Sunday, September 18, 2016

September 11 to 17, 2016

Sunday ;  Mostly sunny and warm.

This morning I fabricated and installed a new insulated hood liner underneath the hood of the truck.  Joanne helped a lot.  This is the second time I have done this job.  I first fabricated an insulated hood liner for the truck about six or seven years ago, when
I realized that it would be futile to continue replacing the $150 factory hood liner made of some kind of quilted insulating material that the local pack rats like to shred for use as nesting material !

This afternoon I worked on the computer.  I barbecued Sockeye Salmon for supper, along with beets picked from our next door neighbours' garden this afternoon.  I spent the evening watching TV, including watching the movie "United 93" about ... < sigh > ... the hijacked 9/11 airliner brought down in a field in Pennsylvania.

Monday ;  Sunny and very warm.  Joanne cooked a beef pot roast in the Sun Oven today.

I watered our composters today.  I watered all our plants and gardens.  I sharpened knives.  I did "pet ear care".  Bo's ears are in excellent shape, clean and healthy.  We had our friend / neighbour Jeanine over for dinner tonight.

Tuesday ;  Sunny and very warm.

Joanne went to Penticton by herself this morning for a day of running errands.  Thank you, my dear, for doing that without me.  I had a lazy day of scattered activities and depression.  In the evening we watched the season finale of Amazing Race Canada.

Wednesday ;  Sunny and very warm.  Joanne cooked a chicken, apple, and rice recipe in the Sun Oven today.

She was scheduled to drive Gord and Marcie to Kelowna Hospital this morning for a medical procedure for Gord, but he was so sick that they rescheduled his appointment to tomorrow, and he spent the day at the Keremeos Diagnostic & Treatment Centre lying on a gurney being intravenously rehydrated.

This afternoon I went fly fishing.  Set a new personal best.  My limit of ( four ) Rainbow Trout caught in thirty-one minutes on the Similkameen River, beating my previous record by four minutes.  Too bad the fourth fish I caught was a Rocky Mountain Whitefish, and not a Rainbow Trout, or it would have been less than half an hour !
I fished for a total of an hour and a half, catching eleven fish ; ten Rainbow Trout and one Whitefish.  Another hot afternoon on the Similkameen !



We received an e-mail from the daughter of Rick and Debbie, who are "weekender" neighbours / friends of ours, from the Lower Mainland / Vancouver area, advising us that Rick has died.  We extend our sympathies to Debbie at this difficult time.

Thursday ;  Sunny and very warm.

Joanne took Marcie and Gord to Penticton Hospital today.  Gord required a blood transfusion.  They left very early this morning, at 7 AM.  Gord's transfusion was finished shortly after 3 PM, and they were back home by 4:30 PM.

I went fishing again this afternoon, for an hour and a half.  Caught four Rainbow Trout and one Cutthroat Trout.  Released one Rainbow that was too small too keep.  My fly fishing reel broke.  HMPH !  Perhaps Santa will bring me a new one for Christmas ?




Friday ;  Mix of sun and cloud, very warm.

This afternoon I puttered around with some fly fishing gear maintenance, then got "recruited" to do some golf cart maintenance for our ( ill ) next door neighbour.

Around suppertime I was taking some information I had printed off the Internet to our neighbour / friend Jeanine on the other side of the RV park, when I got sidetracked, chatting with someone else, and ... well ... you know ... I ended up an uninvited guest at an impromptu dinner party at yet another neighbour / friends' home.  I visited ( and ate escargots ... thank you, Kolly ) and returned home about four hours later.  Joanne had expected me to be gone for about ten minutes.  Yeah ... needless to say ... I was in a bit of trouble.

Saturday ;  Partially cloudy, cool, some light rain in the early afternoon.

I did a bit of maintenance work on the neighbours' ( decrepit ) golf cart.  I did a bit of maintenance on our house.  I did a lot of online research, researching consignment art sellers and travel medical insurers.  < sigh >  Having received a diagnosis of angina has radically increased my travel medical insurance quotes.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment