened knives.  I polished shoes.  I did some indoor maintenance and cleaning work.  Joanne and I went for a long walk ( without Bo ) through the RV park, down by the river, through the park's burn pit and compost area, and out into the woods that are ( probably ) part of the large ranch next door.

Saturday ;  Mostly sunny and mild.

Early this morning Marcie knocked on our door to advise us that she was taking Gord to the emergency department of Keremeos Diagnostic & Treatment Centre.  He had been suffering with a persistent nosebleed during the night.  When they had not returned by noon we decided to check on them at the clinic as we ran some errands in town. 
< sigh >  Gord needed to go to Penticton Hospital for ( another ) blood transfusion.  I left Joanne at the clinic to drive them to Penticton Hospital and back.  As I type this at 10:30 PM Saturday night they have not yet returned home.

This morning I made some telephone calls then we went into town.  We bought some apples, and some wine for Thanksgiving.  Back at home I walked Bo and Ozzie, a couple of times throughout the afternoon, and worked on the neighbours' "classic" Mercedes-Benz convertible.  It has not been used for ten years or more, and has deteriorated into ... a near worthless piece of junk, in my opinion.

After supper I worked on month end banking statement reconciliations and investment updates and analysis.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment