Sunday, December 3, 2017

November 26 to December 2, 2017

Sunday ;  Mostly cloudy, cool, very windy.

This afternoon I watched the Grey Cup, Canada's football championship game, for the first time in fourteen years.  Before the game we drained Ozzie's anal glands, then gave him a bath.  I updated some investment data, and posted my weekly journal to my blog.  AND ... baked some Bits & Bites mix to eat during the game.  AHHHHH ... nostalgia !  Too bad the Argonauts won the game.

Late in the evening we watched "A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas".  HA HA HA
< SNORT > HA HA !

Monday ;  Sunny and cold.  But most importantly ... sunny !

My two walks today were long, quick paced, no rest stops.  I felt strong.

I cleaned and polished shoes today.  I made a veterinarian appointment for Ozzie to have a dental assessment.  I cancelled our Home Exchange listing and account.  I think I would rather try an RV exchange website.  I updated some financial data.  After 13½ years of unemployment ... we're doing pretty well !

Tuesday ;  Cloudy and cold, intermittent drizzle.

We left home at noon, heading for Penticton, and my early afternoon appointment to have my first of two assessments for admission to the cardiac rehabilitation program in Penticton.  Joanne dropped me off at the medical building then went grocery shopping.  Today's meeting with a nurse struck me as mostly a waste of time.  She took a bit of a medical history, reviewed my medications, and assessed my recuperation to date.  She discovered that the bottom of my left lung is not inflating as it should.  HMPH !  After all that hard work !  I suppose I will have to increase my deep breathing exercises.  My blood pressure certainly has lowered since my bypass surgery !  We were finished in Penticton at 2:30 PM.  On the way back home we stopped in Keremeos to refill our five gallon water jug.  As soon as we got back home, about 4 PM, we went for a long walk with Ozzie.  My goodness, it certainly is getting dark early, especially on cloudy, gloomy days.

Wednesday ;  Cloudy, cold, windy.

Long walk, nap, long walk ... squabble, bicker, squabble.

Thursday ;  Cloudy, cold.

Long walk, nap, long walk.  AND ... download month end bank statements and investment updates.  AND ... reconcile bank statements and investment updates.
I have increased my deep breathing exercises.  Which has made it obvious that ...
I need to increase my deep breathing exercises !

Friday ;  post operative 9 weeks


Cloudy and cold.  I guess that's what winter is here !

Changed all the calendars, did some first of the month accounting and bill paying, long walk, nap, another long walk.  After an early supper we drove to Penticton for an evening performance by Many Hats Theatre Company of the play "A Nice Family Gathering".  Good play ... well done !  We arrived back home at 11:20 PM.

Saturday ;
  Cloudy ... low ceiling ... gloomy ... cold ... big, wet snowflakes falling in the evening.

This morning we headed into town ( Keremeos ) to run some errands.  As always ... PharmaSave was sold out of the weekend Vancouver Sun before noon.  I suppose
I should give up on the idea of buying the weekend Vancouver Sun.  Joanne bought some coinage at Valley First Credit Union.  Then some produce at Sanderson Farms before heading home.

Long walk, lunch, nap, long walk.  Beef Stroganoff for dinner.  MMMMM !  Well done, my dear.  Saturday Night Live in the evening.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment