Sunday, March 17, 2019

March 10 to 16,2019

Sunday ; Cloudy and mild.

Today was March 10. Otherwise known as 3/10. SO … we went to see the movie 3:10 To Yuma. Twice ! HA HA HA !

This morning I took care of routine household chores. This afternoon I worked for a short time on my Arizona room exterior moulding replacement project. At 3 PM we retrieved the truck and camper from the storage yard, loaded supper into the camper fridge, and bringing Ozzie with us, left for Historic Downtown Yuma. In recognition of today being 3/10 Historic Yuma Theater was presenting the 1957 version of “3:10 To Yuma” at 4 PM, and the 2007 version of “3:10 To Yuma” at 7 PM. I wanted to see both versions, but we didn’t want to leave Ozzie alone at home from 3 PM until 10 PM, so … we took him on a “camping trip”. Or so Ozzie thought. HA HA HA !

We parked in the City Of Yuma parking lot near the theater, attended the 1957 version at 4 PM, then returned to the camper to walk and feed Ozzie, and make supper for ourselves. After supper we returned to the theater to attend the 2007 version at 7 PM. Joanne thought the 1957 version was stupid. She thought the 2007 version was spectacularly stupid. HA HA HA ! No wonder we attend foreign art films ! HA HA HA < SNORT > HA HA !

Why is it that a movie made in 1957 has clear, understandable dialogue, and a movie made in 2007 has so much mumbling and whispering and musical track overlay that we can’t understand what is being said much of the time ? ! ? Could it be because Glenn Ford ( 1957 ) enunciates clearly and Russell Crowe ( 2007 ) mumbles ? ? ? HA HA HA !

When we arrived back home around 10 PM Ozzie seemed to think that our camping trip seemed awfully short. HA HA HA !

Monday ; Cloudy and cool in the morning, cold and raining in the afternoon.

This morning I got a small amount of work done on the Arizona room exterior moulding replacement project. In the afternoon Joanne went off to run some errands by herself. Since it was cold and raining … I just napped with the animals. < shrug >

Tuesday ; Intermittent light rain, cold, until mid-afternoon, then clearing and warming.

Late this morning Joanne went to run some errands by herself. She was upset because yesterday she lost her notepad while shopping, and the last place she remembered having it was at Fry’s. So she was eager to return to Fry’s to see if it had perhaps been turned in to their “lost and found”. It had ! I stayed home to meet with a couple from Colorado who were coming over to see the fifth wheel hitch I have advertised for sale. They didn’t buy it, but … we had a pleasant visit. HA HA HA !

Late in the afternoon after it had stopped raining I resumed working on the Arizona room moulding replacement project. I got quite a bit of work done, removing most of the old moulding and caulking.

Wednesday ; Sunny, mild, a bit windy.

This morning I worked briefly on the Arizona room moulding replacement project. I did not accomplish much. This afternoon we went to the Humane Society for our regular weekly shift of dog walking and cat cuddling. After walking a few large unruly dogs I went to the cat wing to rest by doing some cat cuddling. HMPH ! Got bit ! ! ! ****ing cats ! I should have stayed with the pit bulls ! HA HA HA ! What an amateur, eh ?

So now … I suppose I’ll have to watch closely to ensure no signs of cat scratch fever ! HA HA HA ! First bout of cat scratch fever more than twenty-five years ago ( thanks a lot, Toby ) put me in the hospital for a couple of days.

After we returned home, and walked Ozzie, we gave him a bath. What a stinky little dog ! How does a pampered little pooch who’s bathed every three weeks get that stinky ?

Thursday ; Sunny, mild, windy. Joanne baked a chicken recipe in the Sun Oven today.

This morning I made some phone calls, and took care of routine household chores. In the afternoon I worked on the Arizona room exterior moulding replacement project, getting quite a bit accomplished. I think the project is about three quarters done.

Joanne had a lengthy phone chat with our life-long Winnipeg friend Shirley. She and her husband Darcy are going to Palm Springs for a brief vacation, and Joanne was giving Shirley some Palm Springs travel tips and advice.

In the evening I worked on providing information to our new financial investment advisor in Penticton.

Friday ; Sunny, mild, windy.

This morning I used my machete to open a coconut we bought a few days ago. DARN ! It was soggy inside, well beyond its prime.

This afternoon Joanne went grocery shopping by herself. I continued working on the Arizona room exterior moulding replacement project. Late in the afternoon and into the evening I worked on preparing some financial documents to send to our new investment advisor.

Saturday ; Sunny and very warm, temperatures in the low 80’s.

Late this morning we headed out to Yuma Civic Center to attend the Scandinavian Festival. Well … there’s ten bucks I’ll never get back ! HA HA HA ! The Scandinavian Festival was … well … okay, I guess. Before having lunch we sat and listened to Yuma’s youth string choir, the String Ambassadors. At lunch we sat next to a couple who had driven all the way from Long Beach, California, to attend. We enjoyed chatting with them while lingering over our Swedish Meatballs lunch. After lunch we wandered around the vendors, browsing their offerings, then sat and listened to the Yuma Accordion Band.

We were back home around 3 PM. We trimmed Emma’s and Ozzie’s nails, then I worked on the Arizona room exterior moulding replacement project. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment