Sunday, June 14, 2020

June 7 to 13, 2020

Sunday ; Overcast, cool, extremely heavy rain briefly in the afternoon. Crappy weather for the last week or so. Crappy weather for the next week or so.

Joanne continued working on staining balusters. I sold our surplus inventory of concrete blocks and paver stones, a couple of dozen pieces or so, to a new neighbour two doors down. Joanne harvested a large batch of our rhubarb. 
I eagerly await the final results of that. HA HA HA !

Joanne had a lengthy phone chat with her sister. While on our daily walk we had a chat with our neighbour / friend Chris whose husband Bob died about a year ago of heart valve replacement complications.

I did some monthly budget work this afternoon. I posted my weekly blog entry. After a wonderful supper ( of calf’s liver ) we watched the season finale “Tell All” show of “90 Day Fiance”. HA HA HA ! Yes, yes … people are stupid ! ! !

Monday ; Mostly sunny, mild, still horrific mosquitoes.

Joanne did laundry today. And continued staining balusters. I completed making arrangements to sell the truck tailgate tomorrow in Westbank ( aka West 
Kelowna ). I did a teensy bit of yard work. Both of the projects I have underway require the purchase of more materials before I can continue. So … I had a bit of a lazy, unproductive day. Well, actually … most of my days are a bit lazy and unproductive, n’est-ce pas ? HA HA HA ! That’s the privilege of being retired !

Tuesday ; Penticton and Westbank ( West Kelowna )

HMPH ! Found my missing letter opener ! In the most inexplicable of locations ! ! !

Mostly cloudy and mild.

We left home around 11 AM heading for half a day of running errands in Penticton, then a trip to Westbank to sell the truck tailgate. We arrived in Westbank a bit earlier than planned, so while I waited for the buyer to arrive at 
5 PM at our meeting location at the Superstore fuel bar, Joanne went into Superstore and began our grocery shopping. After selling the truck tailgate I went into the store and helped with the grocery shopping. We left Westbank around 5:30 PM, which was a bit earlier than we had planned, and arrived home around 7 PM, also a bit earlier than planned.

WHEW … we’re tired !

Wednesday ; Mix of sun and clouds, warm, humid. Muggy ! Mosquitoes getting worse ! ! !

Spent the afternoon working on the camper bathroom plumbing rebuild project. Finished !

Joanne baked hamburger buns. From scratch ! So … I barbecued burgers for supper !

Thursday ; Overcast, warm, humid, a few brief bouts of rain.

Joanne continued staining balusters. I installed balusters on one side of the deck. DARN … split three of them driving screws in.

Friday ; Mix of sun and clouds, extremely strong winds late in the afternoon, intermittent light rain.

Joanne had an idea this morning to “elevate” the laptop on my desk to reduce her tendency to adopt “head forward posture”. I mocked up a tilted laptop stand using some scrap lumber and … we both liked it, so … late in the afternoon I fabricated a tilted laptop stand using good lumber. If after using it for awhile we still like the concept, maybe I’ll order a fancy adjustable laptop stand from Amazon. We have been watching a series of posture improvement exercise videos. We’re both interested in improving our posture, especially Joanne’s “head forward posture” issue.

Joanne continued staining balusters. I trimmed my beard, and also continued working on the baluster project. Yesterday I made an appointment for a haircut. My local hairstylist is open for business again, but … she is prohibited from doing beard trims due to coronavirus. Fair enough !  I was going to hold out having my hair cut until our prime minister got his hair cut, but … Justin wins. HA HA HA !

Saturday ; Chilly, raining until late afternoon.

Joanne continued staining balusters, then she helped me install balusters on the west side of the living room deck.

Late in the evening we watched a first year ( 1975 ) episode of Saturday Night Live. Classic !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment