Sunday, August 18, 2019

August 11 to 17, 2019

Sunday ; Cloudy, windy, chilly. HMPH ! What a change !

Joanne went into town to buy some groceries and refill our five gallon water jug. 
I did routine household chores. Around suppertime we went to the pool and exercised. I did some trip planning. We’re going on a brief “vacation” trip in a week or so. Mind you … our entire lives are a “vacation”, n’est-ce pas ?

Monday ; Sunny and warm.

Joanne went to Penticton today by herself for a day of running errands. I had an easy day at home. I took Ozzie for a couple of longer than usual walks. I puttered around with some yard and garden work. I put the camper onto the truck.

Tuesday ; Sunny and warm.

Another slow, lazy day. I did some camper preparation work today. We’re going camping / travelling next week. We gave Ozzie a bath. We went to the swimming pool and exercised. After supper we watched Amazing Race Canada.

Wednesday ; Sunny and warm.

Joanne became very ill in the middle of the night with a stomach flu like illness. She slept until noon, then was slightly ill for the entire day. I went fly fishing in the Similkameen River this afternoon for two hours. I caught three Rainbow Trout, lost one before getting it in the net due to sloppy handling on my part … < fume > … kept two, and caught one Whitefish which I released. I seem to not be having as much fly fishing success in the Similkameen River as I have had in previous years.

Thursday ; Sunny and very warm. Joanne cooked a “barbecued / pulled” beef roast in the Sun Oven today.

She continued to be slightly ill today.

I did some preparations for our upcoming camping trip, loading all my fishing gear into the camper. In the afternoon I cleaned our barbecue thoroughly. YUCK ! Joanne cleaned the truck interior. YUCK ! I did some online set-up work for a new U.S. cell phone service provider I want to try this winter season.

Friday ; Sunny and warm, a bit windy.

I felt really “off” today, mentally and emotionally.

This morning I bought two tickets to see the fiftieth anniversary “resurrection” performance of the musical rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar in Las Vegas in a few months. The tickets went on sale this morning. Fifty years ? ! ? Wow … we’re old ! I paid some bills online. I did some Alaska Marine Highway trip planning for next summer. We went to the swimming pool and exercised. I barbecued Steelhead Trout for supper.

Saturday ; Princeton

Mostly sunny and warm, intermittent chilly wind late in the afternoon.

After regular routine morning chores we packed a picnic lunch, left home around noon and headed west on Crowsnest Highway 3 to Princeton, about an hour away. Today was the first day of the two day annual Princeton Traditional Music Festival.

We spent from 1 PM to 6 PM in Princeton, wandering back and forth between the three music stages in town, with musical acts changing every half hour. Two stages were outdoors, one was in the town’s library. We’ve attended the Princeton Traditional Music Festival many times before and have always enjoyed the eclectic mix of “traditional” musicians. Today was no exception. And as in previous years, this year there were “new” performers ; some blues artists, a blues “workshop”, a military band, a Doukhobor choir.

We were home around 7 PM. We’ll be back there tomorrow.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment