Sunday, September 11, 2016

September 4 to 10, 2016

Sunday ;  Mostly sunny nad mild.   HMPH !  Haven't done that ( "nad" ) for awhile !

This afternoon we finished washing the camper.  And Joanne worked on cleaning inside the camper.  I did some outside maintenance work.  I sharpened our axe.  I cut a board into levelling ramps ... for my trailer towing work.

Joanne did some online shopping for used items.  She found a wicker chair that she wants for our living room.  And a roll top desk for me.  The roll top desk was nearby, so we went to see it around suppertime.  Nice, but not worth what the seller wants for it.  The wicker chair is all the way in Westbank / West Kelowna, and I don't want to drive that far to look at a used chair.  I suggested to Joanne that she go by herself tomorrow or whenever she wants.

I ordered a $300 toaster online.  HA HA HA < SNORT > HA HA !  Usually we pay about eight bucks at Wal-Mart for a toaster.  Or less at a thrift store.  BUT ... we have 1859 AirMiles points that are going to expire at the end of the year, SO ... I wanted to find something to "buy" with those points we are going to lose.  Hence ... the 1850 AirMiles points / $300 toaster,  MAN ... it better be one hell of a toaster !  HA HA HA !

Nice supper !  Thick, marinated, barbecued steak, baked potatoes, Caesar salad.

Monday ;
  Mix of sun and cloud, mild temperature.

Today was another lazy day for me.  I watered our composters.  We went to visit our neighbour / friend Jeanine who has just returned from a week long trip to the Lower Mainland / Vancouver area to visit her daughters.  I had another unsatisfactory "Live Chat" ( an "instant messaging" type of texting interaction ) with Shaw Direct Technical Support regarding tomorrow's scheduled service technician visit.  I got a real snarky bitch on today's Live Chat.  You would think that when a service agent is on Live Chat and a printed record is kept of their interaction with an unhappy customer, they might refrain from being so snarky !  On the other hand ... who knows ?  Maybe she is planning to resign tomorrow ?

This afternoon Joanne continued cleaning the interior of the camper.  I picked beets in our garden.  Such as they were ... < rolling my eyes > !  Lot of "tops", not so much "bottoms".  We took Bo to the dog park.  I did some financial planning work online.  We drained and stored our bedroom evaporative / "swamp" cooler.

In the evening the Shaw Direct service technician phoned to discuss tomorrow's service appointment.  Good thing he was a lot more personable than "Barbara" on Live Chat. 
( I suspect that "Barbara's" real name is Sanjit and she lives in Bombay ).  He wanted to reschedule our appointment to Thursday.  Fine !  Joanne won't be happy.  She's already peeved that we have had only one hour of TV service since we returned from our Haida Gwaii trip eleven days ago.  And we will be missing tomorrow evening's episode of Amazing Race Canada.

Tuesday ;  Mostly cloudy and mild, partially clearing late in the afternoon.

Joanne went to Penticton this morning by herself to run errands.  And to go to Westbank / West Kelowna to see a used living room chair that she was interested in.  She bought it.

This afternoon I did some minor camper maintenance work.  I went fishing from 5 to 6 PM.  Caught seven, lost two at the net, released a Whitefish, kept four Rainbow Trout, three medium size and one large.  Another productive afternoon on the Similkameen ! 
I gave two of the Rainbow Trout to neighbours.  It was to assuage my guilt because ... last week I gave them a large Whitefish.  HA HA HA !  And I still feel guilt.  Because ... today I gave them the two Rainbow Trout ... uncleaned.  As in ... fresh ... whole ... right out of the Similkameen River.  I was feeling lazy and didn't want to clean all four fish.




Wednesday ;  Cloudy.  Cold.  Raining.  Gloomy !  Depressing !

This morning I had another aggravating phone call with the South Okanagan Health Centre / Keremeos Diagnostic & Treatment Centre, continuing my battle with them over assignment of a new family doctor.  It's amazing how effective a power monger / power abuser can be when she has a boss who is complicit by being an evader / abdicator ! 
I made an appointment for Friday with the newly arrived doctor in town, to discuss the matter further with him.  If that fails to resolve my problem ... I will be lodging a formal complaint with the BC Interior Health Office of Patient Care Quality.  G***** and P****, consider yourselves duly advised of my intentions !  And conduct yourselves accordingly !  Or get bit in the ass by your own actions ! ! !

This evening I cooked a large, lovely Rainbow Trout for supper by poaching it in coconut milk.  It wasn’t as good as I had hoped.  Oh, well ... < shrug > ... it seemed like a good idea !

Thursday ;  Mix of sun and clouds, mild temperature.

Well !  The long awaited satellite TV service technician visit took place today around noon.  And the "new" receiver box that we used for one hour nine days ago was not dead after all.  As I suspected might be the case.  There was "incompatibility" between the "new" HD receiver and the "old" / dual satellite dish LNB.  < rolling eyes > And how would a "normal" human being ever know that ? ! ?  The service technician installed a "new" triple satellite LNB on the end of our dish, made a few adjustments ... et voilà !

Joanne spent a good chunk of the afternoon programming our channel selections into the new remote control.  I spent a good chunk of the evening trying to get the new remote control to operate our TV ( on/off and volume ) as well as the receiver box.  Lots of learning curve for both of us.  Both of us succeeded !  Have I mentioned how much
I hate techno stuff ?

I did some minor maintenance on the minivan.  I removed and repaired / refurbished the camper's dinette table slide mechanism.  We took Bo to the dog park.  I sharpened knives.  I reconciled some August investment statements.

Friday ;  Sunny and mild in the morning, clouding over in the afternoon.  DARN !  Just before going into town this afternoon to run errands Joanne set up the Sun Oven and put a chicken dish into it.  By the time we returned home the sun was disappearing and the temperature inside the Sun Oven was falling.

We went into town and while I got a haircut and beard trim Joanne went to the local fruit stands to buy some produce.  After my haircut and beard trim she picked me up and we went to the Post Office to buy a stamp and post a letter, and then to refill our five gallon water jug.  She dropped me off at the South Okanagan Health Centre / Keremeos Diagnostic & Treatment Centre.  I had a doctor's appointment and ... I dropped off a "cease and desist" letter to the front desk clerk that I am having some problems with, along with a copy for her boss !  I have now escalated our pissing contest from verbal to written.  I hope that solves my problems there.

We returned home, took supper out of the Sun Oven and put it into the fridge, to be finished later in the oven in the house.  We both made some telephone calls, mostly continuing to play telephone tag with the people that we were trying to reach, and vice versa.

It's nice to have TV again, after about a month and a half without.  We had supper while watching TV, then blew off the evening binging on TV.

Saturday ;  Sunny and very warm, becoming windy in the evening.

We slept late this morning.  So late that ... we missed the earthquake !  < shrug >  So what !  Not my first earthquake !  HA HA HA !  And then ... not to put too fine a point on the pressures of our lifestyle ... we napped this afternoon.  HA HA HA HA HA !

I harvested tomatoes.  I did some other gardening.  We took Bo to the dog park.  I did some maintenance on the truck and minivan.  We took Bo for a walk.  In the evening we watched a rerun of last Tuesday's episode of Amazing Race Canada.  Joanne has really been missing access to TV !  Last night she binged on TV watching long after
I had gone to bed.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment