Sunday, July 28, 2019

July 21 to 27, 2019

Sunday ; Sunny, hot, windy. Joanne roasted a boneless leg of lamb in the Sun Oven today. Good thing old folks like us can get those reverse mortgage things on our homes to pay for such indulgences. HA HA HA HA HA !

Again today I did preventive maintenance on the truck, draining the fuel / water separator at the bottom of the fuel filter. I removed the solar rope lights around our deck rail. Joanne sanded and stained the deck rail … while I napped with the animals. HA HA HA ! I updated our investment summary file and posted my weekly journal to my blog. And spent a whole lot of time searching for something that I was certain I had brought home from Yuma, but could not find. Eventually 
I found it !

Monday ; Sunny and hot.

This morning Joanne went into town by herself to run some errands. She picked up a prescription for me. She went to buy produce at Sanderson Farms and discovered … a fresh batch of Morel mushrooms, even better than last week’s batch ! WOO-HOO ! She found out from the owner of Sanderson Farms that a “local” is finding and picking the Morel mushrooms way up at Cathedral Lakes.

This afternoon Joanne spot sanded and stained the gazebo. I sanded the top and seats of our cedar picnic table. WHEW … tough work even with a powerful belt sander. I wonder how much cedar sawdust one can inhale before causing a respiratory problem ? ! ? HA HA HA !

Working as a team we made a superb supper. We started with an ear of corn 
I roasted on the barbecue. We ate that, then I roasted small potatoes while Joanne sauteed Morel mushrooms. I barbecued a thick, marinated steak while Joanne made cream sauce for the mushrooms and the potatoes. Corn, steak, creamed Morel mushrooms, creamed baby potatoes. Afterwards … I roasted fresh peaches on the barbecue, and Joanne made Peach Mint Julep with them, using fresh, home grown mint leaves.

Hang in there, coronary bypasses … you’ll be just fine. HA HA HA < SNORT > HA HA !

Tuesday ; Sunny and warm early in the day, severe thunderstorms late in the afternoon and evening. Heavy rain, thunder, lightening, brief power interruptions, frequent satellite TV interruptions.

This morning we did weekly Ozzie dental and ear care. In the afternoon we gave him a bath. I exercised our little generator. I cleaned the shower drain using a little drain cleaner tool. YUCK ! That must be mostly my hair clogging the shower drain, n’est-ce pas ?

We went to the swimming pool around 4 PM to exercise, but … there were too many other people … including a bunch of children. We left and came back round 6:30 PM. Had the place all to ourselves. In the evening we watched Amazing Race Canada. We certainly are eager for Dave and Irina to be eliminated ! What an obnoxious pair !

Wednesday ; Penticton

Sunny and hot. We spent the day in Penticton, running errands. While Joanne was at the pain clinic, having her first physiotherapy and acupuncture treatment for a sore shoulder I went to the cosmetology school and got a haircut and beard trim.

Thursday ; Sunny and hot. This afternoon I removed the expanding foam that 
I had recently installed around a plumbing pipe in a kitchen cupboard, and that the mice chewed through to regain access to that cupboard. I sealed around the pipe opening in the floor of the cupboard with RV weatherstripping putty. I hope that will solve the mice problem more effectively than the expanding foam did ! Wish me luck !

This afternoon we went to the swimming pool to do cardiac rehab exercises. We shared the pool with a brother and sister duo, she about twelve years old or so, he about ten years old or so. Probably grandchildren of a park resident. Their father, who should have been supervising the children in the pool, sat outside on a golf cart … and smoked cigarettes. I suspect he may have had one too many “cold ones” ! The unsupervised children were relatively well behaved, and the girl was trying to “supervise” her younger brother, but … ten year old boys are careless and use poor judgment. That’s why they need supervision ! ! ! And that’s how I got kicked in the abdomen as the boy swam past me. I’m pretty pissed off, but not at the boy. I’m pissed off at the lazy, irresponsible father on the golf cart ! ! ! Get your lazy ( perhaps drunk ) ass off the golf cart and keep an eye on your children in the pool … asshole ! I’m an old man with relatively recent open heart surgery and I don’t appreciate being kicked in the stomach ! ! !

Friday ; Sunny and hot. First Joanne cooked a stew in the Sun Oven, then when that was done she baked an apple and rhubarb crisp in the Sun Oven, using rhubarb from our garden, and Transparent Apples picked in our park’s orchard this morning.

I did a bit of maintenance on the truck and on my bicycle. Joanne went into town to refill our five gallon water jug and pick up the rest of my prescription refills at the pharmacy. I reconciled and paid our monthly MasterCard billing. We went to the swimming pool, but not to do cardiac exercising as we usually do. Today we did some exercises for Joanne’s painful shoulder. Back at home I began a review and purge of my “magician’s tool box”. I didn’t make much progress !

Saturday ; Sunny and hot.

With extreme reluctance I renewed our home insurance policy this morning. I was unable to find a suitable alternative because all insurance companies are currently unwilling to write new policies due to local wildfires. HMPH ! And the 69% premium increase on our current policy is in line with what all the other insurers are doing, claiming huge cost increases over the last few years due to wildfires in BC, and before that, in Fort McMurray, Alberta. HMPH !

This afternoon I reviewed and purged my “magic tool box”. In the box were two New Years’ Eve “poppers” that I had picked up many years ago and put into the box for potential use in magic. Today I decided to get rid of them. I “popped” one in the living room at Joanne as she was watching TV. YIKES ! ! ! It “exploded” with a loud bang, and spewed confetti all over Joanne … and the rest of the living room. She was NOT impressed. OOOOOPS … my bad ! HA HA HA HA HA !

Around supper time we went to the swimming pool and did cardiac rehab exercising.

This evening I listened to CBC Radio 1, streaming it on my laptop, listening to Randy Bachman’s Vinyl Tap followed by Saturday Night Blues.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment