Sunday, March 11, 2018

March 4 to 10, 2018

Sunday ;  Cloudy and cold, snowing in late afternoon.

Emma is sick !  Either she has an upper respiratory infection or ... < sigh > ... she has aspiration pneumonia.  Caused by me administering medications to her via syringe. 
< sigh >  I'm very worried about Emma and feeling sick with guilt over the possibility that I may be responsible for her illness.

This afternoon I resumed caulking work on the leaking shower enclosure.  I feel in over my head on this project !

I posted my weekly journal to my blog.  I reconciled our month end bank statements and updated investment files.

Monday ;  Penticton

Cloudy, temperature at freezing level.

After an early lunch I left for Penticton, for my twenty-eighth ( of thirty ) cardiac rehabilitation session.  For the first time since I started the cardiac rehabilitation program, Joanne did not come to Penticton with me.  When I was finished at the gym
I went to an automotive specialty shop to enquire about upgraded headlights for the truck.  Driving in the dark on the way to and from Prince George ... I couldn't see squat !

In the evening I prepared Joanne's Old Age Security pension application form.  It can now be submitted, eleven months before her sixty-fifth birthday.  And I prepared and submitted another quote for a long distance trailer towing job, this one to be done near the end of the month.

Emma is still quite ill with what we are convinced is an upper respiratory viral infection.

Tuesday ;  Sunny, temperature slightly above freezing.

This morning I drove into Keremeos to get a haircut and beard trim.  Before returning home I went to the Post Office to buy postage.  Back at home I brushed Ozzie's ( few remaining ) teeth and cleaned and treated his ears.  I seem to have eliminated his chronic ear infections, at least temporarily.  Emma is still ill, but seems to be slowly improving.  < sigh >  Wish us luck !

Wednesday ;  Penticton


Sunny, temperature around freezing.

Early this afternoon I headed to Penticton, for my second last cardiac rehabilitation session.  Joanne stayed home, nursing a backache.  While at my fitness session, I was asked to do my end of program evaluation with one of the physiotherapists.  And I was put on the schedule to attend the cardiac rehabilitation "reunion", a group medical evaluation session held about three months after "graduating" from this "heart attack school" as it in known by some of its attendees.  Friday will be my thirtieth and final session of cardiac rehabilitation.

Before leaving Penticton I went shopping for headlights at Lordco, an automotive parts store.  I was back home just in time for the 5:30 PM newscast.  After supper we watched Survivor and 9-1-1.

I just finished taking Ozzie for his bedtime walk ( at 10:30 PM ).  HA HA HA ... you should have seen the beeline he made for home, with his tail tucked between his legs, when a nearby pack of coyotes began to howl !

Thursday ;  Cloudy, windy, cold.

Joanne's backache is slightly improved today thanks to drugs.  Emma's upper respiratory infection / "kitty cat cold" is slightly improved today thanks to drugs.  We had a lazy day.  I did some online shopping ... and purchasing ... of automotive parts. 
I retrieved income tax receipts in order to start preparing our income tax returns.  And
I began to monitor and record my fluid intake, after having a discussion yesterday with the nutritionist at the cardiac rehabilitation program about my ongoing edema ( fluid retention ) problem.

Friday ;  Penticton

Sunny, temperature above freezing.

At 12:45 PM we left home, drove to Keremeos, refilled our five gallon water jug, then headed to Penticton for my thirtieth and final cardiac rehabilitation session.  Congratulations, Daniel !  You are now a graduate of "heart attack school".  HA HA
HA !  While I was at the gym ... for the last time ... Joanne went grocery shopping at Superstore, then refilled the minivan with fuel before picking me up at 3:45 PM.  We went shopping at Wal-Mart before returning home.

After a supper of perogies, we watched a documentary on the life and career of Eric Clapton.  How the hell did he survive all that booze and drugs ? ! ?

Saturday ;  Sunny, temperature above freezing.

Repaired our doorbell.  Did some minor preventive maintenance on the minivan and truck.  Went for a long walk, partially to exercise Joanne's sore back.  Visited briefly with our neighbour / friend Jeanine this afternoon.  Went out for supper to Benja Thai in Keremeos to celebrate my completion of the cardiac rehabilitation program.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment