Sunday, February 10, 2019

February 3 to 9, 2019

Sunday ; Sunny and mild, a bit windy. Joanne roasted a chicken in the Sun Oven today. Emma thought it was wonderful ! HA HA HA !

This morning I dismantled and cleaned the camper fridge’s igniter and burner manifold. YIKES ! I think the last time I did this was shortly after we bought the camper … a bit more than five years ago ! This afternoon I watched the Super Bowl. In the evening I worked on updating investment files with end of January data.

Monday ; Sunny and mild, a bit windy.

After much tossing and turning I got out of bed late last night and composed a letter to both the managers of our RV park and the Board of Directors regarding a troubling “neighbour dispute” with the occupant of the storage yard space next to mine. < mumbling quietly > Stupid old battleaxe !

I hand delivered the two copies of the letter this morning.

After lunch we went shopping for a couple of RV repair items I need. The nearby RV parts dealer lived up to their reputation today. Four staff members on duty today … all clueless ! ! ! We drove all the way across town to another RV parts dealer, a “Mom & Pop” outfit owned by a couple who look to me to be in their eighties. With a dusty, poorly lit, disorganized shop, more like a hoarder’s place than a retail business. They had one of the two items I needed. < sigh > How could a city like Yuma, with about 90,000 “winter visitors” each year, many of them living in RV’s, not have a decent RV parts dealer ? ! ? 
< sigh > Why did Al’s RV Supplies go out of business last summer ? ? ?

We also stopped at Goodwill and Wal-Mart looking for a microwave oven for the trailer. Nothing at Goodwill. Bought one at Wal-Mart. It will fit the opening in the wall, but is not exactly the right dimensions to fit the old microwave’s bezel that goes around it. Wish me luck !

When we got home I checked the air pressure in the truck’s two tires on which I replaced the 135 degree valve adapters. < sigh > One of them has lost much air pressure. < bigger sigh > I’ll change that adapter again, probably tomorrow.

In the evening I worked on setting up 2019 investment files.

Tuesday ; Sunny, mild, a bit windy.

Oh … great ! Trump’s State Of The Union is starting now < rolling my eyes > !

WHEW ! Eighty minutes !

This afternoon I did some repairs and preventive maintenance in the camper and on the truck. Just before barbecuing lamb chops for supper I began installing the new microwave in the trailer. It will require some MacGyvering / custom modifications to make the trim plate fit.

Wednesday ; Sunny, cool, windy.

This afternoon we did a volunteer shift at the Humane Society. After walking four large, unruly dogs I was tired so I went to the cat wing to “rest”. Joanne assigned me to “cuddle” Kratos, who has not been drinking or eating. Well ! I made quite an accidental discovery. AND … by the time I was finished “cuddling” Kratos, she was drinking and eating. She has not been interacting with other volunteers, including Joanne, but … she really liked me ! HA HA HA … or to be more specific … she really liked that I smelled so strongly of “dog”. She REALLY liked the smell of my dog walking leash that was draped around my neck. She dislikes other cats, and being in the cat wing is very upsetting to her. Nobody realized that while she dislikes cats … she seems to quite like dogs ! Joanne checked her records and found that her last home had dogs, so … < shrug > … !

Good luck, Kratos. I hope you get adopted soon.

Thursday ; Sunny, chilly. Joanne cooked a Saskatoon ( berry ) cake in the Sun Oven today.

Around lunch time a couple from Chilliwack, BC ( in the summer ) / El Centro, California ( in the winter ) showed up to buy one of the items I have advertised for sale in the White Sheet. We spent way too much time chatting with them in our Arizona room. Well … at least they bought the item !

With Joanne’s help I finished installing the new microwave in the trailer late this afternoon. As expected, it took a lot of “custom modifications” to make the trim panel fit. As soon as that was finished we left to go downtown to Historic Yuma Theatre for the monthly foreign art film. It was a Japanese crime drama, and was very different from “Hollywood” / North American crime drama movies. On the way into the theatre we ordered two pizzas from a nearby upscale Italian restaurant, to be picked up after the film ended.

The pizzas were not very good, and certainly not worth anywhere near the prices paid ! ! !

Friday ; Sunny and cool.

This morning I made some phone calls to set up medical appointments back home in BC in the spring. After lunch Joanne went grocery shopping by herself. I glue repaired the frame of her prescription sunglasses. I mixed up a batch of Ozzie’s ear drops solution. I walked to the storage yard and checked the air pressure on the truck’s tire with the new valve adapter. So far, so good ! And I spent much of the afternoon and evening working on financial planning and budgeting.

Saturday ; Cloudy and chilly.

Today we looked after Hooch, our friends’ Shih Tzu. Richard brought Hooch over at … wait for it … 6:30 AM … and took him home at 8:30 PM. Emma was a bit anxious about Hooch’s presence, for the first few hours, but eventually she relaxed. By late afternoon they were sleeping together on our bed. I think that was more Hooch’s idea than Emma’s. HA HA HA !

I spent the day working ( again ) on financial planning and budgeting. It’s complicated ! I think I’m finished … for now.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment