Sunday, September 25, 2016

September 18 to 24, 2016

Sunday ;  Mostly sunny and mild.

Today may have been one of the last nice weather days of summer.  We enjoyed it with leisurely walking around the RV park with Bo, and relaxing in the dog park.

MMMMM !  That Nicola River large Cutthroat Trout we had for supper was good !

Monday ;  Chilly.  Rain in the morning.

This morning we drove into town ( Keremeos ) to run some errands.  By the time we returned home to Riverside RV Park Resort it was raining heavily.

We did a bit of gardening work.  We discarded some gardening refuse in the park's burn pile / compost pile area, and brought home some grass clippings for our composter.  We took Bo for a long leisurely walk around the RV park, and chatted with neighbours as we strolled.

In the evening we watched a documentary on the twenty year old JonBenét Ramsey murder case.

Tuesday ;  Sunny and cold.

Joanne left early this morning to take Gord and Marcie to Kelowna Hospital where they spent the day.  Gord had a chest x-ray and blood tests before having his chest tube removed.  They were home by suppertime.

This morning I took our home's large propane tank into town to have it refilled.  In the afternoon, after walking Bo and Ozzie, I did some vehicle preventive maintenance, then did some preparatory work for tomorrow's project.

In the evening we watched a documentary on Haida Gwaii.  It's really interesting to watch a documentary on a place that we so recently visited.

Wednesday ;
  Sunny and cold again.

I spent much of the day working on a plumbing project.  First I disassembled the water meter and check valve underneath our manufactured home, then we drove to Penticton so that I could buy some plumbing parts.  I dropped Joanne off at Superstore to do some grocery shopping while I went to refill the minivan with fuel, and to buy the plumbing parts I needed.  When I was finished I picked Joanne up at the grocery store and we drove home.

At home we had a very late lunch then I went to work underneath our home making a plumbing modification that ... hopefully ... will make the winterization process a bit easier.  When I was finished, and turned the water back on ... there was a tiny leak. 
I left it alone for now, and will check it in a few days to determine whether I need to fix it now, or can it wait until the winterization process on departure day ... usually
November 1.

In the evening, after a great supper of barbecued steak and our own garden's beans, we watched the season premiere of Survivor.

Thursday ;  Sunny but cool.

I went fishing this afternoon.  Caught one Rainbow Trout.  HMPH !  One little fish !  HMPH !  I cleaned it and gave it to our neighbour / friend Jeanine.

Joanne and I both worked on our ill neighbour's medical travel mileage and expenses records keeping.

Friday ;  Cold and raining all day.

I did some preventive maintenance on the truck this morning, and that led to a repair job.  Have I mentioned how much I hate working outdoors in cold rain.

At 3:30 PM Joanne and I loaded our next door neighbours into our minivan and headed to Penticton.  I dropped off Joanne, Gord, and Marcie at Penticton Hospital, then went to run some shopping errands while Gord had an ultrasound procedure.  After Gord was finished at the hospital ( about 5:30 PM ) we went to a Chinese buffet restaurant for an early ( for us, not them ) supper.  It was good to see Gord have an appetite tonight.  He has lost about sixty pounds in the five months that he has been ill.

Saturday ;  Mix of sun and clouds, cool.

This morning I did some annual home maintenance chores, and finished some truck preventive maintenance I had started yesterday.

This afternoon I did a maintenance project for our ill next door neighbour, another one of many I have done for them this summer.  Then I changed a valve extender on the truck.  There seems to have been an extremely slow leak on one of the truck tires for the last couple of months, and I am assuming / hoping that the valve extender was the problem.  Have I mentioned how much I hate changing a valve extender on a dually rear tire ? ! ?

In the evening we watched Little Miss Sunshine, an initially depressing but ultimately uplifting movie.  And I continued working online on obtaining travel medical insurance quotes.  My ( relatively ) new diagnosis of angina is going to have an extraordinary effect on the cost of my winter travel medical insurance ... this year and ongoing.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment