Monday, November 20, 2017

November 12 to 18, 2017

Sunday ;  Cloudy, warm enough to melt most of the snow that fell last week.

Long walk, long nap, long walk, some household chores.  Currently the story of my life !

When I woke this morning my chest incision was bleeding.  It does that every few days, but today it bled / oozed a bit more than it usually does.  It seems that pockets of pus and blood form, and when they get large enough, they bust through the healing incision.

Monday ;  Partially sunny, cool.

We drove into town this morning to run some errands.  First stop was Westland Insurance where we renewed the minivan's registration and insurance.  Second stop was the Post Office.  HMPH ... closed today !  Then ... the grocery store, the pharmacy, and the Esso station, looking for the weekend Vancouver newspaper at all three businesses.  None had it.  HMPH !

Back at home we went for a long walk, I returned a book to the library, had a long nap after lunch, we went for another long walk before it got dark.  I spent the evening online exploring the concept of home exchange vacations.  HMMM ... interesting idea !

Tuesday ;  Cloudy, temperature in the low 40's.

In addition to my long walk, long nap, and second long walk ... I took a series of photos of the exterior of our home, and posted them to my new Home Exchange listing.

Wednesday ;  Cloudy, temperature in the low 40's again.

Long walk, nap, long walk.  Returned a book to the library and picked up a couple of books to read.  Made phone calls and sent e-mails.  Watched Survivor while having dinner.

Thursday ;  Sunny, temperature in the 40's.

This morning our neighbour / friend Jeanine came over for a visit.  Afterwards Joanne helped me take photos of the interior of our home, for me to post to our Home Exchange listing.  I did some preventive maintenance on the minivan and truck.

We drove into town ( Keremeos ) to buy a shipping box at the Post Office.  Ozzie and
I waited in the car while Joanne went into the grocery store.  Back at home, while Joanne did laundry, I napped with the animals.  Late in the afternoon and after supper
I worked on the computer, loading photos to our Home Exchange listing, paying bills, updating some medication records, reconciling bank statements.

Friday ;  post-operative 7 weeks

Mix of sun and clouds, cool.

We were up multiple times during the night to deal with Emma, who was sick and vomiting repeatedly.  Poor baby Emma.  She remained ill until this afternoon when she began to improve.  Hopefully she'll be fine by tomorrow.

The first time she vomited, I woke to the sound of her being sick beside my side of our bed.  I woke startled, and quickly leaned over the side of the bed to tend to Emma. 
I forgot that I now have a side rail on my side of the bed to assist me in getting in and out of bed.  I slammed my face into the side rail, smashing the bridge of my nose against the rail.  OUCH !  My nose is now swollen and bruised.

We took photos of our home's bedroom and bathroom.  I uploaded them to our Home Exchange listing, which is now ( more or less ) complete.  I prepared a package of Canada Day stuff to send to a neighbour at Kofa Ko-op, our RV park in Yuma, Arizona, for the first annual Canada Day at Kofa Ko-op in February.

My morning long walk set a new distance record, and ... with no rest stops.  I felt the need to achieve something more than before ... a new level of achievement.  Come to think of it ... that need has been a driving force throughout my life, I think.

Saturday ;
  Sunny, cold, windy.

Late this morning we headed into Keremeos.  First stop was the Post Office to mail a package to Yuma.  CLOSED !  Next was Pharmasave to buy a weekend Vancouver newspaper.  SOLD OUT !  What a wasted trip to town !  On the way back home we stopped at Sanderson Farms so that Joanne could buy some produce.

Partially due to the weather both of my walks today were shorter than yesterday. 
I checked our home's propane tank level, so now I know when I need to order a refill. 
I exercised our little generator.  I am unable to yank the generator's starter rope, and Joanne had a lot of difficulty yanking it hard and fast enough to start the generator, but finally got it done.  Thank you, my dear.  Good team work !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment