Sunday, October 20, 2019

October 13 to 19,2019

Sunday ; Mostly cloudy, cool.

HMPH ! We have just finished having our Thanksgiving dinner. It was terrible ! We bought a wrapped, frozen, expensive, lamb shoulder roast for tonight’s dinner. We didn’t realize until after it was thawed and cooked that … < sputter > … it was about 80% fat ! Worst $25 roast we’ve ever had. As a matter of fact … worst roast at any price ! ! ! After trimming off the extensive fat portions there was barely enough meat left to serve two people.

Today was spent leisurely chipping away at “fall pre-departure” preparations.

Monday ; Thanksgiving ( Canadian )

Sunny and mild.

Well ! Today I bought … another … Dodge minivan. HA HA HA ! I like our first one so much … I bought another one. The one I bought today … in Palm Springs, California … will be our new “winter” car in Yuma, Arizona. Our current “summer” car is a 2002 Dodge Caravan. Our new “winter” car is a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan. I found it online a couple of days ago, and have been communicating back and forth with the auto dealer online. Tonight we reached a tentative deal.

Yesterday at suppertime, while walking Ozzie, we found some Shaggy Mane mushrooms, an annual occurrence here in our RV park community. Although this is a couple of weeks later than they usually appear. Today while walking Ozzie at lunchtime, I found more Shaggy Manes. With a few harvested last night, and a few more harvested today, Joanne made Shaggy Mane mushroom soup for lunch. It was very good. Perhaps just a tad too much garlic … < BURP >.

Tuesday ; Penticton

Partially sunny, mild.

HMPH ! This morning I received a message from the Palm Springs auto dealer. They are unwilling to hold the Dodge minivan for me for a month, despite my willingness to place a reasonable deposit. Isn’t it fun doing business with Americans ? ! ? < sarcasm and contempt >

This afternoon I did some preventive maintenance work on the truck. And discovered a malfunctioned dually tire valve extender. HMPH ! Story of my life ! ! ! I used a couple of 4” spares to replace the 6” bad one.

At 4 PM we left home, heading to Keremeos and Penticton. In Keremeos 
I renewed the registration and insurance for our fifth wheel trailer and truck. In Penticton we ran a few errands then went to La Casa Ouzeria, a Greek restaurant, for a surprise ( for Joanne ) anniversary dinner. The food was good but … a bit heavy, leaving me feeling bloated.

After dinner we stopped at Wal-Mart for a few items. We got back home around 9 PM.

Wednesday ; Sunny and mild, a nice fall day.

I did some budget planning work today. Joanne did laundry. In the evening we checked the large inventory of election supplies each of us has for our polling station, and reported missing inventory to our … < ahem > … elections supervisor. She phoned at 8 PM and demanded that we do that task … tonight ! She seems to be operating under the misconception that we’re sitting around waiting for her to phone and tell us what hoops to jump through … and when ! When I phoned her back at 11 PM we had a … < ahem > … healthy exchange of opinions ! ! !

For supper Joanne prepared lamb chile verde using the remaining tomatillos harvested from our garden. MMMMM !

Thursday ; Overcast and cool.

This morning Joanne went to Penticton, taking our neighbour / friend Jeanine, and they spent the day running errands. I spent the day leisurely working on budget planning and preparations for departure at the end of the month.

Friday ; Sunny and cool.

Joanne did some work preparing our election work materials. I did some fall 
pre-departure preparation work. I retrieved and reconciled our U.S. bank account statement. I did some maintenance work on the camper. We went to the swimming pool at 6 PM and did an exercise session.

Saturday ; Mix of sun and clouds, cool, extremely heavy rain for just a few minutes around suppertime. Rather odd !

Another day of leisurely preparing for departure in a couple of weeks. And we gave Ozzie a bath. Joanne wanted him to be clean and smelling nicely for his day of being at a neighbour’s on Monday. < rolling my eyes >

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment