Sunday, September 29, 2019

September 22 to 28, 2019

Sunday ; Overcast, rain starting around noon and lasting all day.

Expecting the rain, Joanne worked this morning on staining balusters until the job was completed. Well done, my dear. I did some minor preventive maintenance on the vehicles and camper. We worked together to brainstorm a cat litter box “cover” concept for the camper. We did some “clean and purge” in the storage space underneath our entry landing.

In the afternoon I worked at my desk. I paid our Yuma, Arizona property tax bill. 
I posted my weekly journal entry to my blog. I analyzed the weekly performance of our investments. In the evening we watched the movie “Hitchcock”.

Monday ; Overcast, light rain early in the day.

This morning I did some minor maintenance on the truck. And some yard work. 
In the afternoon I did some repair work on our entry landing steps. The bottom / base of them needed to be re-leveled. Around supper time we went to the swimming pool and did an exercise session. In the evening I paid some bills online.

Late this afternoon we received a telephone call from a Recruitment Officer at Elections Canada. We both got hired as Deputy Returning Officers for the upcoming federal election.

Tuesday ; Sunny, warm, very windy.

This afternoon I did more preventive maintenance on the truck, then … fabricated a new litter box “cover” for the camper using a large plastic tote, to keep Ozzie out of Emma’s litter box when they are left alone together in the camper. As will be the case frequently during our month and a half in Palm Springs in December and January. In the evening I reconciled and paid our monthly MasterCard billing.

We watched the season premiere of “This Is Us”. Great writing !

Wednesay ; Sunny and warm, another lovely fall day.

Joanne went to Penticton by herself this morning for a day of running errands and a physiotherapy appointment. Emma seems ill with an upper respiratory infection / “kitty cat cold”. I began administering an upper respiratory medication that we have used for many years. We buy it in Mexico. I’m a bit paranoid about upper respiratory infections in old cats. That’s what brought about the death of Teddy, a previous cat of ours, when he was seventeen years old.

I went fishing this afternoon, probably for the last time this summer season. 
I fished for an hour and caught … absolutely nothing ! Not even a hint of a 
nibble ! HMPH ! After supper we watched the season premiere of Survivor.

Thursday ; Mostly sunny, mild.

Yesterday morning Emma came down with a “cold”. By day’s end … so did I ! First cold since my cardiac bypass surgery almost two years ago. I tried very hard to avoid getting a cold while weakened by and recuperating from surgery. 
I succeeded.

While taking Ozzie on his lunch time walk we found out that yesterday our neighbour / friend Jeanine fell and broke her collarbone … < sigh >. Looks like we’ll be having a frequent dinner guest for awhile. Her friends are all going to have to chip in their efforts to keep Jeanine fed. This incident just strengthens our resolve that moving to seniors’ housing should be done sooner rather than later !

While I napped with the animals after lunch Joanne went into town and ran some errands. Later in the afternoon we gave Ozzie a bath. Around supper time we went to the swimming pool and did exercises. Afterwards we cooked supper together. I tried out some new ideas and techniques I learned recently watching “Jamie Oliver’s 30 Minute Meals”.

Friday ; Overcast, chilly, light rain … snow at the tops of the mountains !

I felt pretty ill today with a cold. I napped for much of the afternoon. Our neighbour / friend Jeanine ( she of the broken collarbone ! ) came over for supper.

Saturday ; Cloudy, chilly, raining.

Not a day that inspired much activity. Especially when ill with a cold. I read. 
I napped. I partially winterized the camper because of the very cold weather forecast for the next few nights. In the evening I did monthly computer file backups.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment