Sunday, August 4, 2019

July 28 to August 3, 2019

Sunday ; Sunny, hot, windy.

Had a bit of a lazy day. Updated investment summaries. Posted my blog. Took Ozzie for a couple of walks. Did monthly computer backup work. Joanne did laundry, and while waiting for the laundry to be done she exercised by herself in the pool, working on her sore shoulder exercises.

Monday ; Sunny and hot.

After routine morning chores I decided to go fishing. I walked to my “secret fishing hole” about twenty minutes upstream to find that the Similkameen River “topography” has changed for the second summer in a row. I fished for an hour and a half, catching two Rainbow Trout and one Whitefish. I kept the Rainbows. HMPH ! The larger, stronger Whitefish bent my favourite Muddler Minnow fly. The return hike back home was much more difficult than the hike to the fishing spot. Probably because on the hike back home I was sun burned, very hot, slightly dehydrated, and somewhat “out of fuel” / hungry.

I decided that the strenuous hike to and from my fishing spot sufficed as my cardiac exercising for the day so … Joanne went to the swimming pool by herself this afternoon. I napped ! HA HA HA !

Late this afternoon while transferring our GPS from the truck to the minivan Joanne broke the GPS mount. < fume >

Tuesday ; Penticton

Sunny and hot.

We left home this morning at 11 AM, with our ( now surplus ) forty pound propane tank in the minivan. I had advertised it for sale, and sold it to a woman in Kaleden, agreeing to deliver it to her home. When we arrived at her home in Kaleden, her husband took the tank, then handed me forty dollars. UHHHHH … NO … pal … it’s seventy-five dollars ! Forty pound tank … not forty dollar tank ! ! ! The husband and wife … both elderly … seemed confused. I began to load the tank back into our minivan. The husband reluctantly coughed up seventy-five dollars !

We spent the day running errands in Penticton. Primary reason for the trip was a doctor’s appointment for me. I have been recording my blood pressure twice daily since an adjustment in the dosage of one of my heart medications about three weeks ago. The dosage adjustment seems to have put my blood pressure back “on track”. Good thing ! Now my “pre-existing condition” meets the “ninety day stability” ( prior to departure ) requirement of our travel medical insurance.

We had a wonderful lunch at a new Asian buffet restaurant. EXCELLENT food ! Chinese, Korean, and Thai. We left Penticton around 5 PM when our chores were finished and were home at 6 PM. We had a light supper before watching Amazing Race Canada.

Wednesday ; Happy 58th Birthday to my brother Russell

Sunny and hot.

WOW ! Stunning news by e-mail this morning. We have just found out that the elderly ( well … just a few years older than us ) man killed by the Stikine River bridge near Dease Lake in Northern BC ten days ago by the two young men now being hunted by the police in Northern Manitoba was one of our neighbours’ son-in-law ! ! ! Our deepest sympathies go out to John and Shelia, their daughter and grandsons.

This morning we drove to Hedley to check our “secret” wild Apricot tree. For the second year in a row, the tree has not produced any fruit. HMPH ! Bees not doing their job ?

We went to the swimming pool mid-afternoon to exercise, but there were so many people in the pool that we did not want to go in. We went to visit with our neighbour / friend Jeanine instead. After visiting with her for awhile we returned to the pool. All that remained were a middle aged couple with their teenage son, so … we did our exercising.

After I barbecued burgers for supper we watched Love Island, Jade Fever, and Highway Thru Hell. I’m ashamed to admit … we have started watching Love Island and have become “hooked”. HA HA HA !

Thursday ; Sunny and hot.

This afternoon I did some monthly budget accounting. And some investment analyses. Joanne went to the swimming pool to do arm and shoulder exercises. 
I went bicycling.

Around suppertime I worked for about an hour providing handyman services to our next door neighbour, doing some preventive maintenance inside her trailer and on the trailer roof.

Friday ; Sunny and hot, windy.

Paid bills, reconciled bank statements, updated investment files. Went to the pool and exercised late in the afternoon. Reviewed meeting minutes and other documents received from our community homeowners’ association.

Saturday ; Sunny and hot. Joanne cooked a beef stew in the Sun Oven today.

This morning we drove into Keremeos to run some errands. Priority was the hardware store. < sputter > It was closed … today, tomorrow, and Monday. Because … Monday is a holiday. Why would they close on Saturday and Sunday because Monday is a holiday ? ! ? And you wonder why small town businesses can’t survive ? ! ? We bought quite a lot of produce at Sanderson Farms. WOW … busy place on a long weekend ! Especially after a Hell’s Angels puppet club from the Lower Mainland / Vancouver area roared in. Bunch of old men reprobate bikers … who should have gotten haircuts and real jobs long ago … buying peaches and cherries. HA HA HA ! We refilled our five gallon water jug and stopped in at the grocery store for one item.

In the afternoon I purchased our annual travel medical insurance. Despite much effort I was unable to find an acceptable alternative to MEDIPAC, who pissed me off so severely last year that I vowed not to do business with them again. I rinsed our home’s bedroom windows, the minivan, truck, and camper now that our new 
( OCD ? ) next door neighbour has finished “blow drying” her gravel yard with a leaf blower … < fume > !

In the evening I did some planning work on our next summer’s planned trip by ferries through the Inside Passage to about a half dozen or so points in Alaska. WHEW … mucho dineros !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment