Sunday, March 18, 2018

March 11 to 17, 2018

Sunday ;  Sunny and ... warm ?  Well, not exactly warm, but ... you know ... improving !

We slept very late this morning.  Then had a lazy day.  I reset clocks ... < rolling
eyes > ... did some very minor maintenance on the truck, we went for a couple of long walks with Ozzie, and I spent way too much time standing around outside chatting with neighbours.  In the evening I began working on our income tax returns.

Monday ;  Sunny and ... mild ?  Feels somewhat like spring !

Today we sadly remember Sully the cat, who died three years ago at 18½ years of age.  I'd better go and give sick ( but improving ) Emma an extra hug !

This morning I prepared a trailer towing quote, the third quote, each to a different destination, for the same individual, in the last week.  After this third quote, I expected him to hire me to tow his trailer this coming weekend.  And by 8:30 PM tonight, I still had not heard back from him yet.  HMPH !

This afternoon we went to the swimming pool and did cardiac rehabilitation aquatic exercises.  In the evening I worked on preparing our income tax returns.

Tuesday ;  Sunny, cool.

Another lazy day.  I finally heard from my potential trailer towing client, who postponed his ( maybe ) trailer move for a week.  This morning I did regular weekly pet dental and ear care.  When we went for a long walk with Ozzie I returned a book to the library in the lodge and picked up a couple of new books to read.  In the evening I continued working on our income tax returns.

Wednesday ;
  Light rain until mid-afternoon.

This morning we drove into Keremeos to buy some coinage at the credit union.  In the afternoon Joanne did laundry, and our neighbour / friend Jeanine and her little dog Charlie came over for a visit.  In the evening I did a bit more work on our income tax returns.  I've done as much as I can until I receive a few more tax information slips.  Joanne made my favourite dinner which we ate while watching Survivor and 9-1-1.

Thursday ;  Sunny and cool.

After lunch we headed to Penticton, to attend the monthly Kitchen Stove Film Series foreign art film.  Today's movie was "Visages, Villages" translated as "Faces, Places", a movie made in France.  Very interesting documentary.  After the movie we went to Canadian Tire to buy an item, then refilled the minivan with fuel before going to Joey's Seafood Only Restaurant for dinner.

Friday ;  Sunny and cool ... spring is arriving.

This morning we trimmed Emma's claws.  HMPH ... unhappy cat !  This afternoon we went to the swimming pool to do cardiac rehabilitation aquatic exercises.  HMPH ... hard work !  This evening I used the barbecue to cook supper for the first time since last summer.  AHHHHH ... great barbecued chicken !

I prepared another trailer towing quote today.  Lots of trailer towing "tire kickers" lately, an annual, early spring phenomenon.  People have this ludicrous expectation that they can hire someone to tow their trailer for less money than it would cost if they did it themselves !  HA HA HA !  Good luck with that !

Saturday ;  St. Patrick's Day

Mostly sunny, cool, windy.  We got some spring outdoor work done today.  And while polishing our winter boots prior to storing them I had a liquid shoe polish "malfunction".  F*** ! ! !  Looks like my red jacket is ruined now !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment