Sunday, November 18, 2018

November 11 to 17, 2018

Sunday ;  Penticton ;  Remembrance Day

LEST WE FORGET !

Sunny and cold.

We left home this morning at 10:30 AM and drove into Keremeos to attend the Remembrance Day ceremony in Memorial Park.  After the ceremony ended around 11:30 AM we headed for Penticton.  First errand in Penticton was to refill the truck with diesel fuel.  Next errand was to wash the truck.  When those tasks were done we went to The Cannery to attend the Many Hats Theatre production of "On A First Name Basis".  It was a very good play !

After the play ended around 4:30 PM we went grocery shopping at Superstore.  Our initial plan was to then go to La Casa Ouzeria for dinner, but ... we changed our minds at the last minute.  When the grocery shopping was finished, it was still too early for dinner, so ... we headed for home.  We left Penticton at 5:30 PM and were back home at 6:30 PM.

Too bad we changed our minds about having dinner at La Casa Ouzeria !  The pizza that we had for supper at home was ... not great !

Monday ;
  Sunny and cold.  But ... sunny !  I can handle the cold.  What I can't handle is "gloomy" !

Today's priority was to install the camper onto the truck.  Did that !  Then I visited with the new owners / residents of our original lot 89.  Yesterday he had asked to meet with me to discuss my trailer towing "business".  He needs more income than his current business is providing.  And he has a near new ( gorgeous ) Dodge one ton diesel dually that is doing nothing to "earn its keep".

At supper time we went to the pool and did an exercise session.  After supper I went online to pre-order a Black Friday advertised laptop computer.  WHAT ? ! ?  It's no longer available ? ? ? ! ! !  F*** ! ! !  It was available yesterday !  And the day before
that !  And the day before that ! ! ! ! !

Tuesday ;  Sunny and cold.

Today was a pretty lazy day for me.  I did a very small amount of preventive maintenance on the truck, then spent the rest of the day indoors, reading, napping, and planning our American Thanksgiving / Black Friday travel and shopping itinerary.  Two versions ; plan A ( Eugene, Oregon ) and plan B ( Medford, Oregon ).

Before doing laundry Joanne went into town to exchange a roll of coinage at the credit union.  Last week she bought a roll of Loonies ( 25 x $1 coins ) to use in the laundromat.  The roll, labelled as Loonies, was actually a roll of mislabelled Twonies
( 25 x $2 coins ).  The credit union appreciated her honesty.  Well done, my dear !  You obviously have more ethics than me.  < whispering >  I would have taken the $25 windfall !

Wednesday ;  Penticton 

Cloudy and cold.

We spent the day in Penticton, running errands.  Our last trip to Penticton this year.  On the way to Penticton we stopped in Keremeos.  While Joanne refilled our five gallon water jug I had a brief meeting with my mechanic about the ( second ) new starter in the truck.

We returned home around 4:30 PM.  It was almost dark.  After supper we watched Survivor.

Thursday ;  Sunny and cold.

Another somewhat lazy day for me.  I'm just killing time until we depart next Tuesday.
I did some trip planning.  We went to the pool for an exercise session around supper time.  I filled out GIS forms to determine our eligibility.  It appears as if Joanne will be eligible for a GIS of less than $100 per month for the nine months between her 65th birthday and mine.

Friday ;  Mix of sun and clouds, cool.

We both worked slowly on pre-departure preparations today.  I did more filling out of OAS and GIS forms today.  HMPH ... lots of "jumping through hoops" to get our pensions.  We trimmed Emma's and Ozzie's claws.  I paid some bills online.
I downloaded and reconciled our Bank of America account statement.

Saturday ;
  Sunny and cool.

We're getting so close to departure I can taste it !  Can you tell how eager I am to leave here ? ! ?

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment