Sunday, November 11, 2018

November 4 to 10, 2018

Sunday ;  Sunny and cool, a fairly nice, late fall day.  I've been missing sunny days.

This afternoon I winterized the water system in the camper.  AND ... the valves that are the main parts of the water heater bypass kit that I installed during the summer ... did not work as they should.  HMPH !  Did I install something incorrectly ?  Backwards / upside down ?  The answer to those questions won't be known until next summer, when I dismantle and check the water heater bypass kit components.

Monday ;  Cloudy and cool.

Fall pre-departure preparations continue.  I finished sorting out my medications ; how much to put into the camper, how much to leave at home.  More complicated than it sounds !  I did some 2019 budgeting work.  Think I got that sorted out, as well.  Did some research on U.S. auto insurance, for our Oldsmobile Bravada in Yuma.  HMPH !  The insurance company I used last year ... ( Progressive ) ... applies a surcharge for "foreign" drivers.  Did I not notice that last year, or is that new this year.  I had repeated phone calls with my auto mechanic regarding the new, misbehaving starter in the truck.  He has diagnosed it, and agrees with me that it is not functioning properly.  We have decided to replace it with a better ... and of course, more expensive ... starter from a different supplier.

Around supper time we went to the pool to do a cardiac exercise session.  BUT ... maintenance had been done on the swimming pool and the water was cold.  So we skipped the exercising and went for a short soak in the hot tub.  Or, more realistically ... the tepid tub !

Tuesday ;  Penticton

Low ceiling overcast, gloomy, cold, raining all day.  YUCK !

Today was another long day of running errands in Penticton.

After arriving back home around 6 PM we had supper and spent the evening watching the U.S. mid-term election results.  What a disappointment !  After two years of Trump, there is still that much support for the Republicans ? ! ?  It suggests to us that we really have little to no common values with our "friends" and neighbours in our winter home community in Yuma, Arizona.  Who ... like us ... are all old, white, and affluent.

Wednesday ;  Sunny and cold, first below freezing temperatures of the season.  Which is why I had to winterize the camper a few days ago !

I finished converting all of the lighting in our home to LED bulbs.  Expensive initially, but cheaper in the long run.  I converted all the lighting in our fifth wheel trailer to LED more than five years ago.  And I converted all the lighting in the camper to LED when we purchased it almost five years ago.

I set up appointments with our dentist and periodontist in Mexico.  I prepared / obtained  automobile insurance online quotes for our car in Yuma.  Last year I insured with Progressive, and it seems as if I will be doing the same this year.  I prepared / obtained more travel medical insurance online quotes, looking for an alternative to MEDIPAC for next year.  I retrieved and reconciled October's investment statements.

For the second night in a row, I prepared supper, and ... botched it !  Zero for two ! ! !  Tried something new with perogies yesterday.  Botched it !  Tried something new with Rainbow Trout tonight.  Botched it !  Think I'll lick my wounds and stay out of the kitchen for awhile !  Maybe forever !  HA HA HA !

HEY ... it worked with laundry !  I f***ed up doing the laundry so many times more than forty years ago I haven't had to / been allowed to do it ever since.  HA HA HA !

Thursday ;  Sunny and cold.  Had to retrieve my toque and gloves from the camper.

At Ozzie's noon time walk we took him to the dog park.  While Joanne stayed in the dog park with him, I returned a book to the library.  When I came back and opened the dog park gate to enter ... ZOOOOOM !  Ozzie decided it was time for lunch, and ... he headed for home !  HEY !  BAD DOG, OZZIE !  My "recall" efforts were to no avail.  Ozzie's deaf !  HA HA HA !  He ran quickly, all the way home, then waited impatiently at the door, barking to be let in and fed lunch.  I wonder who he thought was going to open the door, let him in, and feed him lunch ?  Emma ? ? ?   HA HA HA ... dog logic !

Friday ;
  Low clouds, chilly, snowing heavily in the morning.  < sigh >  Winter is here !

We visited with our neighbour / friend Jeanine.  Twice today !  In the morning, and again around supper time.  The second time we went over to her place, at supper time, it was to remount a window valance, at her request.  In between those two visits with Jeanine, we went into town / Keremeos.  We refilled our five gallon water jug, then while Joanne went to the grocery store to buy an item, I went to Total Performance Automotive to pick up the truck, now with a new starter ... again.  Let's hope this new starter is better than the first one !

Joanne complained last night at bed time that she was out of supper ideas.  So ...
I offered to decide what to make for tonight's supper, and ... to make tonight's supper.  Am I a good husband or what ? ! ?  HA HA HA !

< whispering >  PSSST ... my "creation" wasn't anywhere near as good as I thought it would be !  HA HA HA !

Saturday ;  Mix of sun and cloud, cool temperature.

I did some minor maintenance on the truck this morning, then Joanne helped me remove the fifth wheel hitch from the bed of the truck, and store it in our shed.  In the afternoon I did quite a bit of "Black Friday" online shopping for a new laptop.  And
I made a decision about what I want, and where to get it.  I also downloaded, printed, and filled out my Old Age Security pension application forms.  I can't submit them until December 1, but ... they're ready to go !  We'll likely arrive in Yuma on November 30, and I'll mail them the next day.  At supper time we went to the pool for an exercise session.  After a late supper we ended the day by watching Saturday Night Live.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment