Sunday, December 10, 2017

December 3 to 9, 2017

Sunday ;  Mostly sunny, cold.  I enjoyed the sunshine.

Long walk, lunch, nap, long walk.  I updated some investment data.  I posted my weekly journal to my blog.  We experimented with changing Ozzie's feeding schedule and quantity.  He wasn't pleased !  I administered hairball medication to Emma.  She wasn't pleased !

Monday ;  Sunny and cold.

Joanne went to Penticton today for a day of running errands by herself.  I stayed at home with the animals.  I walked twice with Ozzie.  I napped with Emma.  I did some minor preventive maintenance work on Lanoire the truck and Elsie the camper.  I made phone calls, setting up appointments.

Tuesday ;  Penticton


Sunny and cold.

Drove to Penticton this morning.  Brought Ozzie with us.  I had an appointment at
12:15 PM at the cardiac rehabilitation gym for a physical assessment and orientation.  Joanne went to Value Village.  Afterwards we went to the food court at Cherry Lane Mall for lunch.  We refilled the minivan with fuel, bought some cat food at Total Pet, then took Ozzie to Anderson Animal Hospital for a dental assessment.  As we had expected, his teeth and gums are in atrocious condition, and he needs extensive work.  Today's examination and blood tests cost $260, and his dental work will be a minimum of a thousand dollars ! ! !  We arrived back home about 4:00 PM, and immediately went for a long walk with Ozzie.  By the time we were finished our walk around 4:30 PM it was already dark outside.

Wednesday ;  Mostly sunny and cold.

Long walk, nap, long walk.  Phone calls.  Spoke to Ozzie's veterinarian.  She phoned with the results of his blood tests.  He is healthy enough to tolerate general anaesthesia.  SO ... he will be receiving a Christmas present of $1200 worth of dental work, plus the $260 paid yesterday, for a total of around $1500 !  His long life of no health care leaves me angry at our former next door neighbours / his previous caregivers.

MMMMM ... my favourite recipe for dinner tonight.  Survivor afterwards.

Thursday ;  Kelowna


Gloomy !  We were up early this morning in order to be able to leave home at 8:45 AM heading for Kelowna, and my appointment with my cardiothoracic surgeon for a "two months after surgery" check up.  We arrived in Kelowna a bit quicker than expected, so before going to see the doctor we found our way to Summit Tools to buy me a couple of advertised specials as Christmas gifts.  Thank you, Santa !

We returned to Kelowna General Hospital and at 11:30 AM we met with the cardiothoracic surgeon who performed my triple bypass surgery almost ten weeks ago.  He examined me, and asked me a lot of questions, and gave me adequate time and attention to ask my many questions.  Except for a bit of a fluid retention issue, my healing and recuperation are progressing very well, in his opinion.  That's reassuring.  He ended our appointment by stating that he hopes never to see me again.  HA HA
HA !

He cleared me to resume driving, so I drove home from Kelowna.  The last time I drove was when we drove to Kelowna for my angiogram more than ten weeks ago !  I am grateful to Joanne for bearing the burden of doing all the driving for the last ten weeks.  BUT ... I am also very glad to not be her passenger any more !  No offence, my dear.

We stopped at Superstore in West Kelowna / WestBank.  While Joanne went into the store to buy a couple of grocery items I went to the fuel bar and refilled the minivan with fuel.  Back at home at 2:30 PM we had a very late lunch, then I napped for awhile before we went for a walk with Ozzie, with a stop at the home of our neighbour / friend Jeanine for a brief visit.

Friday ;  post-operative 10 weeks

Gloomy.  Cold.  < sigh >

This morning I headed into Keremeos, driving myself.  WOO-HOO !  I stopped at Similkameen Pharmacy to drop off some new prescriptions to be filled, then drove to Autumn Rain Hair Design for a haircut and beard trim.  After my haircut and beard trim ... and telling Sarah all about my heart and dog drama of late September / early October ... I returned to the pharmacy, picked up my prescriptions and drove back home.

Lunch.  Nap.  Visit from neighbour / friend Jeanine.  We visited with Jeanine over a cup of tea, then I and Ozzie walked her back home at dusk ( 4:30 PM ) while Joanne went to deal with laundry.





Saturday ;  Gloomy.  Very cold.

So cold that my two long walks became a short walk and a shorter walk !  I took some books back to the library.  We cleaned and treated Ozzie's ears.  One ear is 100% good, and the other is about 99% okay.  It's a constant battle to keep his chronic ear infections at bay.  I did some prescription records keeping and accounting.  I trimmed my moustache and eyebrows, something my Canadian hair stylist doesn't do.  My Mexican hair stylist does !  I did some research on an online program designed by the University of Regina for cardiac patients with depression and/or anxiety.  I don't qualify.  HMPH !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment