Sunday, July 2, 2017

June 25 to July 1, 2017

Sunday ;  Sunny and very hot.  Joanne cooked a cheesy meat sauce for Sloppy Joe's in the Sun Oven.
 
Once again today I was afraid to do much, for fear that the gout in my left foot would flare again.  Joanne did laundry.  We spent some time late in the afternoon floating around and cooling off in the swimming pool.

Monday ;  Cloudy and hot, becoming sunny and hot.  Joanne wanted to do some baking in the Sun Oven this morning, but there was no sun until afternoon.

This morning Joanne spray painted a picture frame.  She wanted to do it yesterday, but there was a slight wind all day.  So ... she did it first thing this morning, before there was any wind.  I did some online financial work, paying bills, entering pension deposits, etc.

This afternoon we weeded lot 79 ... again !  Third time in three weeks !  It's astounding how quickly the weeds sprout !  Initially Joanne thought I was overcharging the neighbours for weeding their lot.  She doesn't think that any more.  HA HA HA !  I read and napped and groomed Emma this afternoon.  Finished reading a depressing book.  We went to the swimming pool and floated around and cooled off and chatted with neighbours.

Before supper we took Bo for a walk, stopping at the mailboxes to check for mail, and stopping at the clubhouse to return a book to the library.  HMPH !  Mosquitoes !  This evening we watched the first two episodes of a new TV show called "Becoming Canadian".  It is the stories of immigrants becoming new Canadians.

I am very proud of Canadian social values.  And I am very proud to be a Canadian.

Tuesday ;  Sunny and very warm.  Joanne cooked a potato dish in the Sun Oven today to accompany the turkey sausage I barbecued for supper tonight.

This morning I received a phone call from a potential client about a fairly long distance two way trailer towing job from the Okanagan Valley to Vancouver Island in August, then back two weeks later in September.  It seems likely that he will hire me.

The neighbour who now owns our previous lot in this park came over today with a small batch of our mail.  < sigh >  It's embarrassing and frustrating to us that she still receives mail addressed to us four years after we left that address.  Included in that batch was Joanne's lost Elections BC paycheque.  Which already has a "stop payment" applied to it.  < sigh >

We drove into Keremeos to run errands.  Refill our home's forty pound propane tank at FasGas.  Buy fresh produce at Sanderson Farms.  Refill our five gallon water jug at the water refill machine in town.  Get some information at the local automobile insurance agency.  Pick up my prescription refills at Similkameen Pharmacy.  Sort out a problem at the Post Office.

This afternoon I worked on figuring out some details of the potential trailer towing job. 
I selected and sent an electronic greeting card to Joanne's sister for her birthday tomorrow.  I polished shoes.  We took Bo for a long slow walk around the RV park.  He met a new puppy in the park.  He chased a snake.  HA HA HA ... you go, Bo !  He met neighbours.

This evening I worked on prescription records keeping.  And I purchased British Columbia and Northwest Territory fishing licenses.

Wednesday ;  Happy 53rd Birthday to Joanne's sister Lorraine


The day started out sunny and warm, but slowly clouded over until it was completely overcast.  Around supper time it rained briefly.  Joanne put a wild rice dish in the Sun Oven this morning, but it became cloudy before the dish was cooked.  It had to be completed in the oven in the house.

I puttered around with some minor maintenance chores outside this morning.  I did a minor repair on the minivan.  I used my little air compressor to clean all the Cottonwood tree "fluff" out of the corners of the gazebo's screens.  I made phone calls to BC Pharmacare and Similkameen Pharmacy to rectify the pharmacy's errors in processing my prescription claims.  HMMMMM ... I wonder if Similkameen Pharmacy remembers that I first began to use their services a year ago when I became intolerant of Pharmasave making exactly the same kind of careless errors ? ! ?  Tomorrow I will have to drive into Keremeos to have an adjustment / refund made.  Have I mentioned how much I hate having my time wasted by other's errors ? ? ?

In addition to reading and napping this afternoon, I spent quite a bit of time on trip planning.  I was researching and making reservations for motels and ferries for a couple of trailer towing jobs to Vancouver Island and back in August and September.  Just before supper we took Bo for a long walk around the RV park.

Thursday ;  Sunny and hot.  Joanne cooked an apple and rhubarb crisp in the Sun Oven today.

This morning I drove into Keremeos to get a refund for the "small error" made on my recent prescription refills.  A hundred and eighty-five bucks worth of "small error" !  HMPH !  After returning home I trimmed Bo's dew claws.  By myself, no help from Joanne, she was busy in the kitchen.  Bo was a good dog, very co-operative.

After lunch we went to visit our neighbour / friend Jeanine, to arrange for her to clear our mailbox while we are away exploring the Northwest Territories.  Then she drove her car back to our place and I checked and topped up her automotive fluids.  I turned on the camper's battery power, turned on the propane, turned on the fridge, and began loading some travel stuff into the camper.  We're leaving on Monday after doing a trailer delivery job.  Joanne had a long telephone chat with her sister in Winnipeg.

I discovered a wasp nest in progress under our shed eave.  In the evening I sprayed it with insecticide.  DIE, YOU MISERABLE WASPS !  Did I just say that out loud ? ! ?
< blush >  Our Internet connectivity was working poorly tonight.  I wasted a lot of time trying to continue making ferry reservations for an August / September trailer towing job.  I now have two of the four ferry trips reserved.

Late in the evening Joanne treated both of us to "spa evening" using lotion filled plastic socks that she gave to me as a Christmas gift and an upscale "caviar and goose shit" facial mask that I gave to her as a Christmas gift.  The lotion filled plastic socks were not meant for extra wide male feet.  HA HA HA !  We had to tear them open to get them onto my feet !

Friday ;  Sunny and hot.

Today was another long, hot, hard day of running errands in Penticton.  That included Joanne's annual mammogram at Penticton Hospital.

Saturday ;  CANADA DAY ; Canada's 150th Birthday

Sunny and hot.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY / BONNE FÊTE CANADA !
  My goodness ... I vividly remember where I was ( Rushing River Provincial Park in Ontario ) and what I was doing
( unwisely capturing a large Painted Turtle with my little brother Russell ) fifty years ago on Canada's 100th birthday !

This morning we spent doing miscellaneous chores getting ready for our upcoming trip to the Northwest Territories.  Mid-afternoon we headed to Osoyoos for the Cherry Festival / Canada Day celebrations at Gyro Park on the Lake Osoyoos waterfront.  The entertainment and activities were disappointing.  After only about three hours we decided to return home.

Oh, well !  < shrug >  The weather was great, and it was a pleasant drive to Osoyoos and back.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment