Sunday, October 6, 2019

September 29 to October 5, 2019

Sunday ; Two year anniversary of CABG surgery

WOO-HOO … I’m still alive ! ! !

Overcast, cold, intermittent light rain.

I have begun working on my “fall pre-departure” checklist. And because of the expectation of freezing temperatures overnight tonight, we prematurely harvested about half of the tomatillos in our garden. We left about half of them hoping that they will survive the frost and continue developing.

We had our neighbour / friend Jeanine over for supper again tonight. We experimented with a new Rainbow Trout recipe. It was okay. Needs some “refinement”. And I think we overcooked it a bit.

Monday ; Overcast, chilly.

We were up early this morning. We had to be in Keremeos at 9 AM for Elections Canada training. This will be the fourth election that we work and … this was by far the worst elections training session we’ve had. And most attendees felt the same way. Fortunately our previous elections work makes today’s poor training relatively insignificant.

We were finished our training session around 12:30 PM. We ran some errands in town before returning home for a late lunch. At 6 PM we went to the swimming pool and did a cardiac exercise session.

Tuesday ; Sunny and mild.

Joanne took our neighbour / friend Jeanine into Keremeos this afternoon for a doctor’s appointment. I worked on routine household chores. I cleaned and polished shoes and sandals. I “rotated” the one year old mattress in our camper.

In the evening I worked on the computer, reconciling monthly bank statements and updating investment files.

Both Emma and I seem to be over the worst of our colds, and are improving.

Wednesday ; Penticton

Cloudy and cool.

We left home this morning at 11 AM heading for Penticton and Joanne’s physiotherapy appointment at noon. We had lunch at Joy Asian Buffet, a restaurant we have been to once before. It’s wonderful ! At 2 PM we had a meeting with our financial advisor to firm up our upcoming “pensions” / lifetime annuity benefits. WOO-HOO ! It feels somewhat like reaching the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

We ran other shopping errands until 5 PM. We were home at 6 PM, both of us feeling quite tired. We skipped having dinner, feeling full after a big lunch. We watched Survivor at 8 PM.

Thursday ; Sunny and mild.

Today we very sadly recall the death of Bo two years ago.

I did some “fall pre-departure” work on the camper this afternoon. Our neighbour / friend Jeanine came over for dinner. I cooked my new Udon noodles stir fry creation, “invented” while Joanne was in Winnipeg. I liked it. Joanne liked it. Jeanine claimed to like it. Hard to tell. She’s a fussy eater.

Friday ; Sunny and mild.

I have begun to work on “fall pre-departure”. I loaded some supplies into the camper. I disconnected, drained and cleaned the living room’s air conditioner. 
I purchased a one day U.S. cell phone plan, to verify on our first day of travel that our Canadian cell phone which I had “unlocked” from Telus this summer, will indeed work with the U.S. cell phone service I have chosen for this winter. At 6 PM we went to the swimming pool and did an aquatics exercise session.

Joanne harvested and dried herbs from her herb garden. And baked cookies. WOO-HOO !

Saturday ; Sunny and mild.

This afternoon we went to visit our neighbour, Jeannie, to arrange for her to provide pet care service for Ozzie on election day, when we will be away from home for over fourteen hours working as election officers. Around supper time 
I began studying my Deputy Returning Officer training book.

For supper Joanne cooked a beef chile verde dish, a Pati Jinich recipe, using fresh tomatillos that I grew from seed in our garden this summer.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment